• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
October 23, 2019, 07:11:31 pm

Please pray....

Started by AudioArtist, August 05, 2008, 07:04:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AudioArtist

Hello! I've been very stupid and wasted days on some 'charismatic' forum. I don't know it happened - I just got addicted, and did have good motives initially; to learn, to help out, to share. Well, maybe it wasn't a waste, because one or two people were blessed by my posts, but I certainly wasn't blessed by the experience!

It is my suspicion that many forums are charismatic in all but name. If forum members did move in the gifts of the Spirit, I think there would be much more of a focus on the wonderful things God is doing, because when He moves through you, it is far more exciting than some silly con-man sprouting prosperity gospel baloney! Seriously, I know there is a need to expose false teaching, but some places and some posters focus EXCLUSIVELY on Satan's ability to deceive and nothing is said at all of the goodness of God... 90% of posts at that place were about false revival this, false revival that, false manifestations, how false Todd Bentley is....

Seriously, if you could pray for me I'd appreciate it. I know I've been through much worse on the outside, but spending fruitless hours on that forum really did something bad to something precious God was beginning in me. It was my fault for doing it, but now it's done, the effects are there.

Hisgirl

Robert, just take it to God and ask Him to restore the good seed that was put there.  The enemy comes to snatch away the seed sown on the good soil...and a snake pit forum can do just that.  Repent, tell the Lord you want to preserve what He gave you, forgive those who are double minded and move on.  You haven't lost what you had.  STAY AWAY FROM THOSE PLACES THAT DEFILE THE WORD OF THE LORD.  Brad (9-iron) told me he stopped going when he read a verse in the Bible that talks about not having divisive arguments regarding theology.  Can't remember the verse, but he realized some forums do just that.

Spend your time in light, life-giving places.  Love you, miss you and will pray for you.
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

8 iron

Hisgirl is spot on. Look for things that bring life. Be it, relationships, fellowship with other believers or what have you. CF got to where it wasn't life-giving anymore. In fact, the enemy used CF and all the garbage on there to torment me mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I would to bed many a nights so mad and frustrated. Then I'd slip into judgment which put me further in bondage.

One day I said ENOUGH. I've stayed away from that place for over a year now. My mind, soul and spirit are much, much healthier.....

flyingsum0

August 05, 2008, 12:15:37 pm #3 Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 12:27:02 pm by flyingsum0
On the other hand many people have learned a lot and have helped others at CF.  To each his own though, you can learn just as much and help just as much here at this forum.  Some people like crowds others like the safety of small numbers, it all comes down to you and where God call you to be.

God wants me to interact with as many people as possible to share his greatness so that what I do. 

Both these forums make me smile and I do my best to make others smile which I know makes Jesus smile...in the end that's why I come to these places in the first place :)  This is why God invented fellowship.

O yeah and Im always praying for you and everyone on this forum :)

8 iron

Sum,

About 4 years ago, CF was one of the most edifying places you ever imagine. It was great and I logged on a dozen times a day. Not sure where it went down hill, but once it started, in my opinion it never stopped. If you enjoy it now, you would've loved it back then. But, like you mentioned, I've always preferred, smaller more intimate settings.

flaglady

Was great, that's for sure! Then the mods came!!

Oh no! flaglady and prob! We spoiled it all!

Hisgirl

It really was fun back then. Sumo...a bunch of us spent the better part of four years at CF.  That's a long time, I suppose.   The first couple of years it was great, then like a bunch of brothers and sisters on vacation driving across country in the sweaty back seat of a station wagon, we began to find ourselves scrapping and fighting and getting on one another's nerves.  I guess everything has a season.  CF has been wonderful for me as I'm made some amazing christian friends....many of whom have visited...Sue, Robert, Lael.   

Lots of ministry has been done too.  However, for me, the main season has passed and though I peek in and occassionally post, I won't be returning in full participation like I once did.  I think I got just under 5000 posts. 
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

flyingsum0

Quote from: Hisgirl on August 05, 2008, 07:50:02 pm
It really was fun back then. Sumo...a bunch of us spent the better part of four years at CF.  That's a long time, I suppose.   The first couple of years it was great, then like a bunch of brothers and sisters on vacation driving across country in the sweaty back seat of a station wagon, we began to find ourselves scrapping and fighting and getting on one another's nerves.  I guess everything has a season.  CF has been wonderful for me as I'm made some amazing christian friends....many of whom have visited...Sue, Robert, Lael.   

