December 17, 2018, 05:14:57 AM

HGO Members' Spiritual Gifts

Started by DianeL, August 10, 2009, 06:23:05 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Sarah

OMG!  That is so exciting!  I can't wait to see.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

DianeL

We had such a grrrrreat time! My sister took some photos, so here they are,

[smg id=685]

[smg id=686]

[smg id=687]

[smg id=688]

[smg id=689]

[smg id=690]

[smg id=691]

[smg id=692]

[smg id=693]

Here is the story about the painting that I told my pastor,

When I asked God what He wanted to say last evening I believe He showed me a golden bowl, falling from Heaven to Earth, filled with fire and smoke.

You probably already know what I'm going to say :)

When I asked Him more about this, He reminded me of Rev 5, the golden bowl filled with the incense of the prayers of the saints

This painting is not the censer, but the bowl of the prayers of the saints for this region filled with His fire, with lightnings and thunder.

So, the Court was in session and God judged in favour of the saints!

We have been praying for this region for a long time.

Next time, I will use acrylics to paint, it was almost impossible with water colours on an easel.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Pete

Very cool Diane!  Thanks for posting the pics!

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

LittleRocketBoy

One aspect of my gifting is that I occasionly have dreams and visions of the millenium and heaven. I have seen pictures of the world as it will be in the future. I have seen images of heaven and earth. I wish I were a good painter. If I were I would try to paint the images... But the greatest artist ever born could never put on canvas some of these things I have seen in the spirit.

DianeL

That is amazing LittleRocketBoy, even for myself, I wish I had a inside camera or movie projector just to snap what He shows me.  I can't do it real justice either :)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Child of JC

Quote from: DianeL on August 11, 2009, 11:53:16 AM
Well, I've just returned from giving Joh the Rose of Sharon watercolour painting. It was amazing!

What I didn't know is that in her office, she has a picture of a deciduous (sp) tree barren in a winter setting.  She said she stares at that picture often and says, "I know Lord, there is life there, even in the winter", she said trees mean alot to her. We talked and cried together.

Who are you speaking of? Trees mean a lot to me too. I know her heart exactly in the above winter tree quote. Did you give a painting class? I goggled "Joh the Rose of Sharon watercolour painting" but nothing came up. Does this person have tree painting that I can view?
♥ Created to Love and be Loved ♥

DianeL

Hi Child of JC

Trees are often spoken about in the Bible (of course we all know that) and are symbolic of nature, life, people and nations.

I have a Dictionary of biblical Imagery with multiple verse quotes.

"Salvation history begins and ends with references to symbolic trees even including the cross. "

There is too much information for me to type it all in here.  :(

Here's the painting, it's not fancy as I was learning watercolour painting.
[smg id=437]

I am facilitating a prophetic painting class this spring at my church, it should be fun! I've improved quite a bit since that painting, but it's not about the painting, this is just a point of contact to hear what the heart of God is saying to this person, and always follows the basic prophetic principle of encouragement, edification and comfort.

I absolutely love doing this !

Child of JC

I would love to give a prophetic painting class at my church someday. Do you focus on painting technique or on the prophetic? I feel comfortable enough with the prophetic to teach on it, and I think my painting technique would improve if I did it more. What guidelines do you give to someone who wants to move in this gift? Any cautions?
Most people would attend a class before giving one, but that's not always an option in small northern communities.

Do you know of any prophetic art conferences in Southern Ontario? I would definitely travel for a weekend thing to learn. I've looked online for something like that, but was never successful. We don't hear about what's available, unless it's a TACF event.

DianeL

In this particular venue, focus on the prophetic (hearing the heart of God) is key.

For my particular story, I purchase an $8 water colour set from Giant Tiger because I wanted to play around and didn't have the money for the high end stuff. Needing a focus to paint, somehow I asked God what He thought about my pastor, and a picture dropped down in my mind, when I started to paint it, more came (like inthe book of Daniel), then I asked Him for a scripture following basic prophetic guidelines of edification, comfort and exhortation. I do not present correction in any form - ever !

When I brought the painting to my pastor along with the scripture pasted on the back of the canvas, it was tested, judged and accepted - it was so amazing!

I ended up painting for all the leadership (Joh included) and they were all tested (as in the bible), then my pastor cut me loose on the church.

Though my paintings were elementary, the impact of God's heart touching their heart is something I'll never forget, roughly 33 painting later.

During this, also asked God about people I knew and people I didn't know (in church) and people I was upset with, He showed me HIS heart for all of them through the painting and the scripture verse for each one, boy, I learned alot there.

There was a lady I didn't know at all at church, my sister mentioned she had talked about another painting I did so I said to my sister - do you think she wants a painting? - she thought yes, so I asked God about her and started to sit down and paint. 

I took it over to her one sunday at church, she had big tears, the ship on the painting was part of a word she had received many years ago, I was stunned and we both cried.  It seems when you are painting and the heart of God is revealed you can't help either to feel it and compassion just wells up in you.  We are friends now. I have cried over all the prophetic paintings I have done.

And as a note, my painting skills have improved tremendously though it isn't as satisfying as being part of playing the smallest role in watching people being encouraged and identifying that God knows what's going on in their lives and it has brought an intimacy for me with God as well.

So, my painting class will not be on painting much at all, as well, I'll be bringing other tools for the class, such as pastels, crayons, etc... but to fine tune believers in hearing the heart of God for His people.

If you want to give it a go, you can try this as well, and you can give a class yourself when you feel comfortable. Get your first ones tested by the leadership (biblical), if that isn't available to you, then try it on family or close friends. They should be able to identify with the painting and scripture.

I don't know of any prophetic painting classes given anywhere, I'm in southeast ontario near ottawa. So, let's break new ground :)

Child of JC

WOW! Thanks for you testimony. I could definitely start there. My biggest passion is to know God and help others know Him. I function in Music, but LOVE color. I like using music too, don't get me wrong, but LOVE color   :hugegrin:
Yip, I'm just going to do it.

Go Up