• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
October 21, 2019, 12:34:13 pm

"It might be shingles"

Started by flaglady, May 22, 2010, 10:18:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flaglady

Just what I didn't want to hear today. Couple of days ago I became aware of a swelling behind my ear. Had a really bad night as every time I turned on to my side, it hurt and woke me up. Yesterday I had to resort to pain killers which had almost no effect! This morning I woke feeling like my neck was about to burst!

So I went to see the doc who made that pronouncement followed by "It's either that or mastoiditis"! Gee thanks - think I'd much rather not have either of those!

Came away with a prescription for antibiotics on a BSTS basis (better safe than sorry) and another for antiviral stuff to be taken when/if the rash breaks out.

So not only am I feeling grotty, work booked for the next two weeks is in jeopardy. I had plans for that money as I also discovered yesterday that my boiler needs replacing! *sigh* £3k to be found from somewhere!

I think the old story about counting ones chickens comes to mind!!

On a happier note, apart from a couple of migraines, this is the first time I've been unwell since I had my knee done March last year, so haven't really got much to complain about. Know of people in a lot worse state than I am right now.

Sarah

I had shingles when Nate was like 2 years old.  It was horrible.  I never want to go through it again. 
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Hisgirl

Oh dear!  I hear that is so painful!  HOWEVER...God is in the pain killin' business.   :)   Let's speak to your pain receptacles and tell them to stop firing!  I wish you lived down the road Jo....we could get after this stuff on a weekly basis and have lunch to boot!  Keep us informed..
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

flaglady

Thanks girls. I'm actually feeling even more grotty tonight. Kind of sicky and my neck hurts worse than ever.

And it's so hot!

DianeL

How awful, I'm praying for your speedy recovery. Plenty of rest for you. :)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Foadle

Quote from: flaglady on May 22, 2010, 10:18:06 am
Just what I didn't want to hear today. Couple of days ago I became aware of a swelling behind my ear. Had a really bad night as every time I turned on to my side, it hurt and woke me up. Yesterday I had to resort to pain killers which had almost no effect! This morning I woke feeling like my neck was about to burst!

So I went to see the doc who made that pronouncement followed by "It's either that or mastoiditis"! Gee thanks - think I'd much rather not have either of those!

Came away with a prescription for antibiotics on a BSTS basis (better safe than sorry) and another for antiviral stuff to be taken when/if the rash breaks out.

So not only am I feeling grotty, work booked for the next two weeks is in jeopardy. I had plans for that money as I also discovered yesterday that my boiler needs replacing! *sigh* £3k to be found from somewhere!

I think the old story about counting ones chickens comes to mind!!

On a happier note, apart from a couple of migraines, this is the first time I've been unwell since I had my knee done March last year, so haven't really got much to complain about. Know of people in a lot worse state than I am right now.

I don't mean any rudeness in anyway Jo but sickness is not from God plain and simple and so do not receive it in anyway.  You have everything to protest about.  The devil has broken the boundaries once again.  You are a child of God.  Stand your ground.

Father, I lift up to you your humble servent Jo and I thank you Father for the love you have for her.  I command in the mighty name of Jesus, that all works of evil be removed from off Jo's body.  You are encrouching on God's territory for Jo is a child of God and was bought devine life over 2000 years ago.  I place the angels of God around Jo to protect her in every area of life.  I pray the peace and wisdom of God over her mind.
Thank you Jesus.  Amen

flaglady

Oh thank you, Foadle. That was very uplifting!

Daughter of the King

God, we know that by your stripes we are healed and that Jesus gave us power and authority to heal all sickness and disease. So we speak now to the pain, swelling and possible infection in flaglady's body and command it to be gone in the name of Jesus. We speak healing, restoration and wholeness into her body now and we break any attack of the enemy on her life.
In Jesus name
amen

SOZO = salvation, healing, restoration, prosperity, freedom! PTL!

Renee

all I can add to the prayers given  is AMEN
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored

flaglady

Well, your prayers worked, folks, thank you! I felt ghastly yesterday - so much so I emailed my boss and told her I wouldn't be able to honour my commitments this week. But this morning, I leaped from my bed as one reborn! Feel heaps better and the gland is down to a tiny bump just achy, no longer painful. So I rang her and said forget my email, I am working!

Thank you all

And thank You God, for Your mercy and love.

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....