• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 17, 2019, 08:54:53 pm

The Movie 2012

Started by Truth, June 20, 2009, 10:40:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth

June 20, 2009, 10:40:03 pm Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 11:10:24 pm by Truth
Its being said its based on prophecy. Don't believe it! Who's prophecy, that is the question. It's not God's. It's  based more on fortune telling and astrology, which God  said to have nothing to do with. And also the calender of the  Mayans, whose religious included  sacrificing humans, cutting  the heart out while they are alive. True prophecy is not based on calenders or a religion with such gruesome teachings as this. There may some points that are  an element of truth but the devil uses some truth and mixs it with error to decieve and causes many to go astray. I have heard too many Christians even, predicting 2012 the end of the world or the return of the Lord. NO ONE knows when that time will be.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/2012-roland-emmerich.html

Alpine

I've tried figuring out why the Mayans couldn't foresee their extinction.  ::)
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Truth

The point was their calender ended in 2012. I think 12-21-12, not sure. And because it does,  they erroneously think that meant that its the end of everything.   ::) 

My calender ends Jan 2010 and right now you may not find any later than  a few years past that. It doesn't mean thats the end. LOL There will probably be calenders made up ahead of time for dates AFTER the end, although we won't be here then.

Truth

Quote from: Alpine on June 20, 2009, 11:10:23 pm

Maybe they listened to the star gazers  ;D

JTM³

June 21, 2009, 12:16:13 am #4 Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:45:20 am by JTM3
Quote from: Truth on June 20, 2009, 10:40:03 pm
Its being said its based on prophecy. Don't believe it! Who's prophecy, that is the question. It's not God's. It's  based more on fortune telling and astrology, which God  said to have nothing to do with. And also the calender of the  Mayans, whose religious included  sacrificing humans, cutting  the heart out while they are alive. True prophecy is not based on calenders or a religion with such gruesome teachings as this. There may some points that are  an element of truth but the devil uses some truth and mixs it with error to decieve and causes many to go astray. I have heard too many Christians even, predicting 2012 the end of the world or the return of the Lord. NO ONE knows when that time will be.

[url=http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/2012-roland-emmerich.html]http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/2012-roland-emmerich.html[/url]

Well yeah, Mayan "prophecy."

You're not clear though; are they associating it with Biblical prophecy?

Quote from: Alpine on June 20, 2009, 11:10:23 pm

ROFL :hugegrin:

Quote from: Truth on June 20, 2009, 11:16:52 pm
The point was their calender ended in 2012. I think 12-21-12, not sure. And because it does,  they erroneously think that meant that its the end of everything.   ::) 

My calender ends Jan 2010 and right now you may not find any later than  a few years past that. It doesn't mean thats the end. LOL There will probably be calenders made up ahead of time for dates AFTER the end, although we won't be here then.

Its not that their calender "ends" per se, its that some 'long cycle' ends and starts over.

But I think they believed something dramatic always occurred then.

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

Truth

Some think it just ends, others think that's nonsense and will just start over.

Some people think 'prophecy' is true, whether it's Bible or not Bible. Like all those in the past who have made predictions. The problem is not everything they said came true. Even the devil can know when certain things can happen but He doesn't know all.

JTM³

Quote from: Truth on June 21, 2009, 12:18:49 am
Some think it just ends, others think that's nonsense and will just start over.

Oh, we'll that's just the impression I've gotten watching various History channel shows.

Sometimes they give you more than a partial picture, sometimes they don't. :shrug:

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

The Lord is my banner

Sign outside the fortune teller's tent:

"Closed today due to unforseen circumstances."

:shrug: