"Mountain Streams"

"Refreshing Waters"

"Pleasant Haven"

"Balmy Breeezes"

"Restful Pastures"

"Still Waters"

"Hillside Pastures"

"Feeding Flocks"

I was thinking of some kind of logo like this picture below, with waters rushing by as the sheep feed:

or, um er uh, maybe something like this:

Sarah

OMG!  Where did you find that picture Stephen?  It's a little graphic for a road sign!
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Stephen Worrell

Quote from: Sarah on August 20, 2008, 10:04:35 pm
OMG!  Where did you find that picture Stephen?  It's a little graphic for a road sign!

It's a road sign in Canada.

Type the word 'sheep' on Google and click through the pages of images.

Pete

Dude.  That is one dead sheep.

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Stephen Worrell

Quote from: Pete on August 20, 2008, 10:12:49 pm
Dude.  That is one dead sheep.

I'm surprised they didn't put this from the Batman tv show on the sign ...

The Lord is my banner

Some good suggestions for the name Stephen, but please not Pleasant Haven - it sounds too much like an old folks' home!

Pete

I think I've come to a decision.

Unless someone can come up with a marvelous suggestion in short order, I really like the name;

His Grace Oasis
hisgraceoasis.com

The domain is available, I think it describes this place wonderfully, and something inside me jumped when I saw it.

This place is to be built upon the Love and grace of God, and I think that name fits nicely.

Last chance for input... 

DiscipleWhomJesusLoves

His Grace Oasis sounds good to me.

I can only think of "Table Of Grace"?

The Lord is my banner

Quote from: Pete on August 23, 2008, 12:26:23 am
I think I've come to a decision.

Unless someone can come up with a marvelous suggestion in short order, I really like the name;

His Grace Oasis
hisgraceoasis.com

The domain is available, I think it describes this place wonderfully, and something inside me jumped when I saw it.

This place is to be built upon the Love and grace of God, and I think that name fits nicely.

Last chance for input... 

Amen! 

sharonl

Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

flaglady

Beautiful! Perfect!

But please tell us our musings help you to choose this ....

Pete

They sure did!

Actually, the name hisgraceoasis.com was suggested by lovesblessing in our chat last night (all KINDS of stuff goes on in the chat room!)

We were talking, and I said I liked theoasisretreat.com for a name, but after your comment about it looking weird, and charity mentioned in the chat that it looked greek, I looked at it again and thought the same thing!  :D

So then I said, how about thegraceoasis.com, since just graceoasis.com was already taken.

And then, lb said the simplest thing.  "How about HIS Grace Oasis".   It was so simple!  Why hadn't I thought of it before?! 

Suddenly, something inside me JUMPED!  I REALLY liked that name, but surely it was already gone.  So over to my WHOIS search I went, and much to my surprise, it was available!

So I think that's it!  I'll wait just a little longer today for more comments, but I think I'm going to buy the domain name later this afternoon or this evening.

Then, I'll keep you all updated on the domain switch...

Get ready to update your bookmarks to HIS GRACE! 

churchlady

I like the name too. 

By the way, I know it costs money to run a forum but have no idea how much.  Do you have a donation button anywhere or are you going to have one in the future?
De Oppresso Liber

Pete

I've pondered it, but at this time, I've decided against posting any donation button.  I've also decided against any type of advertising.

I may add a donation button later if the load gets to be such that I need a more expensive hosting package to support the greater membership numbers.  But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it...

When it comes time to renew the current hosting (which costs $49.95/6 months) and the domain name (which is another $9.95/year), I'll have another "pledge drive"  .  Our last "pledge drive" lasted less than 24 hours before we had all the money we needed!  I think my renewal months are sometime around February and August.

But really, I'm not looking to make money off of this.  So long as my costs are covered, I'm cool.

flaglady

I was just going to comment had anyone notice Pete's a "Hero member" but then I saw that I am as well! Shame!

Pete

Those are "post driven" titles.  After...  um, I think 500 posts, you become a "Hero Member".

flaglady

Sarah

Quote from: Pete on August 23, 2008, 01:46:53 pm
Those are "post driven" titles.  After...  um, I think 500 posts, you become a "Hero Member".

If you suddenly see me posting like mad....
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

flaglady

You got a way to go .... 

oh!! that last post was my 700th!