September 27, 2020, 05:42:36 am

Time

Started by Sarah, August 19, 2007, 07:43:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

I have found out recently that time doesn't have a hold on me the way it used to.  I wore a watch and was really stressed.  I complained about not having enough time to get things done.  I let it get a grip on me and it was a very controlling factor in my life.  In doing so there also became wrong expectations about God in my life.  He just wasn't doing things fast enough.  I'm not sure when the change started but it has been so freeing.  Getting a perspective on what's really important.  He has really opened my eyes to taking it one step at a time,  and also giving a little bit more of the unknown to Him.  I really cherish the important things so much more...my relationship with Him, my husband, my kids, the life He blessed me with. 
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Hisgirl

I like that Sarah!   I agree about letting go of the 'orchestrated time'.   Eat when you're hungry instead of watching the clock.  I find I only eat two meals a day.  Go to sleep when you're tired.  I find I go to bed much earlier.  It's a whole new way to live! 

Sounds like you're moving towards that 'childlike' kind of walk with God!    (ROFL!!!!  PETE!!  This smilie is HILARIOUS!!!)
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

flaglady

I think I got that several years ago, Sarah. One of the joys of being single! I had my first revelation on it when  I was leaving a multi-story car park with a really nasty turn into the exit ramp. There was about six cars leaving together. I was #2 and the front one was a really big bruiser of a car being driven by a woman. Well, she almost missed the turn, scraping her off-side bumper end against the wall. But when she tried to reverse off, the bumper was pulled off the front of the car and then, when she tried to go forward, it went under and locked the front wheel like a chock! For ages she kept going back and forth trying to extricate herself and finally I got out and told her what was wrong. She leapt out of her car and started (literally) running up and down, pulling at her hair and sobbing hysterically that her husband would kill her 'if' he ever found out!! Like he wouldn't ever find out!! LOL!

I realised then how fortunate I was - I had no-one to answer to but myself and could use my earnings and belongings as I wanted with no input from anyone else!! Same with going to bed and getting up. And now I'm retired I have no regime to conduct my life. No clock-watching, nothing!

[HIGHLIGHT=#ff0000]FREEDOM!![/HIGHLIGHT]

(Mind, not to say some days I wouldn't have liked a Dirk or Pete to come home to but sadly they're rare birds!!)

Pete

Did you just call me a bird?

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

flaglady

Bird of Paradise, tha knows - surely you're not complaining about that? I'm sure Sarah isn't!

geetrue

Is this the bar area?

When does happy hour start?

I sure would like to get happy.

I'm on a diet do ya'll have just
the center of the cinamon rolls
with extra icing, please?

Pete

It's always happy hour at RTech!

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

flaglady

Happy, happy, happy! Us little Christians is all happy!!

Sarah

Quote from: Pete on August 20, 2007, 11:50:07 pm
It's always happy hour at RTech!

Need any more wine w/ those cheesy smileys? 
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....