Go Down

Foadle

Australian Spider definition: Ice cream with soft drink poured over it

Yep same thing

Sarah

Quote from: Foadle on June 14, 2010, 06:47:52 PM
Australian Spider definition: Ice cream with soft drink poured over it

Yep same thing

I like our name better.  Who wants to a drink named after an icky bug?
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Foadle

Those who live in the top security ward of Noah's Ark (that's my brother-in-law's name for it - he's kiwi)

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Hisgirl

"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

pastorzzub

Just baked cup cakes with my daughter.

125g butter
125g sugar
2 eggs
125g self-raising flour
grated peel of two tangerines
1 tablespoon of milk

Mix it all up (best way: mix the butter and sugar first.  Then add the eggs and milk.  Then the tangerine zest, then the flour bit by bit.  Stir like crazy until it is smooooth).  Put in little paper cases for cupcakes.

Put in oven for 12-15 minutes (180c).

Make up some icing sugar (125g + a few drops of water).  Add red food colour to make pink icing sugar because we need to make princess cupcakes.  Put icing sugar on cakes.  Use another batch of icing sugar and add yellow food colouring as your youngest son will NOT eat PINK CAKES!

Get some rainbow sprinkles and sprinkle generously.  Make sure one of the cakes has 10000 times the amount of sprinkles to the rest so your daughter can name that her princess cake.

They are really yummy...

Foadle

Tried this yesterday.  Easy and filling.

I think it was Naan (or narn or however it is spelt) bread.  Indians use it with their various meals for scooping up liquidy substances.  I saw it on tv and decided to give it a go.

Plain flour with just enough water to make something the consistenct of bread dough.  Break off small handfulls and roll into a ball before rolling out flat.  Place in fry pan with just enough oil to grease.  After couple just enough time to seal flip seal and then flip and cook till brown.  if it starts to puff up with air you have done well but it still tastes okay if it doesn't (I had some and some).

I made a hot but tasty sauce dip thing that I invented on the spot but turned out great (or so I thought).   I used a large dollop (great cooking term  :hugegrin: ) of tomato paste mixed with a little boiled water then thickened with corn flour and a generous teaspoon of curry powder.  Was great

pastorzzub

Sounds yummy.

I am about to have cornflakes and milk to wake me up on this Saturday morning.  I have such a sense of destiny today though.  Very very excited. 

Why? Don't know...

Daughter of the King

Wow! Maybe you're gonna have one of those "next level" days where there is a real shift in the Spirit. Hope it's a blessed day!

Btw it's weetabix and milk here!

SOZO = salvation, healing, restoration, prosperity, freedom! PTL!

Foadle

Have you ever tried fish and potato pie?  It is really good (or so I think)

Mash a tin of tuna and some diced onion into your potatoes.  Place in a backing dish and put grated cheese and tomato slices on top.  Put in oven until the cheese is melted.

lovesblessing

In light of the fact that sweet corn is going to be abundant soon everywhere, I thought I would share a neat way to cook it that is fast and easy.......clean your corn, rinse it, and while still wet wrap it in a paper towel, and microwave it for 2 minutes.....and instant sweet corn on the cob!  Yahoo!  It is soo good without all the boiling water and all mess......!  Enjoy!  ;)
[COLOR=#7030a0][SIZE=5]Faith is having a good opinion of God! [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#7030a0][/COLOR][/FONT]
[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z258/lovesblessing/JESUS20LOVES20DOVE.jpg[/img]

Hisgirl

Yes!  We love microwaved corn!

I never tried wrapping it in a paper towel, though.  We just put the corn, in its green shucky leaves, on a plates and microwave it 3 minutes.  When it comes out, all steamy, we then pull back the leaves, slip off the silk, and use the leaves as a handle.

Your way sounds neater, LOL.
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

Foadle

You can't forget to add the butter...nom nom nom

bill16652

Foadle

Do you need a bucket to catch all the drool

Floatingaxe

Chocolate Cake in a Mug

4 tbsp cake flour (NOT self-rising)
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
a splash of vanilla
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients, mix well. Add the egg, and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk & oil, mix well. Add the chocolate chips (optional).
Add vanilla, mix again. Pour into your mug, place mug in microwave & nuke for 3 minutes at 1000 watts

The cake will rise over the top of the mug - don't be alarmed.

Allow to cool a little & DIG IN!!! It can serve two (if you want to feel slightly more virtuous)

Why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

Foadle

And that is a bad thing ???

bill16652

Foadle

Bread Pudding

This is a good one for using old bread.

Soak old/dry bread for at least four hours.  Better over night if you can but not for more than 24 hours (as the yeast ferments).  Wring out the bread and add mixed dried fruit, brown sugar and egg.  Mix well and place in baking pan in oven on no more than 180C and cook until a knife inserted comes out clean.  This can take a while as the bread is so moist.
Sorry I can't give you exact measures but it does taste good hot or cold.  Serve hot with custard or ice cream or eat cold as ordinary cake

Foadle

Hey Bill, would you mind putting your zucchini bread recipe in here for us.  It sounds so good I am going to have to try it

Go Up