October 31, 2020, 11:59:26 am

What to say

Started by sharonl, April 26, 2010, 10:12:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sharonl

My best friend who is 65 - got the diagnosis of breast cancer in both breasts.

She is scheduled for surgery first part of next week. - She belongs to a church where the faith is very strong - strong in prophesy and Words of Knowledge  and healing.

She has talked to a couple members and they are telling her they don't think she is suppose to have surgery and that they feel she will receive a miracle.

She thinks she should wait because she says she don't have peace about it.

When she asks me what I thought - I told her I would never give an opinion on something as serious as that and unless she received a direct Word from God - I would pay attention to what the doctors are saying -

She says don't you take God at His Word? - I said yes, but I believe that God can heal through doctors also.

She says God is doing this for a reason - I told her that God didn't have anything to do with this and that He would turn bad for good - and she says that God could stop it if He wanted, so therefore He must have something in mind for allowing it.

What to say?
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

Rachel Faith

God also gave us doctors in whom He has placed a passion for His people in to perform miracles through. They don't know what form the miracle will take. Who are they to say that the miracle won't occur during the surgery to draw one of the doctors or nurses closer to Jesus?
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

jiminpa

I can see both sides. I don't have much trust in doctors, but I would have a hard time telling someone to trust another human being's word from God that far.
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

Foadle

There are a couple of things that may help.  First of all Luke was a doctor.  Yet he wrote one of the four gospels and Acts.  There is no disbelief in being treated by a doctor.

Secondly to blame God or to even say that he allows bad stuff to happen to us is to say that God abuses His kids, especially if said thing would cause death.  If I strung anyone (child or adult) up by the neck on the nearest tree to "teach them something" I would be imprissoned.  Do we then dare to say that God's justice and judgment are less than man's?

John 10:10 The thief commeth but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it more abudantly.  This is a good benchmark for what is of God and what is not.  If it brings abundant life it is God.  If it brings loss, death or destruction it is of the enemy.

Ultimately though she is the one that needs to make the decision

pastorzzub

Tell her to do what she has peace with.

flaglady

I'm with Zub but I get uneasy when someone is depending on what other people say rather than what God has said to them Himself. Depends upon the person telling you that, I suppose. If it were a trusted person known to give words of discernment, maybe, but if it is  just another bod from the church ..... hmmm .... not so sure.

DianeL

I pray she receives peace about this very big decision.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

sharonl

Thanks so much to all of you - I did tell her to not pay any attention to anyone until she had total peace about it.

Don't know her decision as yet - she was going to wait a couple of weeks. Very scary and anything I say she says I don't take God at His Word.

Thanks again - there is only so much we can do in a situation like this.

lovesblessing

Maybe it would help you to think about it this way, Miss Sharon.....she is in a win-win situation.....by whatever choice she makes, she will either be healed and be able to give God the glory for His goodness to her, or she will be going home to heaven sooner.....where we all want to be!  ;)   See, it's a win-win!  :hugegrin:
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Foadle

That is true LB.  And to be honest Sharon, by what you have said it sounds as though she has already made up her mind.

Wordsmith

April 27, 2010, 09:45:10 pm #10 Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 02:31:55 am by Wordsmith
I believe that Jesus will meet you where your faith lies. It is according to YOUR faith. If you have faith that Jesus will be with you and guide the doctors then that is where He will meet your faith. I have problems with anyone that tells another person not to have surgery, especially since faith is a gift and it comes by the Word of God. How would they know where a persons level of belief is? It's amazing why anyone that hasn't had some confirmation themselves of what another person is saying, would put themselves at risk like that. Personally I have never been given a Word, without some sort of confirmation coming from different ways that sealed it.
Be as loving as the Truth allows, even if it's
mis-interpreted,
because everyone  you meet is fighting
some kind of battle.

Foadle

Daughter of the King

Your friend needs to have peace about her decision and make it for herself regardless of other people's opinions.  Will pray she knows God's peace whatever she decides.

SOZO = salvation, healing, restoration, prosperity, freedom! PTL!

sharonl

Thanks so much all - each comment is in line with my beliefs and I have stated all these to her - she is in God's hands.

I'll let you know what happens.