• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 01:15:04 am

Love is...

Started by Pete, October 25, 2009, 09:11:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Today, my pastor said this in his sermon;

Love is giving someone what they need the most when they deserve it the least at great personal expense.

I thought that was a pretty powerful revelation.  What do you think?

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Foadle

That makes you think.  It reminds me of one I heard years ago:

Love that goes up is worship
Love that goes out is adoration
Love that goes down is grace
Love that is convenient isn't

I don't know about you guys but I find for myself that sometimes it is so easy to fall into the trap of trying to love through convenience and it really doesn't work.  It is obvious to everyone.

DianeL

That is powerful Pete, now if I could just do it. (I'm learning)

I have realized that without power and love of God infused in these situations, it's impossible.

When I do a painting for someone, and Holy Spirit inspires a scripture to go with it, I've realized that God just keeps giving and loving that person regardless of what I think  :hugegrin:  if that person deserves it or has earned it. It's amazing to see and it's happened each time.

I guess what I'm saying is that God is my model, because I could not learn as much from watching most people on how they show love. (If that makes sense) and God did it at a very great expense by sending His Son as a sacrifice.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

lovesblessing

That statement beautifully illustrates the grace of God towards us, when He gave us Jesus.....to die for us in our place........that's just how Love Is!  ;)
Faith is having a good opinion of God!