• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
October 21, 2019, 12:13:15 pm

You Reap What You Sow

Started by Leah, February 24, 2010, 07:26:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah

I just wanted to share something with ya'll from Galatians 6:7-8.

God is helping me to realize that what I say, do, and even think matters. Sometimes I think we don't realize just how important our words are and just as we reap a harvest based on what we've done, the same is true for what we say. And even our thoughts can make a difference in the quality of our lives. Wrong thoughts lead to wrong actions/words and likewise, right thoughts (not only agreeing with God's Word, but understanding it) leads to right actions.

Sowing and reaping isn't just limited to financial things. It also has to do with what we say, what we do, and what we think. Proverbs 18:20-21 says that from the fruit of the mouth one's stomach is satisfied and the yeild of the lips brings satisfaction; death and life are in the power of the tongue and those who love it will eat its fruit. My understanding of this is that whether we like it or not, our harvest is based on what we say. So, whenever something out of the ordinary happens to me, I ask myself "is someone else sowing or am I reaping?"

As far as the mind goes, I believe Ecclesiates 5:1, Colossians 3:2, Philippians 4:8 speak well of how important it is to focus on godly things and not let your mind wander off and think anything it desires. Again, your harvest can be based on negative or positive thinking. This is one of the things I'm working on myself and let me tell you, its not easy. But by the grace of God, I can win the battle of the mind and have authority over my thoughts. You can, too.

One of the things I'm learning is that while it is true that it is the truth and only the truth (not logic, reasoning, philospophy, theology, or any kind of 'ology'') that sets us free, it is equally true that understanding truth is what sets and keeps us free. Hosea 4:6 says that people perish because they lack knowledge.

Sowing and reaping, in all reality, applies to everything in your life. I encourage you to let your thoughts be centered on the Word of God and ask Him to help you understand what you read in it. In this way, you can bear fruit to God and live your life in victory. Why? Because you understand what you're doing.

Now, I know there are things that we will never understand, as God's way aren't ours. But when it comes to sowing and reaping, that has to do with each and every one of us personally. Therefore, that is something we can, and have the priviledge, of understanding. Let's not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.  O0
The apostasy is the falling away of what God has ordained and falling away from truth.

Sarah

:goodpost: Thank you for reminding me. 
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....