December 17, 2018, 05:08:17 AM

HGO Members' Spiritual Gifts

Started by DianeL, August 10, 2009, 06:23:05 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

DianeL

Quote from: flaglady on August 15, 2009, 03:54:00 PM
That's very expressive, Diane. I love it.

Painting or embroidery?

Watercolor paint, the idea of an embroidery is compelling :)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Stronginhim

These are great, the Spirit has given some of you very special gifts.

I love the idea of prophetic painting. Painting is not really one of my things, though I could persevere and learn; I make greetings cards. They are hand drawn or anything artistic like that, but I do give them to charities/church to sell and raise money, and also obviously to people who need prayer/cheering up.

I often pray as I make them, especially if I am making a card for aomeone in particular, because then I find I am focussing on them and their needs.
I have to be honest and admit that if I am making a large number of general cards - no particular destination, just because, I don't always remeber to do this.

I could try and post a picture here, but don't know if it will work.

Recently I came across a book on Prayer Shawl ministry. Does anyone here do this, or been on the receiving end? It's really grabbed my attention and I am determined to learn to knit. The idea of giving someone something tangible such as a shawl, card, piece of jewellry or other small handmade gift that has been made with prayer, and is a reminder that a person is loved and prayed for; really appeals.

I am also trying to put together a website, which will celebrate all things creative, but also argue that they are themselves a Ministry, rather than just a hobby or, in the case of dance, drama, flags, something used occasionally to enhance worship.

If anyone would be willing for me to put one of their paintings/poems etc on this website, I'd love to do so. Or if you have a site of your own and would like me to add it as a link, I'll be happy to do so.

DianeL

August 31, 2009, 04:30:32 PM #42 Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 04:43:19 PM by DianeL
Greeting cards - I like that!

Prayer shawl sounds so cool, prophetic jewellery too! 

Pete posted super easy steps to post on this site. Have a look on page one, of course, he was helping me .. :)

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Floatingaxe

I posted this elsewhere in the forum, but it was a painting that the Lord placed in my heart to do, entitled, "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made"

DianeL

Absolutely amazing FA, you are talented!

Truth

September 04, 2009, 12:10:46 AM #45 Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 01:28:14 AM by Truth
When I'm worshipping or hear a song  many times I hear scriptures. These are the scriptures I heard when I was listening to your song Pete in post #28. I don't have the references to them at the moment but will find them for you if you wish. If there are any that you  or someone don't know how it related to the song, let me know which ones and I'll explain.

Quote from: Pete on August 12, 2009, 11:04:38 AM

This first song is called My Everything.  This is one of the very first songs I wrote.  It talks about how Jesus is everything to me.

In you presence is fullness of joy

All the earth shall worship you and shall sing to you and sing to your name   

My flesh longeth for thee

Love the Lord with all heart, mind, and strength

I will sing unto the Lord

There is none beside me. I am the LORD and there is none else

My hope is in You

I love you with an everylasting love

The Lord if the strength of my life God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and love

Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord

I will sing unto the Lord

Confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord[/]

Who left the air conditioner on in heaven?

Truth

September 04, 2009, 01:13:41 AM #46 Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 12:07:57 PM by Truth
The Lord sometimes speak to me through a picture, and sometimes to speak to  others.
I don't know all the aspects this painter was conveying, but when I prayerfully look at it, this is what I see--

[smg id=471 type=full]

There is  an open heaven and the rays of Gods glory is shining out. We may see clouds building up on the horizon but don't despair. The Spirit of glory has filled us, His vessels, with the oil of His anointing.  As we, the containers of His Spirit and glory,  let it overflow, it will  break the yoke of many as is flows down the pathway to all those who come in contact with it.     

Whereever you go
Let the anointing flow--
to heal the hurting
break the bondages
and refresh God's people
Who left the air conditioner on in heaven?

Sarah

Diane, I was looking in the Gallery and I saw your picture called Prophetic art.  I was wondering if you could explain it to me.  Thank you!
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

DianeL

Hey Sarah, which one? I think I called them all prophetic art - laugh

Sarah

It's the last one you posted in the gallery.

Foadle

These are just amazing.  Like even the word WOW does not go far enough

DianeL

This one is so cool. There is a man at church who for years has walked around the city praying. He is one of the nicest people I know and his wife too. He also oversees the healing team.

I was thinking of him and I kept hearing 'steps', before you know it, this painting comes out and when I reached the top of the mountain, I kept getting the impression 'higher'.

The verse from Luke states to go and preach the gospel, heal the sick and take nothing with you is attached to this painting.

Did you notice how the steps seem to create a half heart. This man has captured God's heart. Oh, I could cry.

He absolutely loved it when I gave it to him and has it at his office.  He asked me to write down the interpretation.

I had alot of fun doing this.

[smg id=466]

Sarah

WOW!  Thank you for explaining.

Is that a fire at the top of the steps?

DianeL

Actually it's my clumsy picture of God. John states in Rev that he had the appearance of Jasper (brown and white) and Sardis Stone (orange and deep red). Hard to paint God  :hugegrin:

Sarah

Thanks a lot.  Now I can see what you painted with understanding instead of guessing.  ;D

Preacherchick99

Wow these are amazing!

Looking at some of these pictures you can just feel the anointing coming out of them...Wow I have never experienced that before from a painting :] But I know that God does use ppl with artistic talents. The Lord once told me to draw a picture back when I was a teenager :]

Anyway--I dunno if I can post the spiritual gift that the Lord has given me...All I can tell you is that the Lord will give me songs sometimes. And I also have the gift of healing--Whether it be laying hands on the sick, praying over the telephone, and even over the internet through posts [I had a friend who had poison ivy on another gaming forum I visit. I prayed for her over the forum and posted it as she was going to bed. She woke up the very next day unaware that I had prayed for her with her face COMPLETELY clear! (Cuz she had poison ivy on her face >.<) Everyone was asking her what sort of miracle cream she used but she told them it was God :D].

The Lord told me that He has given me the gift of healing and that I will be a healing evangelist so if you need prayer for healing--Please do not hesitate to ask me for prayer :] I just wanna be used by the Lord and not sit on my gifts ya know? :]

<3 everyone! :D
I was wrong. Forgive me :[ <3

DianeL

[smg id=552]

If the Son sets you free, then you are free indeed.

I painted this over the weekend. I just love it.

The crown of thorns - renewing of our mind.
The whip - by His stripes we are healed.
The spear - water and blood (cleansing blood and river of life)
His red robe - left earthly kingdom for His heavenly kingdom.

All the golden hearts are people who have come to the Cross.

Just love it.

The Lord is my banner

[CENTER][LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Navy]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT][/CENTER]

Sarah

I think that this one is my favorite.  :hugegrin:

Pete

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Go Up