• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 22, 2019, 03:46:41 pm

Bill's Coffee House (Or Tea)

Started by bill16652, May 27, 2010, 10:14:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Foadle

but it is most of us Bill.  What are you currently standing your ground in Christ in?

I have not done this sort of thing until the past year (more to my shame) but by the leading of God I have written submission to our political leaders etc. regard the changing of Australian legislation to the acceptance of homosexual marriage.  I didn't base those submissions in scripture as these are frequently people who do not believe in a god of any sort, but that was still the foundation of my standing.  Rather I used statistical information of countries that have had it in place for longer and the issues that have ensued by doing so.

I suddenly find myself having to study out some core beliefs regarding family.  One example is that of contraception.  We are told to go forth and multiply, children are spoken of as a gift from God etc.  Yet when I look at the concepts of family planning and contraception as used in the world children are seen as something that will interfere with the life you want, you should limit the number of children as much as possible etc.  Now these are concepts up to now that i have had no problems with but as I study them out I realise that they are not only not biblical they are against biblical teaching.  From that point of view am I going to be open about my beliefs on that?  and in that I am being very greatly challenged.  Even to voice them here in a Christian environment I am admittedly more concerned about being torn down by others than I am the principles of God and all the time I have that concern how can I truly allow his light to shine?

bill16652

Wow Foadle I am really proud of you and ashamed of me for I do not take those kind of stands unless asked which I will then and have.  Mostly I am not out a lot so am not challenged in this way often.  But it is clear that the path is narrow and the way straight and at least to me it seems to be saying that many will not make it.  I pray I am wrong in this but I have trouble connecting those who love me will obey me, shining forth rather than hiding, church like a fortress that they hide in rather than reach out, I just dont think many will actually make it.

Foadle

Unfortunately no.  And unfortunately also I feel that even the little bit of a stand I am starting to take is nothing to what God is wanting me to do; but it is a start.

But as you can see from above it is no one area.  There is so much.  It is part of the reason why I started the thread in the deeper fellowship regarding how people put biblical truths into their family.  I haven't had any reply on it yet but I am really feeling challenged to look at what the Bible says about family (and through default life in general).  I don't have a family of my own.  I can only hope that God will give me one but even this study has brought up things that I am challenged to change not just what I think about them but how I behave.

The example of contraception is but one - but I can't do anything about that.  I have no husband and never have.  But there are other challenges.  God has given us all things for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3) So yesterday (and I do need to look into this more but at the same time I have to act on my understanding at this time) I read in Gen 1 that God gave as all the plants for food. After the flood he also gave us the animals.  I am feeling rather challenged to eat as little processed food as  possible - why look outside what God has provided.  As I say only something that came up yesterday so I haven't studied it out fully.

And when you look at our processed foods frequently there is so much in them that you couldn't classify as food.  Even if they don't contain flavourings, colourings and preservatives they have this that and the other number, emulsifiers etc.  So until I look into it more I need to change my diet.  It is an ongoing process

bill16652

If you look at plants you might also want to look at the health aspects as well.  They are natures health plan.

Foadle

Absolutely...fully agree with you there.

bill16652

I have a book on medicinal plants and one on edible plants that are specific to this area.  You might want to find something like that for where you are.

Foadle

I read a lot of this stuff on the net.  I'm always researching stuff.  Also I want to get hold of a book my mum has had for years (or permanently borrow from here ;)) a book she had called Back to Eden which was looking at what the properties of certain plants are and then another section on what foods/herbs to eat with certain symptoms.
I am fully in agreement with the motto live to eat and eat to live.  My experiences over the past 15mths in how just taking meat out of my diet has improved my mental well being (and I am  not saying that everyone should do this) has shown me to a greater degree how much even basic dietary changes can impact on all aspects of well being.  I have tried going back on the meat but this weekend had to conclude that really my body doesn't deal well with it.
I think there is more to say for what God has created then he is ever given credit for.

bill16652

I agree and the book you mentioned I saw years ago and am pretty sure you might find it on Amazon or something like that