• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 22, 2019, 10:39:48 am

Can police use GPS to spy?

Started by Truth, May 16, 2009, 01:03:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago  :(  

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2009/05/police-cant-track-your-car-with-gpsor-can-they.ars

One state says police can place a GPS unit on your car without your knowledge 


Alpine

Not to different then a wiretap though. And the guy was guilty so it worked.  :D
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Pete

Haven't you ever watched 24?  Jack Bauer could track you from the GPS signals in the car NEXT to you that bounce off the foil wrapper on the gum in your pocket!   :D

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Sarah

If they brought MacGyver back he would rival Jack, except without the guns.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

JTM³

Quote from: Pete on May 16, 2009, 10:48:16 am
Haven't you ever watched 24?  Jack Bauer could track you from the GPS signals in the car NEXT to you that bounce off the foil wrapper on the gum in your pocket!   :D

O0


LOLz ;D

So will wearing tin foil armor protect me from Jack's tracking skills? :D



[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

Pete

Quote from: JTM3 on May 16, 2009, 01:56:34 pm
LOLz ;D

So will wearing tin foil armor protect me from Jack's tracking skills? :D

Actually, it would probably make you more suceptible, since tin foil is a natural receptor of signals.

Remember this?



O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

JTM³




[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

Truth

Quote from: Sarah on May 16, 2009, 12:36:51 pm
If they brought MacGyver back he would rival Jack, except without the guns.


MacGyver is the best   :2thumbs:

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....