• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 22, 2019, 11:08:58 am

My little garden 2

Started by Sarah, April 07, 2010, 05:39:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flaglady

Aw, petal! Love you too! Did take some photos but computer wouldn't let me get them loaded. Kept saying scratch disk was full. A search got me onto a defrag and that's been running about 8 hours thus far! Tomorrow perhaps!

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

bill16652

My onions are out, a lot of them.  Tons of green peppers and tomatos are really coming on now.  I am blessed!

Sarah

Yep.  Gardens are really wonderful. 

Are you (or your wife  ;) ) canning anything this year?

flaglady

Update on the garden:

Broad beans

Beetroot - not too many as most of the seeds failed to germinate. And   though the tops look good, the beets in the ground are tiny!

Lots of purple sprouting broccoli for next spring! Yum yum!
This will all need to be thinned out eventually especially where there's a whole patch (by the tree trunk) of young plants. The seeds from the first sowing had been removed by birds or something so I sowed some more but when I opened the packet, I spilled the contents so I have a dense growth of young plants! When the peas and beans are done on the other side of the path, I shall transplant them there. Though it may not work as PS broccoli doesn't like having its roots disturbed.

My soft fruit! They're a bit small to be seen on this photo so I pointed   them out for you!
Green is a pink desert gooseberry
  Red is a blackcurrant bush
  Blue are raspberries - four of them!

This was my dinner yesterday!  Eaten with a nice roast chicken! (no, not ALL of them!)

Sarah

Your beans are doing really well.

I wish I could do broccoli like you but there isn't enough space in my yard.  Yours looks like it's very happy.

Thanks for showing us!  Were your cats busy?  Not being camera hams this time.... ;)

Foadle

you must all be just about up to the eating stage now.  How is it all going?

Sarah

My 5,000 post woot!

My tomatoes and green beans are really good.  My second crop of green peppers aren't quite ready but maybe next week.

Foadle

your making my mouth water.  There is nothing like fresh vegies

flaglady

In a minute I shall be going down the garden to collect some more beans to have with a couple of lovely chump chops (lamb leg steaks).

Foadle

Yummy.  hoped you enjoyed it