• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 01:14:44 am

The Glory Revealed in Us.

Started by Truth, June 13, 2009, 12:46:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Pete had mentioned the glory on another thread. Consider these verses. I'd say we do share in  His glory.

Exodus 34:35
And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone: and Moses put the vail upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him.

2 Thessalonians 2:14
Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1 Peter 5:1
The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed

1Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you

Several places in the Bible it  mentioned Solomon in all  his glory. Where did He get it? From God. And also Jacob.

DianeL

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Pete

That's definitely some good scripture!  I liked what you said in the other thread about God getting all the glory because we can do nothing in and of ourselves.  But when we do that and follow after Him, we can not help but share in His glory.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Truth

This one definately shows we will share in His glory.

Ephesians 5:27
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

And more:

Colossians 1:26
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory 

Isaiah 60:1
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. 2
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

Psalm 17:15
As for me, I will behold they face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied when I awake with thy  likeness