• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
July 18, 2019, 09:36:58 pm

"Slain in the Spirit"

Started by jiminpa, March 28, 2011, 09:56:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jiminpa

My "slain in the Spirit" experience from March 19, 2011.  First, I hate the term "slain in the Spirit" but I don't have a better term.  I was at a small conference and the speaker was praying for people as happens in charismatic meetings.  God told me to "go down," even before the speaker got to me.  I would like to say that I listened immediately, but there were people all around and there was no space.  When he got to those close to me there were already too many people on the floor around me.  So I stood there a little longer and finally when things cleared a little I went down to my knees.  That didn't work so well, but God was already touching me and I couldn't easily move.  After a few minutes I made it back to my seat, and the meeting was already disbursing.  Sitting was still more effort than I was able to give, so I lied on my back on the floor in the row.  When I got up I was still on a complete Spiritual high.  The hours drive home only seemed to take minutes.

When we were literally five minutes from home my daughter called.  Someone had thrown a rock through one of our living room windows.  I decided that Satan wasn't going to win that easily and while the Spiritual high was gone I did not lose my peace over it. 

I want to point out that no one laid hands on me.  I could have refused to lie down and let God minister to me, and, in fact, did refuse for a while.  But God needed me to be still and let Him be God  and I probably wasn't going to fully listen without it being an environment that I somewhat expected something like that from God. 

God is good. 
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

DianeL

Oh yes, God is good :)

From what I've seen in my walk, laying on of hands isn't always a pre-requisite that allows Holy Spirit to interact with us.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

bill16652

I had a friend who had not experienced it and refusedto go forward to get prayed for yet he went down while the minister was 50 feet away but approaching him.  He could not stop talking about it to his Methodist brethern later.   He knew it was God.

JTM³

Funny you should post this..

I've been wondering too if a direct laying on of hands is necessary, that is the model Scripture gives us after all.

I have my own thread on tongues I've been thinking about. Perhaps I shall post it.

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

8 iron

The one and only time it's happen to me it came out of the blue. I was in a prayer line, but nobody was going down. In fact, it wasn't really a ministry time, just people getting prayer.

The lady that was praying came to me, she put her hand on my forehead and I went down. She neve prayed a word and I didn't realize what had happened. I was shocked and tried to get up immediately, but couldn't.

I did get up and went to my seat. For the next 15-20 minutes I could feel 'fire in my bones'. My body felt no pain or discomfort, it was amazing.

Never happened since.

flaglady

I prefer to think of it as being filled with the Spirit since the other term has acquired such a negative reputation. It also happened once to me as well - in a very straight laced church where several others declared themselves to have been 'very embarrassed by my behaviour'! No-one laid a hand on me either, the visiting minister was at the other end of the prayer line. But when he saw me going down, he immediately came over, laid on hands and prayed for me. Since it wasn't 'approved practice' in that church, there were no catchers but I still felt like I floated to the floor like an autumn leaf and had a very soft landing! An amazing experience and yes, I too felt 'on fire' afterwards. What a pity the other people couldn't share or understand what had happened.

sharonl

I have never experienced it in a meeting, but have in my home, only a couple of times, once it was so strong that I actually thought I was going to have an encounter with the Lord. It lasted about 20 minutes and as you say 'my bones were on fire'
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

8 iron

Quote from: flaglady on March 30, 2011, 08:03:43 am
I prefer to think of it as being filled with the Spirit since the other term has acquired such a negative reputation. It also happened once to me as well - in a very straight laced church where several others declared themselves to have been 'very embarrassed by my behaviour'! No-one laid a hand on me either, the visiting minister was at the other end of the prayer line. But when he saw me going down, he immediately came over, laid on hands and prayed for me. Since it wasn't 'approved practice' in that church, there were no catchers but I still felt like I floated to the floor like an autumn leaf and had a very soft landing! An amazing experience and yes, I too felt 'on fire' afterwards. What a pity the other people couldn't share or understand what had happened.

:hugegrin:I was embarrased as I took out 3 rows of chairs. I was told when I went down the front row chairs went flying and people were jumping out of the way. Of course, I'm a big man.........

Yeah, the feeling of being on fire was the most incredible part. It was amazing.

8 iron

Quote from: sharonl on March 30, 2011, 09:18:58 am
I have never experienced it in a meeting, but have in my home, only a couple of times, once it was so strong that I actually thought I was going to have an encounter with the Lord. It lasted about 20 minutes and as you say 'my bones were on fire'

I hope that is how our bodies feel in Heaven because it felt so good.

pastorzzub

The Lord has told me clearly to get ready for it in our church at the end of may beginning of June.

davemcclean

Quote from: pastorzzub on March 30, 2011, 05:34:50 pm
The Lord has told me clearly to get ready for it in our church at the end of may beginning of June.

Man I wish I lived near your church...you don't want to plant one in Belfast by any chance?  :hugegrin:

PS would like to have that experience but it's never happened to me yet.

pastorzzub

Not yet.  Maybe after we have conquered London.

davemcclean

Quote from: pastorzzub on March 30, 2011, 05:42:36 pm
Not yet.  Maybe after we have conquered London.

LOL well hurry up then!

Sarah

One of the ladies that goes to our church called me on Monday.  She said that when she was dancing she fell on Melody.  I didn't even know it happened.  The Lord was so good and protected her.  She didn't have anything on her and was fine even during the rest of the service.  Thanks Father!  :loveshower:
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

flaglady

I'm so glad Melody was protected. God be praised!

I was 'fell upon' at a big meeting. I was on my hands and knees praying in a fairly crowded area by the stage - as were a lot of other people. Either face down or laid out flat! I was nicely lost in prayer when a 5' 10", stockily built young man standing in front of me just went over backwards like a felled tree - right on top of me! I was really badly hurt and in tears but no-one, not even the young man, took any notice. I've never made myself vulnerable like that again.