January 23, 2021, 03:41:57 am

2010?

Started by Daughter of the King, November 15, 2010, 05:35:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Daughter of the King

So, we're into November now and I've been thinking about how to sum up the past year.

For me I'd use the word change - I've lost a pastor and close friend, change. I've left a fellowship I've been in for nine years and joined a new one, change. I've moved house, change. My daughter has started school so I am alone at home all day, change. I need to find some part-time work, change.

So for me I'd sum up 2010 by saying change.

How about you? What words or word sums up 2010 for you?

SOZO = salvation, healing, restoration, prosperity, freedom! PTL!

pastorzzub

Growth.

In January our church was 5 people.  We now average 25 on a Sunday morning, have a Bible school, two Bible studies in the week with another 2 on the way, have baptised 5 people, seen about 30+ people baptised in the Holy Spirit and seen many healin gs and deliverances.

Next year we intend for double double growth.  To go from 25 to 100.

DianeL

Trust

Trusting God, that He is sovereign, it's been a rough go the last 4 yrs for me.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

flaglady

I'd say rebirth.

I did flags again after an 18 month lay off - haven't done them again since, but there y'go!
I got back to work big time
I actually planted some vegetables this year
I had shingles!
My forum on BoneSmart and the associated website is undergoing a major upgrade in a couple of weeks - culmination of about 10 months work - and we are having tv ads for the website and forum go out in the New Year all across the US!
I got to take on two mods on BoneSmart and made up the present mod as an admin

Well, that'll do for now!

Yes, I think rebirth about sums it up.

sharonl

Frustration to change:

Watching as our freedoms are threatened by take over government.
Watching as loving caring people are walked over by callouse politically correct laws.
Having to accept sinful acts as rightous living or be prosecuted.
Seeing how very corrupt our government is and just voting is no longer the answer.
Watching as the world changes their views about America and considering us as a weak nation now.
And most of all - watching as God is being removed from our society more and more every day.

I realize these are negative - but my years are far greater than most of you and I lived in a good time when we were proud of our country, had respect for the flag and people's rights, smaller government and we were not forced to accept anything and everything the government forced upon us.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

flaglady

Oh Sharon (((((((((hugs))))))))) Nothing positive?

sharonl

Yes lots of positives - we are alive and well, still live in a free country, the majority of people still believe in God.  If God is for us - who can be against us - we just have to wear our shoes out kicking all those road bumps that get in our way. We have many more positives than negatives. It just hurts to see all the Blessings that God has given us being thrown aside. But I am a positive person, just saw too many changes at one time - it overwhelmed me.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

JTM³

Shhhhhh.......2010 is the year I take over the world !!!!!!!! :hugegrin:

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

pastorzzub

Foadle

For me it has been change, growth, trust, and learning to rest in who God is.  It has been letting go of the steering wheel and letting God drive.  It has been progress leading to a newer more whole me.  God has been very gracious.

JTM³

[spoiler]

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

[/spoiler]

bill16652

Quote from: JTM³ on December 10, 2010, 06:36:01 pm
Shhhhhh.......2010 is the year I take over the world !!!!!!!! :hugegrin:
You mean me dont you

JTM³

Quote from: bill16652 on December 11, 2010, 04:02:44 pm
You mean me dont you

I was just noticing you have WAYYY too many posts. I think we need to spread your post wealth around.... :shifty: ;)

And no, not you. :D

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Daughter of the King

You realise JT that you only have 20 more days of 2010 left in which to carry out your planned world domination!

SOZO = salvation, healing, restoration, prosperity, freedom! PTL!

JTM³

Quote from: heatherfb on December 11, 2010, 05:27:43 pm
You realise JT that you only have 20 more days of 2010 left in which to carry out your planned world domination!

There's always next year. :shrug:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

bill16652

DiscipleHeLovesToo

For me, this was a year of tests and endurance.  the devil tested me in my job, in my finances, in my health, in my relationships.  I won battles, lost battles, and other battles rage on - he doesn't want to accept that the war over me is lost to him - but he will.  I'm not where i want to be; but I've left where i was.  the devil is a spiritual fool; he doesn't see that as he tests me, he motivates me to become more and more effective at receiving God's strength and wisdom.  the devil's tests of 2010 add to the weapons of testimony i use against him in 2011 and beyond.  the battle goes neither to the swift nor the strong, but to he that endures to the end.  Thank you Father God that I am always a victor on Christ!
Joh 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Rachel Faith

I'm not exactly sure how I would sum up the year. Higher highs, deeper valleys....I guess according to Mark Lowery that is "life more abundantly".
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8