• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 22, 2019, 11:01:13 am

Dancing Cop

Started by Truth, June 20, 2009, 06:29:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth

Truth

Whoa what happened there? It showed up in the middle of the embedded link  :shifty:

Alpine

That's quite the attractive cop you got there....  :speechless:
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Truth

June 20, 2009, 06:54:59 pm #3 Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 09:02:52 pm by Truth
With all his jirations I don't know if I could follow his directions and I could be in trouble

Alpine

He looks like he's wrapped up in all that code.  :amen:
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Truth

OK Pete what was the problem?

Pete

Quote from: Truth on June 20, 2009, 08:55:54 pm
When Pete gets on he can tell me how to fix it but I'm not changing it now or no one can see what we're talking about. All I did was copy the embedded code like I did on the other thread and it worked ok.

HGO uses a really nifty add-on called AEVA (Auto-Embed Video and Audio) that is capable of recognizing and embedding video and audio from over 200 sites by simply posting the URL.  All you need to post to make that video show up embedded on HGO is this;

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5293505/13960804

You DO NOT need to copy the entire embed string.  AEVA takes care of all the embedding automatically.

O0

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Truth

Thats what I did yesterday and it didn't work with the URL but only the embedded one. Now this one did so I will never know which to use  :speechless:

Pete

Quote from: Truth on June 20, 2009, 09:09:35 pm
Thats what I did yesterday and it didn't work with the URL but only the embedded one. Now this one did so I will never know which to use  :speechless:

The video from yesterday was from a news article which ALREADY had the video embedded in the article, which is why simply copying and pasting the URL didn't work.  If you visit Yahoo Video, YouTube, MetaCafe, Dailymotion, imeem, last.fm, or any of the other 200 sites supported by the script, you can simply copy and paste the URL of the video you want to post.

ALWAYS copy and paste the URL.  If you do post the embed code, AEVA will try it's darndest to parse the URL and embed it anyway, but as you can see from the initial results in this thread, it doesn't always work all that well.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

flaglady