• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 17, 2019, 08:33:55 pm

Switch to Digital

Started by Truth, June 11, 2009, 10:03:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpine

No kidding! we were talking about digital TV when I was a senior in high school in 1993 - in my broadcasting class. We knew way back then! Originally the transition was going to be earlier then 2009!
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Truth

Pete
Does our old VHS recorder work with a digital TV? The channels work but I  haven't paid for  HD yet

Pete

Quote from: Truth on June 12, 2009, 10:28:38 pm
Pete
Does our old VHS recorder work with a digital TV? The channels work but I  haven't paid for  HD yet

You'll probably need to feed everything through a digital converter box BEFORE you hook it up to the VHS recorder, but then it should work.

In other news, people apparently still use VHS.  Who knew?   :P

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Truth

Quote from: Pete on June 12, 2009, 10:37:10 pm

You'll probably need to feed everything through a digital converter box BEFORE you hook it up to the VHS recorder, but then it should work.

In other news, people apparently still use VHS.  Who knew?   :P

O0

I got the new Digital TV so I wouldn't have to get a converter box.  So now I have to anyway to use the VHS ?  ::)

Pete

Quote from: Truth on June 12, 2009, 10:42:20 pm
I got the new Digital TV so I wouldn't have to get a converter box.  So now I have to anyway to use the VHS ?  ::)

It depends.

If you want to record to the VHS or play VHS tapes, you should be fine.  Where you could potentially run into a problem is if you try to use the tuner in the VCR, it's probably analog only.  As long as you use your TV to tune channels, you should be fine.

O0

Truth

Quote from: Pete on June 12, 2009, 10:46:18 pm

It depends.

If you want to record to the VHS or play VHS tapes, you should be fine.  Where you could potentially run into a problem is if you try to use the tuner in the VCR, it's probably analog only.  As long as you use your TV to tune channels, you should be fine.

O0

Its a RECORDER, not a player , I want to record the cable TV /Satellite when I'm not here or its useless. It's almost new, I have hardly used it. Its a 2 way combo VHS and CD and will  recorder both directions.

I do need to convert some tape to CD though,  no problem there.

lovesblessing

I have 3 VCR's and 2 dvd players......not counting the dvd players in my computers, of course...... :hugegrin:

Two of my VCR's actually have clocks that work and keep correct time too!  The newest one I ain't got it's clock figured out yet......so I just use it to play video tapes! 
;)
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Pete

Quote from: Truth on June 12, 2009, 11:02:08 pm
Its a RECORDER, not a player , I want to record the cable TV /Satellite when I'm not here or its useless. It's almost new, I have hardly used it. Its a 2 way combo VHS and CD and will  recorder both directions.

You SO need a DVR.  VHS recorders are so 1990's.   :P

O0

Alpine

Yeah! We've had a DVR since '02, and I can't remember TV before it. I am clueless what commercials run since then as I never watch them.
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....