• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
July 15, 2019, 04:10:08 pm

"Thats Gay"

Started by JohnDB, April 14, 2011, 04:38:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnDB

At work we were talking about plans for our weekends. One guy was talking about how he was gonna brew some beer. That was when I said, "I gotta cake to bake".
He then proclaims "That's gay. See. I'm doing Guy stuff & your doing what?"

Then he asks our foreman about a Holy Cow cake he brought in that his wife made so his girlfriend could make him one. (As if I really believe that.) He then spends at least 20 minutes talking about that cake. 
I wanna die like grandpa, peacefully and in his sleep. Not like the passengers in his car...they were all screaming and panicking.

Supplanter

Lol. You know the guys you work with have a reputation to maintain honey.

Child of JC

My husband is the baker in our family, and he's all Man!! A real man lives in peace because he just has to be himself. Fake men live trying to look like a man. Idiots. It's just like Christians trying to play the typical Christian part instead of just being themselves. It's all stupid and accomplishes NOTHING! I could even make the case that it's a hindrance to the family/church.
♥ Created to Love and be Loved ♥

JohnDB

I don't know if the "gay accuser" knew how dumb he looked. Sometimes construction workers aren't exactly the brightest bulbs.
I told the my foreman (while coworker was standing there) "I aint got time to talk about cooking I gotta go put in some lights". And proceeded to do just that.
I wanna die like grandpa, peacefully and in his sleep. Not like the passengers in his car...they were all screaming and panicking.

bill16652

lol I also like to cook and bake.  I had to learn it the hard way and became good at it as I love food

pastorzzub

I once lent a student a pen because once again he came into my classroom without one. 
He didn't like the pen.  He yelled at me in the middle of the lesson, "Sir, sir, your pen is GAY".

I simply said "No, it's not.  It's biro-sexual"

DiscipleHeLovesToo

when you get a chance to talk to him alone, ask him why he's focused on homosexuality; it might be a witness opportunity - 'God can set you free from that you know' - he may well be fighting thoughts of being gay - what one meditates on eventually comes out of their mouth

but be serious; don't descend to condemnation - condemnation is the devil's work.

if nothing else, it will likely make him think twice about condemning you again if you show God's love to him in spite of his condemnation toward you

GLY!!!
Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Supplanter

Disciple He Loves. The expression "that's gay" has a pretty common slang usage that the sayer does mean as an insult but isn't exactly focused on homosexuality so to speak. When I taught eith grade I heard it a 100 times a day from my students. They weren't focused on homosexuality. They were trying to rile each other up. This guy is kind of jealous bc John gets a lot of attention at work. He was just trying to get a jab in at John with no real malicious intent. It's a cultural thing.the guy isn't struggling with homosexuality. He is just dealing with feelings of jealousy. To pull the guy aside and suggest to him that he is gay would do nothing but create a rift and would not be productive in helping him to know Jesus. It really doesn't matter if he is gay or not. There is no reason to specifically address an unsaved persons sins in most situations, because that is really just another way we backhandedly judge. But again there are of course exceptions. People make offensive remarks without meaning to actually be all that offensive. Most people speak without thinking and to address a thoughtless comment as something deathly serious only serves to alienate others from yourself and Christ.

DiscipleHeLovesToo

thanks for the clarification Supplanter; but since the comment came in response to a man's comment about baking a cake i'm not sure this was merely a commonly used phrase - and i'm not implying that i think a man is gay if he bakes cakes either :)

i get the sense that i may have offended you somehow; if so, please forgive me. 

Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

DianeL

My brother in law makes the bestest cheesecakes in the world, I think it's a gift :)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

JohnDB

I talked to the guy who accused me of behaving gay today...worked right next to him. Explained to him what I seen...

LOL

He got red faced and said, "Boy, that was kinda stupid huh?"

I told him I thought the whole scene was hilarious and that he probably didn't realize what he was saying and doing at the same time.

All in good fun. We then had a pretty good day working with each other till the guys who were taking down the scaffolding made it so we couldn't get any more done...

And for those questioning...yes...I used some subtleties to begin a path of witnessing to the guy. Gentle at first and later I will eventually hit him with the hard stuff...I gotta tread carefully but the guy needs our prayers.

His life is falling apart due to his drinking and he knows it. He has a couple kids and an ex wife straight from the pits of hell. (so do I but...I have the ultimate weapon...truth)

Soooo...as he is kinda floundering and looking for "something different" but not exactly sure where to look for it and find it...if we could keep him and one other in our prayers...

There is a guy from Egypt. His family moved here to escape Egyptian moslem persecution. His oldest son came home the other day from school telling him that we all descended from monkeys and that space aliens helped the Egyptians build the Pyramids...at first the guy thought his son was telling some kind of joke. When he realized he was serious he was furious. (he had never heard of darwinism before).

To escape Sadaam Hussein's soldiers (he was working in Kuwait at that time) and to escape the muslims...just to be destroyed by American garbage is just too much eh?

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Matthew 25:21 KJV
(21) His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.