• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 13, 2019, 07:29:59 am

Bill's Coffee House (Or Tea)

Started by bill16652, May 27, 2010, 10:14:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bill16652

Quote from: sharonl on May 31, 2010, 08:56:47 am
Bill - not as glamorous as it seems - we lived on the coast for 11 years - our backyard was a canal to the ocean.

Waterpipes always rusting out - storms always around, mesquitoes made us hermits, humidity always bad, sinuses always acting up, salt water ruins the boats, snakes bad, salt in the air just destroys paint, but to wake up to the beautiful sun rise or watch the beautiful sunset is wonderful.
Amen I love the ocean and while there may be bad there is also much good, like fresh crabs right off the boats.  Used to buy them 16 dollars a bushel, that was a long time ago.  I love the sunsets, the action of the waves,  I miss it.

bill16652

Quote from: sharonl on May 31, 2010, 09:02:06 am
My heart is very sad today to watch the military in harms way and the announcement that the 1,000th military was killed this week - and I think for what? - Those people hate us and all they want to do is kill us and take over our country.

Yes, they may have a little bit more freedom there, but as soon as we pull out - it will go right back the way they were - and when I see our men and women suffering through all the hardships and look at the way our government is taking our country downhill - my heart hurts.

Sorry, but my heart is with our military and the suffering they are going through, while our government lies, cheats and steals with what seems no regard to our men and women in harms way.
I hear you Sharon, and yes, my heart is for them as well.  It is their sacrifices that have made this country free.  I believe that each generation has young men that have had to stand up to defend it and while some recent wars may not have been just I am proud of the ones who did their duty.

Sapphireangel7

OH OH!! Yay...a coffee shop!! Right up my alley. Sits at the table with my Bible, pen and an iced coffee...yum yum!  HEY everyone!

Neph

Just dropping in to say hello.  :)

I've been weaning myself off of all internet message boards but that doesn't mean I don't think of you all every once in a while. Many of you are in my prayers as well.
God's NOT mad at you!! . . . . .NO matter what!

Sapphireangel7

I hear ya Neph...I am too slowly.

DianeL

Quote from: Neph on June 01, 2010, 04:24:49 pm
Just dropping in to say hello.  :)

I've been weaning myself off of all internet message boards but that doesn't mean I don't think of you all every once in a while. Many of you are in my prayers as well.

You are in my prayers too :hug:

You were one of the people at CF I admired the most.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

bill16652

Thank you Neph.  I pray that you will visit here once in a while.

bill16652

I think today I will have sweet tea.  It is another hot one.  Got my garden completely planted now, cant wait for the to,matoes. 

Sapphireangel7

I LOVE tomatoes!! My favorites.  I will have an iced coffee please....it is warm here too.

DianeL

k, put the garden in on Monday, butternut squash (to make soup!), beefsteak tomatoes (2), roma tomatoes (2), potatoes, red pepper (2), yellow pepper (1), carrots, onions (1-lol) yellow and green beans, plus half the garden is raspberry bushes ..... c'mon hurry up and grow !! :)

I think I'll have a coffee now, just so's I can have one of the maple wafer thingies to eat with it :)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

bill16652

Quote from: DianeL on June 02, 2010, 02:19:37 pm
k, put the garden in on Monday, butternut squash (to make soup!), beefsteak tomatoes (2), roma tomatoes (2), potatoes, red pepper (2), yellow pepper (1), carrots, onions (1-lol) yellow and green beans, plus half the garden is raspberry bushes ..... c'mon hurry up and grow !! :)

I think I'll have a coffee now, just so's I can have one of the maple wafer thingies to eat with it :)
lol yes they are good.  Sounds like you have a big garden as well.  I have 24 tomato plants, had 600 onions, down to about 500 now I will let them mature, zuchinni squash 5, bush cucumbers 5, 18 green pepper plants, 18 hungarian pepper plants, pump[kin 3.

bill16652

Quote from: Sapphireangel7 on June 02, 2010, 01:42:21 pm
I LOVE tomatoes!! My favorites.  I will have an iced coffee please....it is warm here too.
Here you go, I like it flavoired with hazelnut cream.  Tomatos fresh from the garden or a tomato and cheese sandwich, YUM!

Sapphireangel7

Quote from: DianeL on June 02, 2010, 02:19:37 pm

*goes to DianeL's house!! I LOVE your garden....and the coffee and wafer thingy! :hugegrin:

Sapphireangel7

Quote from: bill16652 on June 02, 2010, 03:20:00 pm
Here you go, I like it flavoired with hazelnut cream.  Tomatos fresh from the garden or a tomato and cheese sandwich, YUM!

Then goes to Bills house!! OH a feast! :mrcool:

DianeL

I'm with you Sapphireangel7 - let's do the tour :)

DianeL

Quote from: bill16652 on June 02, 2010, 03:19:08 pm
lol yes they are good.  Sounds like you have a big garden as well.  I have 24 tomato plants, had 600 onions, down to about 500 now I will let them mature, zuchinni squash 5, bush cucumbers 5, 18 green pepper plants, 18 hungarian pepper plants, pump[kin 3.

You have hungarian pepper plants? I'll have to 'google' that ..... hmmmm...

Whad'ya do with the 100 onions? Inquiring minds need to know -  :hugegrin:

sharonl

We are eating squash, onions, cucumbers, raishes out of Tommy's garden - soon tomatoes will be ripe - we had one today - not quite ripe.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

bill16652

Quote from: DianeL on June 02, 2010, 06:23:12 pm

lol eat them as spring onions.  YUM! 

bill16652

Quote from: DianeL on June 02, 2010, 06:23:12 pm

Hungarian peppers are bananna pepppers

Sarah

I could use some Russian Tea right now....
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....