December 16, 2018, 09:56:47 AM

The Semi-Annual HGO Pledge Drive

Started by Pete, July 04, 2009, 03:44:01 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Pete

Greetings fellow forum members!

It's time once again for our semi-annual pledge drive to pay for the operating costs HGO.  Every 6 months, my web host gets this crazy idea that I should pay them for the use of their servers and bandwidth.  The cost for running HGO is $49.95 for 6 months.  This cost also covers my other site, rtechsupport.com.

For those of you that have been here for a while, you may have realized (or in this case, not realized  ;) ) that HGO is one of the VERY few sites on the Internet that contains absolutely 0 advertising.  That's because I believe that the site should stay focused on its purpose and vision without any external distractions.

As such, I had one of two options in funding the costs.  The first option was for me to pay for all operating costs, which I did for a while.  However, while $49.95 is not an extremely large sum of money, it is an extra expense that I really could do without.

So, I had this brilliant idea that I would ask my members to make a one-time donation to fund the site.  At the time, I believe we had about 75 members, so my thought was that if only 10 of those people would make a one-time donation of $5.00, the bill would be paid and that way it wouldn't be a large burden on any one person.  Much to my delight, people were happy to donate, and even much more than I thought they would!

You may recall that in this last 6 months, HGO was able to help one of the HGO families in need by raising over $300 to give to them by holding an afghan raffle (donated by an anonymous HGO member).  Making it even more amazing was the fact that the winner of the afghan willingly gave the afghan to another HGO member!  I am continually amazed at the kindness and generosity that is represented by the membership here.

I am humbled that God has chosen me to run this place, and I believe very strongly in the fellowship and ministry that is found here.  Everyone of you here has impacted my life, and I am so thankful for all of you.  You have spoken words of life to Sarah and I and you have been a tremendous blessing to us, as I hope we have been to you.

If HGO has been a blessing to you, I ask you to prayerfully consider supporting HGO.  I have 29 days before the bill is due, but typically, these things only last a few hours before we're fully funded!  If you would like to donate, please post your pledge in this thread, and once we reach the goal, I will PM you my PayPal information.

Thank you again.  I look forward to many more years of friendship, fellowship and ministry with all of you!

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

lovesblessing

Put me down for $25.00 on it's way Pete!  ;)
[COLOR=#7030a0][SIZE=5]Faith is having a good opinion of God! [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#7030a0][/COLOR][/FONT]
[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z258/lovesblessing/JESUS20LOVES20DOVE.jpg[/img]

Pete

Thanks LB!  Halfway there already!

O0

map4

Pete

flaglady

Pete

Floatingaxe

Pete

Quote from: Floatingaxe on July 05, 2009, 09:07:32 PM
I'll pledge $10!

Thanks Nancy!

And with that, this pledge drive comes to a close.

Thank you to all of you who supported.  Please watch for a PM from me with my PayPal details.

O0

flaglady

Pete

Thanks again lb, map, Jo and Nancy!

I just paid the bill, ensuring that the lights will be on here at HGO for another 6 months!   ;)

O0

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

DianeL

I missed it again. Pete, I'm very happy no advertising, I have seen on other sites (christian) advertising for psychic reading (in french even) on english sites. Thanks for that it's not here.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Pete

Have no fear.  We'll need more money in January!   ;)

O0

sharonl

Ooops - missed you this time - my choc chip cookies took too much time. Catch you in January.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/]http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/[/URL]
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

Go Up