• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Episcopal Bishop says personal salvation is heresy!

Started by Truth, July 11, 2009, 01:53:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth

:jawdrop:

Its easy to see someone who refuses to  believe an individual can be saved and be right with God,  would not be saved  themselves  :speechless:  Thats just religion.

http://www.americananglican.org/general-convention-day-1-report-from-the-aac/

Floatingaxe

Quote from: Truth on July 11, 2009, 01:53:26 am
:jawdrop:

Its easy to see someone who refuses to  believe an individual can be saved and be right with God,  would not be saved  themselves  :speechless:  Thats just religion.

http://www.americananglican.org/general-convention-day-1-report-from-the-aac/[/]

UN-BE-LIEVABLE!!!

DianeL

"That individualist focus is a form of idolatry, for it puts me and my words in the place that only God can occupy, at the center of existence, as the ground of all being. That heresy is one reason for the theme of this Convention."

Seems she twisted (equates) personal salvation to doctrine from 'new age' philosophy (sic)
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Alpine

another report from the dead bones convention...
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

flaglady

Supplanter

This is a troubling theme that I have encountered lately. I outright refused to communicate with a friend of mine unless he can accept that at any point he talks to me, I will only proclaim the truth and nothing else, because his soul is in danger. I will not make small talk with him, because he has confessed that even though Christ is his savior that he is going to be the one to choose what he will do in his life, even if God wants something different for him, because he only became a Christian to make his own life better, and that no one can really know if they are saved, but there is more than one way to get to heaven anyway, and you will only go to hell if you are wicked, and that I must not get many converts because I say that Christ is the only way to heaven and that although He is a God of love and mercy, He is also righteous and just and that before Him all men are deceitfully wicked.

And he says that according to "my" standards (Biblical standards as I've tried to explain to him), most people who are "Christians" won't even be saved, and I should be more open-minded and listen what other people believe, because it is like I don't even believe in salvation or forgiveness.

Ok, rant over, this article just triggered it. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Truth

Supplanter

Don't compromise, but continue  to speak the truth in love.

The Bible says in Romans 10:9-10 to confess that He is your LORD, that means He is Lord of your life and all you do. He's in the driver's seat. So you have to really mean in your heart that He's your Lord or its just lip service. Jesus said, why do you call me Lord , Lord, and not do what I say?  and also that everyone who says Lord Lord, will not enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the  Father's will ( Lk. 6:48, Matt. 7:21).
We become A Christian by recieving Jesus because we want a relationship with HIM, not just what He can do for us, (like fire insurance) and not want to please Him.

If a person is saved  they will be wanting to tell people they got saved, not saying they can't know.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags.....

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

Jesus said "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me" ( Jn. 5:30).

Romans 11:22
Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Matthew 7:13
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it

Sorry if I got too carried away. I'm sure you know all this ( your reply triggered it  :hugegrin: ) but maybe some who are just reading this  may not know the scriptural proof for these things     

Supplanter

Amen Truth! (I love that that is a pun in this context.  :hugegrin: ) And thank you for those scripture references. I am going to copy and past them and send them to him, or save them until we chat again, so I can give him the exact scripture references to everything I have told him.

I sent him an article today on the "accommodating gospel." I've never had to speak to anyone like I speak to him about Christ. Usually, I can just ease into these things with a softness, but I think that is because I am usually dealing with unbelievers . . .they have not professed to believe in Christ. However, in this case, he has made a vocal confession, but feel that it is unnecessary to continue confession with his life. He is utterly offended by the gospel and the cross, and as much as I want to at times, God will not release em to just cut this guy loose.

Truth

I don't know if you could tell, but I really quoted yours and answered each statement, then erased yours  ;)
LOL

The Bible says the gospel is an offense to some, but believers are NOT offended by that; we LOVE the gospel and the cross!
This is a strong word but 1 Peter 2 says

7Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, 8And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

and there are other verses also