Lots of ministry has been done too.  However, for me, the main season has passed and though I peek in and occassionally post, I won't be returning in full participation like I once did.  I think I got just under 5000 posts. 

Its like that at CF for me now at least (minus a couple staff related issues ) lol

I feel bad that you guys don't have that at CF anymore, but at least you got this forum now!
God leads us to different places...that's why He's so awesome!

DianeL

Quote from: AudioArtist on August 05, 2008, 07:04:41 am
Hello! I've been very stupid and wasted days on some 'charismatic' forum. I don't know it happened - I just got addicted, and did have good motives initially; to learn, to help out, to share. Well, maybe it wasn't a waste, because one or two people were blessed by my posts, but I certainly wasn't blessed by the experience!

It is my suspicion that many forums are charismatic in all but name. If forum members did move in the gifts of the Spirit, I think there would be much more of a focus on the wonderful things God is doing, because when He moves through you, it is far more exciting than some silly con-man sprouting prosperity gospel baloney! Seriously, I know there is a need to expose false teaching, but some places and some posters focus EXCLUSIVELY on Satan's ability to deceive and nothing is said at all of the goodness of God... 90% of posts at that place were about false revival this, false revival that, false manifestations, how false Todd Bentley is....

Seriously, if you could pray for me I'd appreciate it. I know I've been through much worse on the outside, but spending fruitless hours on that forum really did something bad to something precious God was beginning in me. It was my fault for doing it, but now it's done, the effects are there.

Hi there, just joined so I'm unsure how to post here, so I'm using the 'quote' option.  It has also come to a point where I need a change myself, I found that I was participating less and less on another forum due to the constant strife. It was wonderful to hear of this site and am looking forward to read ops and learn how to navigate this forum.

Hello everyone, nice to see some familiar posters.  I hope I can be a blessing here, learn a few things and enjoy everyone's company while discussing how good God is.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Pete

Hi Diane!  Welcome to our little world!  Let me know if you need any help navigating around.

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

flaglady

Diane! Greetings in the name of Jesus! I hope you'll find yourself richly blessed here.

sharonl

August 10, 2008, 12:09:46 pm #11 Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 12:55:57 pm by sharonl
Hi Diane - Welcome - join the best up and coming forum -

Robert - the enemy will always try to draw you away from the hand of Jesus - just lean on that still small voice of the Holy Spirit and you won't be led into something that will harm your faith.

You will learn to know that voice and the minute something is presented to you - your spirit will jump up and be very uneasy.

I became acquainted with several friends - their every moment was spent serving Jesus, talking about Jesus, prophesying, saying God told me this and God told me that - until I became very uneasy and wondered why I didn't hear from God - they could not talk to you without saying God told me to tell you this and that - I finally woke up and said - if God wants me to hear it - He will tell me - one even went so far as to say I don't read the Bible anymore - I became the Word - WOW!!!! that was an eye opener - I finally realized that something was wrong there.

YOu hear people say that the enemy will never point you to Jesus - well I learned if the enemy can make you believe in the wrong things - he will teach about Jesus - but there will always be an uneasyness in your spirit until you come about face and see what is really going on.

Just ask the Holy Spirit which is right and which is wrong and put the ones behind you that you don't feel a cofirmation from the Holy Spirit on - you will be fine and come out stronger.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

DianeL

Thank you for the warm greetings

Hi MissConStru and Pete, Sharonl

As for an up and coming forum - I love being part of Breaker Teams and I believe this is one of them.

Sharonl, your comment of  "You hear people say that the enemy will never point you to Jesus - well I learned if the enemy can make you believe in the wrong things - he will teach about Jesus - but there will always be an uneasyness in your spirit until you come about face and see what is really going on."

really struck a cord with me, I hope you don't mind if I quote it occassionally IRL. 
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

sharonl

Quote from: DianeL on August 10, 2008, 03:58:45 pm
Thank you for the warm greetings

Hi MissConStru and Pete, Sharonl

As for an up and coming forum - I love being part of Breaker Teams and I believe this is one of them.

Sharonl, your comment of  "You hear people say that the enemy will never point you to Jesus - well I learned if the enemy can make you believe in the wrong things - he will teach about Jesus - but there will always be an uneasyness in your spirit until you come about face and see what is really going on."

really struck a cord with me, I hope you don't mind if I quote it occassionally IRL. 

Sure Diane - there has been a lot of people deceived over this. But God tells us that even the elect will be deceived. We always have to be tuned into that still small voice.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com