• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 17, 2019, 08:32:20 pm

Wisdom

Started by Foadle, May 03, 2010, 06:10:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Foadle

We are told that wisdom is the principal thing (prov 4:7).  So what then is wisdom really?  So often we hear it bandied around as being akin to knowledge and understanding, yet wisdom is far greater than either of these.  True wisdom which is of God is that ability to know what to do in a situation.  This is why when Solomon asked for wisdom he got everything else (riches, victory over enemies etc) because wisdom was able to guide him into these things.

Just a question for thought: how much do you seek wisdom?

JTM³

Quote from: Foadle on May 03, 2010, 06:10:29 am
Just a question for thought: how much do you seek wisdom?

Probably not enough.. :hugegrin: :shifty:

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

DianeL

A good place to start :)

Proverbs 9:10 " The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,  And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Daughter of the King

I think intimacy with God is the key. Seeking to know more of God will lead us into a closer realtionship with him where we have a deeper and more natural knowledge of who He is and how he would have us behave in any situation. Don't think it's necessarily something we can do for ourselves.

SOZO = salvation, healing, restoration, prosperity, freedom! PTL!

Foadle

I would say it is definately not something we can do for ourselves.  However we have in us the spirit of wisdom so we need to rely on that spirit of wisdom (the Holy Spirit) so much more