• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

The unchanging Father of the heavenly lights

Started by The Lord is my banner, August 16, 2008, 11:06:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lord is my banner

I was trying to make a signature here, but every time I saved it there was a bit cut off, so until I get my head around what went wrong there I'll share the scripture here, because it's too good not to!

Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows.

James 1:17

I read it a few days ago, and felt it float itself gently off the page and settle into my heart with such quiet power and tenderness of landing - like a dove returning to its nest. 

I've often struggled with getting my "head" knowledge of Father to reach my heart, but suddenly, in little more than a glance at the page, the word did it all by itself.  Bypassed my tired, fractious mind, snuck in the back door, wham gotcha!

:)

Another wonderful thing was that I was able to memorise it and the following verse immediately.  I've never learnt a verse so fast, it was as if it was there already - I set out to repeat it to myself, practice it, but found it there waiting for me.  I have remembered it readily ever since, when usually I take ages to commit anything to memory and a day after I've forgotten again.  I'm puzzled but happy!

churchlady

Quote from: The Lord is my banner on August 16, 2008, 11:06:00 am
felt it float itself gently off the page and settle into my heart with such quiet power and tenderness of landing - like a dove returning to its nest. 

Bypassed my tired, fractious mind, snuck in the back door, wham gotcha!

Look at the crafting of words by somebody with the gifts of a writer!  Beautiful!
De Oppresso Liber

sharonl

That is beautiful - why don't you keep a journal of your feelings and the progress as God leads you through all this - it will be a testimony for others later and uplifting to you also.

Your writing is beautiful and as I write this I have a strong witness of the Holy Spirit - this is what you should do.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com