• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 22, 2019, 03:48:47 pm

ZEAL without KNOWLEDGE

Started by bobznew, March 02, 2010, 12:02:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bobznew

Dangerous stuff.  'Nuff said.

JTM³




[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

Foadle

Are you referring to something in particular?

DavidMcClean

Quote from: bobznew on March 02, 2010, 12:02:12 am
Dangerous stuff.  'Nuff said.


I agree - I've met a number of very dangerous people with more zeal in their little finger than I have in my whole being, but they have such far out flaky and unscriptural ideas that it is bordering on complete deception.

DianeL

34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

JediKep

Quote from: bobznew on March 02, 2010, 12:02:12 am
Dangerous stuff.  'Nuff said.


I was reading in Isaiah 59 which made mention of several pieces of the armor of God and added a few that Ephesians didn't mention. One of those was the cloak of zeal.

This cloak many young Christians put on willingly. In my case, I put on the cloak of zeal and essentially started 'streaking' into everyone's life. I had my cloak on, but none of the other required armor. I hurt alot of friends that way and regret it terribly. There was nothing wrong with my zeal, but my lack of common sense mixed with it made for some bad, bad events.

Too bad God didn't put out a 'shock collar of common sense' that we could all put on. If we make a wrong move ZAP! I imagine we'd learn things alot faster!

bobznew

Quote from: Foadle on March 02, 2010, 04:31:06 am
Are you referring to something in particular?


I'm sorry, it was late at night and I saw something over on CF that kinda bothered me.  I guess it reminded me of myself when I was "younger" spiritually, LOL.  Once upon a time, it was nothing for me to go off "half-cocked" about my beliefs, where I stood on "issues", etc.  All I can do is thank God that He is patient with us as we go through our individual processes of maturity and growth. 

In retrospect, I might have done well to not post anything here about it at all, since I had no intention of drawing attention to the posts on CF I was taking issue with.  That's the problem with posting at night for me.  That "filter" that exists between the brain and the fingertips -- the one that usually prevents us from typing things that are silly, ambiguous, contentious, or otherwise without any noticeable substance -- seems to stop working for me late at night.  LOL


bobznew

Quote from: JediKep on March 02, 2010, 06:30:20 am

I was reading in Isaiah 59 which made mention of several pieces of the armor of God and added a few that Ephesians didn't mention. One of those was the cloak of zeal.

This cloak many young Christians put on willingly. In my case, I put on the cloak of zeal and essentially started 'streaking' into everyone's life. I had my cloak on, but none of the other required armor. I hurt alot of friends that way and regret it terribly. There was nothing wrong with my zeal, but my lack of common sense mixed with it made for some bad, bad events.

Too bad God didn't put out a 'shock collar of common sense' that we could all put on. If we make a wrong move ZAP! I imagine we'd learn things alot faster!


The shock collar of common sense.  Oh my goodness, that's great!!!   :2thumbs:

But I'd probably have burn scars around my neck by this point!!   :speechless:

JediKep

Quote from: bobznew on March 02, 2010, 08:27:43 am

The shock collar of common sense.  Oh my goodness, that's great!!!   :2thumbs:

But I'd probably have burn scars around my neck by this point!!   :speechless:


I certainly would. :banghead:

Foadle

Quote from: bobznew on March 02, 2010, 08:25:10 am

That's the problem with posting at night for me.  That "filter" that exists between the brain and the fingertips -- the one that usually prevents us from typing things that are silly, ambiguous, contentious, or otherwise without any noticeable substance -- seems to stop working for me late at night.  LOL


I think we all experience that at some time ... I am sure my filter just decides to go walk about sometimes.