• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
February 20, 2020, 08:03:53 pm

Tithing/Giving?

Started by JTM³, September 01, 2009, 12:54:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JTM³

Is there any point in tithing on CHRISTMAS money? ;D

By definition tithing is supposed to be from first fruits right, i.e. the first of our wages, so I'm not sure it makes sense to give from money that I was given and didn't earn. :shifty:

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

Floatingaxe

It is up to you, friend.

Many people give of all of their increase. Ask God and he will impress on you what He wishes for you to do.

DianeL

Let's say for instance someone gives you the money to purchase a laptop at $700 taxes in. Do you tithe on it? Then you come up short to purchase the laptop, but if you don't, you can use the laptop to bless others.

I agree with FA, ask God.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Foadle

God is always your answer.  If you have no peace about not tithing on it you need to tithe on it.  If you have peace about not tithing on it then don't.  The questions comes down to, Where is your faith at?  What is pleasing to God?  We know that Without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb. 11:6)
and Romans 14:24b says for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.  So from that point of view it is your faith and your relationship with God that sets the benchmark.

As far as where tithes come from do not get them confused with your first fruits.  Deuteronomy 14:22 states that the is on "all the increase of your seed"  So what is your seed?

It is distinguishing in this situation whether what you have been given is seed for sowing or is it harvest for reaping.  God will tell you.

IKTCA

I believe Matthew 23:23 is the Lord's instruction on tithing. He said there are weightier matters than tithing. It is honorable that you put thoughts in this matter. But I suggest that you take your thoughts off of this, and stay in the course with daily devotion. If you have to make a decision now, do it either way.

Foadle

Jesus said that the tithe should not have been left undone while doing the weightier matters.  Tithing is still important but it is more important where our heart is.  Are we loving God and are we loving people?