October 25, 2020, 09:52:58 pm

Our new Name!

Started by Pete, August 09, 2008, 10:28:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

churchlady

Quote from: Hisgirl on August 17, 2008, 02:59:01 pmSo far from what I've seen...this forum is all about love and grace! Finally!! 

Yes, let's name it in honor of Pete.....the "If You Come on Here Causing Strife, I've Got The Backbone To Tell You To Leave, Christian Forum"

De Oppresso Liber

The Lord is my banner

I think we need to keep turning out new names and never decide which one, so we can keep this funny thread open forever!   

Sorry, can't think of any names myself, but did like Dana's Love Shack.  Might get some interesting people stopping by looking for "something else" than what we offer though... 

flyingsum0

"Our Shoulder": A Place to come by and lean...

churchlady

De Oppresso Liber

Renee

Love shack? Sounds like a sixties throw back. Let's go have our love in at your love shack.
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored

Sarah

I like The Oasis Retreat...a christian haven.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

The Lord is my banner

The Lord is my banner

BTW the acronym for Oasis Retreat A Christian Haven is "ORACH" - which is a form of spinach that has been eaten for thousands of years, if anyone cares LOL! 

Sarah

Quote from: The Lord is my banner on August 19, 2008, 04:58:16 am
BTW the acronym for Oasis Retreat A Christian Haven is "ORACH" - which is a form of spinach that has been eaten for thousands of years, if anyone cares LOL! 

Thank you for that little bit of trivia, I would have never know that.  Is it just in the UK that you can find it?

sharonl

Quote from: Sarah on August 18, 2008, 09:51:07 pm
I like The Oasis Retreat...a christian haven.

Yeah!!! - I like this one.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

The Lord is my banner

I'd heard of it before, but couldn't think where - I actually thought it must be a biblical herb or something but couldn't find it in the concordance so I googled it and there it was, a leafy food plant.  I must have seen it in a recipe or maybe a gardening book.  I have this thing with words, once I see them they just stick in my head even if I don't know what they mean LOL!

The Lord is my banner

Oh noooo!!!

I knew something wasn't "sitting right" with this.  I suddenly remembered where I'd heard this name - we had a sci-fi space series, think it was the eighties, called Blakes 7.

Orac (no H) was there computer!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake's_7

(Don't let that put you off - I still love the idea for the forum name!)

Pete

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

The Lord is my banner

Sarah

Quote from: The Lord is my banner on August 19, 2008, 02:41:37 pm

Excellent!

TORCH!  :D  How appropriate!

That's Awesome!  I really like that!  :dance:

flaglady

flaglady

flaglady

The Lord is my banner

Quote from: Pete on August 19, 2008, 02:36:08 pm
Well, oasisretreat.com is taken, but theoasisretreat.com is free....

So how about  .... The Oasis Retreat - Christian Haven as the forum name, theoasisretreat.com for the address, and when in a hurry and not wanting to use the full name, we could refer to the forum by the acronym TORCH and shine our little lights?

flaglady

I think theoasisretreat at first glance looks like "theo asis retreat"