• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Sometimes, you just want to punch someone in the face (In Love, of course)...

Started by Pete, May 03, 2010, 03:35:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Be aware.  I am posting this in General Discussion purposely.  I do not care who reads what I am about to write.

Today, the topic was raised at CF whether it was appropriate for a man and a woman to be alone together, for counseling or whatever, and there were some people who said it was no big deal, and that we shouldn't be constrained by man-made "rules".  To that point, I posted the following;

Quote from: probinson
I'm not a big fan of "rules", but I am a big fan of "common sense".  ;)

I am a happily married man of almost 11 years with 2 incredible kids.    God has blessed me with an astounding wife.  There is ABSOLUTELY NO   REASON for me to visit the home of a single (or married) lady from my   church, from work, or from anywhere for that matter by myself.

It's absolute foolishness to think that you're the one exempt from   sensual temptation.  So why even put yourself in a situation where it   could be a problem?

It's simply not worth it to me.  I Love my wife and my kids far too much   to even place myself in a situation where something like that could   happen.

I don't avoid situations like that because I care what the nosy   neighbors think.  I do it because I Love my wife, I treasure our   relationship, and I would want to do NOTHING that could even POSSIBLY   jeopardize that which God has blessed me with.

:mrcool:

That was met with this response;

So the only thing keeping you from indulging in sensuality is avoiding the situation that might possibly lead to temptation?

Does your wife know that the only reason you don't cheat on her is because you're never alone with other women?

You may go read the thread in its entirety if you'd like here; http://www.christianforums.com/t7463320/

This is the kind of rudeness and idiocy that is killing CF.  It's not even so much about the WoF/non-WoF issue as it is about people being just plain rude and obnoxious.

Some days, I get down and my knees and pray;

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

bill16652

Your right Pete, I saw that over there, wonder what she does with the verse that tells us to avoid even the appearnance of evil.  That has nothing to do with temptation or what you may or may not do but rather with how someone in the world or sadly in the church could possibly view it.

Hisgirl

Pete, your points were well versed and made sense.  The best way to stay away from getting big by a snake is to not pick up a snake.   I think you have put up wise boundaries. 
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

Pete

Well, for the record, Tamara is reading this thread.  Smile and say cheese!   ;D   She just sent me a PM at CF and called me a "hypocrite", and said that I was "insult[ing]" and "malign[ing]" her to my "buddies" on my "private forum".  ::)

I've suspected for some time that some people from CF have been lurking here, and she just confirmed it for me.   ;)

In any event, I told her that I reported her to the CF advisers, and copied my response to her PM to the advisers as well.  Here's hoping the advisers actually do something to put an end to this nonsense in the "leadership" at CF.

O0

Pete

You want to know what I find incredibly amusing?

The title of this thread, as any educated, sane human being should be able to tell, uses a literary device called "hyperbole".  Obviously, I hope you all know that I would NEVER want to ACTUALLY punch ANYONE in the face because of something they said about me.  The title of the thread was simply meant to convey my frustration of the response using an "extravagant exaggeration".

This distinction, however, is apparently completely lost on Tamara, who seems to think that I actually do want to punch her in the face, as evidenced by this last PM;

Quote from: Partial PM from CF
...I can hardly believe that you think I'm the one in the wrong though you want to punch me in the face

O0

bill16652

Renee

Quote from: bill16652 on May 03, 2010, 04:38:29 pm
Perhaps she will now be removed from leadership.
ha good luck that's the type of leadership they want there. Which just makes it worse.
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored

pastorzzub

I don't know what to say.

Pete,

I cannot agree more with you about the common sense thing.  It is not just about avoiding temptation, it is about setting a good example for other people in the church, avoiding any opportunity for people to slander you and so on.  We have a few "rules" in our house about getting in cars one-to-one and in houses definitely.  I have kept my 14 year old son up at night if I know a lady is coming over for ministry and my wife is working. It is just plain good common sense.

Tamara,

Eavesdropping on other people's conversations like this one is not clever or bright.  Using that information to then have a go at Pete is really immature and has no fruit of the spirit whatsoever.  Are you on CF to build relationships and have friends or is it ALL about point scoring for you?  Seriously, just chill!

