• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

God's will is for all to be saved? Hogwash!!

Started by WileyCoyote, April 04, 2011, 02:10:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WileyCoyote

I started this thread in the Spirit Filled/Charismatic section over two years ago and still think it's hilarious. Don't worry, it is purely satire. Enjoy. :rofl:

You know, I've heard statements tossed around the church world and in these forums that have little biblical evidence to support them. One of which is that "it is God's will for all to be saved." It is kind of disheartening to see phrases like this being tossed around the forums. Why give our enemies a chance at salvation? Shouldn't we be trying to damn them to hell? They'd do the same to us.

Well, WileyCoyote has some great news for you. It is NOT God's will for all to be saved. If it is, then why aren't all saved? Isn't God Sovereign? You mean to tell me that God Almighty cannot save these people if He chose to? You deny His power, do ya? Well, if it is God's will for all to be saved, why didn't He save the rich man in Luke 16:19-31? Why isn't He going to save the people in Matthew 7:22-23 who professed Him as Lord? Why isn't He going to save the people in Revelation 20:15 that He is going to toss into the lake of fire? Why isn't God going to save the antichrist, who He will toss alive into the lake of fire, along with the false prophet? (Revelation 19:20)

My point? Sometimes God saves and sometimes He doesn't. We have to decipher when it is appropriate to ask God to save anybody. And to anyone wishing to be saved, they have to ask God "if it be thy will" because as I've already demonstrated, God may choose to damn them to hell no matter how badly they want to be saved. Perhaps God is sending them there to "teach them something". Whatever happens, we have to understand that God knows best.

Explaining some of the proof-texts for the "All Saved" Doctrine

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9)

Ah, so this scripture appears to say that God is patient with us because He wills for us all to choose to be saved so we can go to heaven with Him. But does it actually say this? It sure doesn't. Look at that word "repentence". What does it mean? It comes from the greek word metanoia and it is defined:

1) a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done
(Source: http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/...gs=G3341&t=KJV)

So God wants all to "change their minds". Change their minds about what? The way they are living their lives down here on earth. You see, God wants us to live long on the earth. If we are living destructive lifestyles, we might die prematurely. It doesn't say that God wills for us to go to heaven, so He is waiting for us to turn to Him. It says that God wants us to change the way we are living down here on earth so that we won't die early.

"This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:3-4)

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE WILL SAVE THEM ALL. His wants and His WILL are two different things. Some people just need eternal fire burning them all over just so they will get the point. God loves us all, but His will overrides His wants. The second His wants override His will, He then becomes selfish and no longer God. He does what is BEST, not what He wants, like we are so prone to do.

And for those of you who wish to pull that "anybody can come to God" hogwash, I have a little something special for you.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Yes, God loves the world but He is still a Sovereign Father who knows best. He knows that some should burn in hell in order to humble them and this is the only way to humble some people. Furthermore, this text says nothing about people believing in Jesus entering into heaven. The devil believes in Jesus and he will be thrown into the lake of fire. It says EVERLASTING LIFE. All people, Atheist or not, believe in God.

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" (Romans 1:20)

Mankind is without excuse. They know a creator exists because of the evidence around us. Furthermore, Jesus is God, and scriptures tell us He created all things. (Colossians 1:16) Since all men believe in Jesus (because Jesus is God and scriptures tell us that God is known and understood through His creation) then all men have eternal life. This doesn't mean they will go to heaven. Your soul will have eternal life in the sense that it will ALWAYS BE ALIVE. It will never die, because it is eternal. Your soul will live forever in either heaven or hell. Mankind doesn't have a choice in His salvation. Either God chooses to save you or He doesn't. It is all according to His will.

So yes, I believe God saves. But only when it is His will to do so. We cannot twist God's arm using some "faith formula", like saying the sinner's prayer. He will save if He so sovereignly chooses to. And if He doesn't and sends people to hell, will you still trust Him? We will just have to see, won't we?

JTM³

Sadly, there are people that believe this.

I know many. :-\

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

bill16652

Quote from: JTM³ on April 04, 2011, 08:25:49 pm
Sadly, there are people that believe this.

I know many. :-\
That is sad but it comes from a lack of understanding free will.  It is Gods will that all be saved but because we can choose not all will be.

WileyCoyote

This is a spoof of the "it is not God's will to heal all" debates. :P

bill16652

WileyCoyote

Yup. When I posted that thread a couple of years ago, one person said logic doesn't play any part in WOF doctrine and another person accused me of using sarcasm because it "added weight to my otherwise inane arguments". It is interesting the responses you get when you throw the critic's arguments back at them.

pastorzzub

Just done six radio programmes on healing. You really have to be unable to read to get it.

I have just taught a very thorough study of 1 peter 2.24 with a study guide and PowerPoint. Go to WWW.treeoflifechurch.org.UK and click on healing centre then click on healing sermons, it is the one entitled by His STRIPE you are healed.