December 16, 2018, 10:31:36 AM

HGO Members' Spiritual Gifts

Started by DianeL, August 10, 2009, 06:23:05 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

DianeL

August 10, 2009, 06:23:05 PM Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 03:29:23 PM by Pete
[admin] This thread originally began as a discussion and display of prophetic paintings. As I read the thread and saw the paintings, I thought of this passage from 1 Corinthians 12 in the Message Bible; ...God's various gifts are handed out everywhere; but they all originate in God's Spirit. God's various ministries are carried out everywhere; but they all originate in God's Spirit. God's various expressions of power are in action everywhere; but God himself is behind it all. Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people! The variety is wonderful... The variety is wonderful! That's what this thread is for. Post what God gives you! Paintings, writings, poems, songs, whatever God gives you, please share it with us all here! [/admin]

Have any of you ever tried this [prophetic painting]?

I've seen it on-line as well as a woman from our mother church painted one for a member, it was amazing!

Anyhow, I paint a little and thought perhaps one day I'd give it a try.  Well, I was at a bargain store a couple of weeks ago and there was a water colour paint set on sale - really discounted, so I thought I'll buy it.

I had a couple of old canvases from way back, I used to do oil paintings (just dabbling but won a prize at a fall fair a few years ago), so I painted them white to use them again.

I wasn't certain how this was done so I just asked God what He thought about my church and city, this beautiful picture of a huge well with fire gushing out of it covering my church and city, my city's nickname is Corn-well.  He also gave me a scripture for it out of Isaiah.

Then,  I asked Him about what He thought about my pastor, another beautiful picture came out. I said to God, this is for my pastor, I need a scripture, so He gave me one out of 1 Samuel.

I took a deep breath, emailed the executive assistant at church and said I had a gift for my pastor. I went on Thursday just a little nervous.

Needless to say, they received my paintings and we talked alot, my pastor was going to do a series on Holy Spirit and revival and he actually had tears in his eyes along with his assistant when I gave him his painting. 

It was amazing and a wonderful moment I was glad to be a part of.

My pastor asked me next time we have a worship/healing service on a Saturday nite, he wants to set me up with my paints there and paint. I'm a little nervous on that but I've been practicing my painting at home.

I felt God said, don't try to paint, let Me paint through you. You know, it's true, when I've tried (while practicing), it doesn't come out right.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Hisgirl

We do it in our church.  Some of the more artistic folks paint the most amazing pictures....and the painting will be finished by the end of our worship hour too, amazing!

I took a prophetic art class during ministry school and we learned to ask God for a picture.  it was really fun!  We would think of someone and ask God for something that would be significant for them...and the pictures would come.  I've seen some of the most stunning pictures.  Oooh!   I'll show you one that my daughter's fiance did!   Lemme figure out how! 
"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

DianeL

Wow, you have prophetic art classes available, that sounds like fun!

And you're so right, a couple of days ago, I asked God about the executive assistant and I felt He said "Rose", then "Rose of Sharon blooming", so I asked Him what about it, well, I felt He said "Blooming in the winter!" Wow. Well, I had to paint it - in water colour.

I asked Him for a scripture and felt impressed on 2 Cor 2:14-15

"Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing."

I'm going to give it to her this week and see what she thinks.

BTW, I'd love to see the picture your daughter's fiance did.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Sarah

I'd love to see the one you did!  I think it's so neat but my artistic ability isn't any farther than stick figures.  :doh:
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Pete

Very cool!

I'd love to see all of the paintings you've done!

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

bill16652

That is amazing!  I would love to see some as I have never even heard of this before.

Hisgirl

"It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."  My Mama

DianeL

Woahh, do you see that? I think I could quote at least 50 scriptures in here. wow!

DianeL

Well, I've just returned from giving Joh the Rose of Sharon watercolour painting. It was amazing!

What I didn't know is that in her office, she has a picture of a deciduous (sp) tree barren in a winter setting.  She said she stares at that picture often and says, "I know Lord, there is life there, even in the winter", she said trees mean alot to her. We talked and cried together.

Sarah

Dana I can't even begin to tell you how beautiful and moving that painting is. 