Bill - thanks for the intervene, but honestly look at CF - I don't care if I am back there are not.  Neph lovingly invited me to the General Theology section which was fun for a little while but SP needed a major overhaul of the highest order.  Maybe at the end of my three month ban, the WoF will have their own forum.  Maybe it shouldn't be called WoF but Positive Faith Christianity or Grace and Faith Christianity so that the non-WoF people who aren't anti-WoF people can join us... we set up a statement of faith that says "I love Todd Bentley" or something that will keep the naysayers far far away.

Blessings,
Ben

bill16652

Quote from: pastorzzub on May 03, 2010, 05:43:32 pm
I don't know what to say.

Pete,

I cannot agree more with you about the common sense thing.  It is not just about avoiding temptation, it is about setting a good example for other people in the church, avoiding any opportunity for people to slander you and so on.  We have a few "rules" in our house about getting in cars one-to-one and in houses definitely.  I have kept my 14 year old son up at night if I know a lady is coming over for ministry and my wife is working. It is just plain good common sense.

Tamara,

Eavesdropping on other people's conversations like this one is not clever or bright.  Using that information to then have a go at Pete is really immature and has no fruit of the spirit whatsoever.  Are you on CF to build relationships and have friends or is it ALL about point scoring for you?  Seriously, just chill!

Bill - thanks for the intervene, but honestly look at CF - I don't care if I am back there are not.  Neph lovingly invited me to the General Theology section which was fun for a little while but SP needed a major overhaul of the highest order.  Maybe at the end of my three month ban, the WoF will have their own forum.  Maybe it shouldn't be called WoF but Positive Faith Christianity or Grace and Faith Christianity so that the non-WoF people who aren't anti-WoF people can join us... we set up a statement of faith that says "I love Todd Bentley" or something that will keep the naysayers far far away.

Blessings,
Ben
This response and the thoughts behind it are exactly why we need you over there Zzub and I like your idea of a forum name like that providing it can be controlled to keep the two Jims off and any others that would disrupt the area.  BTW I think Jim B is also banned

JTM³

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

Pete

I received responses from 2 of the CF advisers, who have already deleted some of Tamara's posts from that thread for review, and they have assured me that the Administrators that she reports to will be in contact with me soon.

I'll keep you updated as this unfolds further, but I won't go into all the gory details, out of respect for all involved parties.  I just hope that we can put an end to the unnecessary contentiousness, belittling and condescension.

O0

Pete

Quote from: JTM³ on May 03, 2010, 06:12:55 pm
What do you mean by 'standard' TCP/IP?

Versus IPsec or HTTPS or FTPS? ;)

You silly so-and-so.  It's all good as long as I can punch someone as a result.   :P

Because I'm, like, the quintessential punch-you-in-the-face kinda guy.  Any new and highly technological way to punch people in the face is welcome advancement by me.   ;D

O0

JTM³

Quote from: Pete on May 03, 2010, 06:18:48 pm

You silly so-and-so.  It's all good as long as I can punch someone as a result.   :P

ROFL

:hilarious:

Because I'm, like, the quintessential punch-you-in-the-face kinda guy.  Any new and highly technological way to punch people in the face is welcome advancement by me.   ;D

O0

You have been watching entirely too much 24. O0

[spoiler]

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

[/spoiler]

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Renee

K sorry but my sock just had something to say in this matter.  :hugegrin:
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored

JTM³

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

JTM³

Quote from: Foadle on May 03, 2010, 07:22:36 pm
So what is the feelings you guys have on the actual debate that was brough up in CF?

Trout smackin' time! :hugegrin:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Pete

In other news, this thread has garnered over 70 views in the 5 hours since it was posted!  That's gotta be a new record for most "guest" viewers in the shortest time period!   ;)

O0

LittleRocketBoy

Common sense.

You just do not do that. Just like you never be alone with a young child.

Since this verse does not explain away healing, they do not know it:

1Th 5:22
22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.

You do not do that to your wife. I love my wife dearly and I would never torture her in such a manner. I would not give the devil such grounds for doubt.

The nonsense spouted over there makes me wonder. Who are these people???

They are the result of public education...

LittleRocketBoy

Take care brother Pete... we are talking about some very vindictive and ill intentioned people here. I have gotten some bad vibes. Take care and interceed. There are some obsessed people there with some giant egos and serious "issues." No fear... just take care.

It is at times like this that we see the difference betwen the sheep and the wolves. Remain innocent and wise.