• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 22, 2019, 10:38:36 am

O what fun we had

Started by pastorzzub, May 01, 2011, 12:42:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pastorzzub

Church today.

Awesome stuff:

the Holy Spirit just started touching people during the service and letting them know He was there and would never leave.

I preached a message on Thorn in the flesh about overcoming trouble, and so many people were blessed, it was awesome.

Just before we received the offering, I stopped the offering and said I didn't want any money for the church. I said to pray and ask the Lord who He wanted to bless through them, write the name on the envelope and I would get the money to them.  It was awesome, I felt like Santa handing out the envelopes after church. It was wonderful. Some great testimonies.

Weird stuff:

The pastor from the church in our building had a massive go at Amanda today (my wife). I had two people from the church come and tell me he was being really rude.  At the end of the service, he starts yelling at me that my wife has offended him. I told him that he shouldn't be so thin skinned. He told me he was a man of God and God had told him that I was unrighteous and I had to listen to Him. To cut a long story short to get him out the way of the car so we could drive home I had to threaten to call the police!

A new lady came to our church today and offered one of my elders a leadership opportunity in her church. She had never met the elder before today.

All in all, definitely weighted in favour of awesome!

sharonl

You have to smile at all of this because the devil is so desperate to destroy you that it is bordering on rediculous.  Keep it up - you are a real threat to him.

That is a wonderful thing you did with the envelopes - I have never seen that done before, what a blessing.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

Foadle

Wow that would have been a real blessing to people in the congregation.

As far as the other pastor is concerned: stay in the spirit and I will continue to pray for you.  You are doing well.

DianeL

First part = wow! :)

Second part = definitely weird :)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

DiscipleHeLovesToo

the devil is attacking your church - you must have come up on his radar - well done!

let's see now, what was it that Jesus did when a demon interrupted His services...

oh yeah, I remember - He ignored the person, and told the demon to 'Shut up and get out!'

and then there was the time when Peter rebuked Him - He ignored Peter and commanded the devil to get behind Him

once the devil had left, He could minister to the person...

James 4:7 KJVR
(7) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

GLYB!!!

Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.