Diane that is so awesome!
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Hisgirl

Austin, my daughter's fiance, did that.  He said it's God holding his heart and out of his heart flows water, which represents his way.  The stars are coming out of the water represent his glory and he is showing his heart (show me your heart, show me your way, show me your glory...and it all leads back to his heart).  The two different hands represent everyone he loves.

Next comes the painting my daughter did.   :)

Hisgirl

Hisgirl

This is the one Anna did.  She said it was people worshipping calling down the glory of the Lord which was ushered in by His Holy Spirit.   The next one I'll post is one a friend did.  She said it was someone pouring themself out for the Lord like the alabaster jar story.

Hisgirl

sharonl

Amazing - how beautiful.

That is how the Lord gives me the poems - I will see someone that I am praying for and God will just give me the poem and it fits that person perfectly.

On my website there are stories about how the poems came about and people's lives were changed. You might enjoy some of the stories - I am not a poet and cannot do it - they are prayers for people.  Check out some of the stories http://diamondsfromheaven.com
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/]http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/[/URL]
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

Pete

This is awesome!

I think maybe I'll sticky this thread, so people can share their gifts with the rest of the forum!

Feel free to post your paintings, music, writing, whatever God has given you.

O0

Floatingaxe

Quote from: DianeL on August 10, 2009, 06:23:05 PM
Have any of you ever tried this?

I've seen it on-line as well as a woman from our mother church painted one for a member, it was amazing!

Anyhow, I paint a little and thought perhaps one day I'd give it a try.  Well, I was at a bargain store a couple of weeks ago and there was a water colour paint set on sale - really discounted, so I thought I'll buy it.

I had a couple of old canvases from way back, I used to do oil paintings (just dabbling but won a prize at a fall fair a few years ago), so I painted them white to use them again.

I wasn't certain how this was done so I just asked God what He thought about my church and city, this beautiful picture of a huge well with fire gushing out of it covering my church and city, my city's nickname is Corn-well.  He also gave me a scripture for it out of Isaiah.

Then,  I asked Him about what He thought about my pastor, another beautiful picture came out. I said to God, this is for my pastor, I need a scripture, so He gave me one out of 1 Samuel.

I took a deep breath, emailed the executive assistant at church and said I had a gift for my pastor. I went on Thursday just a little nervous.

Needless to say, they received my paintings and we talked alot, my pastor was going to do a series on Holy Spirit and revival and he actually had tears in his eyes along with his assistant when I gave him his painting. 

It was amazing and a wonderful moment I was glad to be a part of.

My pastor asked me next time we have a worship/healing service on a Saturday nite, he wants to set me up with my paints there and paint. I'm a little nervous on that but I've been practicing my painting at home.

I felt God said, don't try to paint, let Me paint through you. You know, it's true, when I've tried (while practicing), it doesn't come out right.

I have been inspired by the Holy Spirit more than a couple times to paint something which spoke to people and actually caused weeping.

I know that this is a way that the Lord wishes to use many, and I believe he is calling me to this area as well!
You are doing very well in it!

I am thinking I need to begin using pastels rather than paint and I am going to try it, since I haven't used that medium in many years.

DianeL

Hey Pete, I took a picture of the paintings I took to Joh today, as well, she asked me to do one for the pastor's wife, which I did this aft since I'm off work for the week. I don't have a way yet to post them here.

If I email them to you, would you post them, please?

DianeL

Quote from: Pete on August 11, 2009, 03:35:16 PM
This is awesome!

I think maybe I'll sticky this thread, so people can share their gifts with the rest of the forum!

Feel free to post your paintings, music, writing, whatever God has given you.

O0

Aren't we a gifted group ; paintings, poems, music, cheesy jokes, pastels, computer graphics, gardeners, computer whizzes, etc..... :hugegrin:

Pete

Quote from: DianeL on August 11, 2009, 05:24:39 PM
Hey Pete, I took a picture of the paintings I took to Joh today, as well, she asked me to do one for the pastor's wife, which I did this aft since I'm off work for the week. I don't have a way yet to post them here.

If I email them to you, would you post them, please?

Sure, I'll post them for you.

But you can do it yourself.  If you want to learn how, here's a tutorial;

http://www.hisgraceoasis.com/index.php?topic=2368.0

If not, send them to pete.robinson@hisgraceoasis.com and I'll get them posted for you.

O0

Go Up