• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 22, 2019, 03:48:23 pm

Living hope

Started by IKTCA, May 14, 2009, 11:52:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IKTCA

Blessed be the God ...... who has begotten us ..... to a living hope......(1 Peter 1:3)

How true that I am birthed into a LIVING hope! Only a few days ago I had a time of total exhaustion. I fell before the Lord and asked him to end my life. I was too tired to think, for in every thought I had to battle against the enemy. But I am alive in thanksgiving! Only a while ago I took the bread and the cup, and worshiped the Lord Jesus.

Of this hope, Paul said, "I am on trial concerning the hope." And Abraham "hoped against hope," and became the ancestor of all believers. Paul had a time of exhaustion. So did Abraham. So did Elijah. But the LIVING hope carried them to the Promised Kingdom.

Faith, Hope, and Love abide. As hope abides, so shall I, in my Lord Jesus. Amen.

map4

This makes me think of Psalm 23...though we walk THROUGH the valley of the shadow of death.

Paul said we are running a race. Running a race can become tiresome.
But we look ahead to the prize! The wonderful thing about this race we are running is that WE ALL WIN!
We may fall and stumble on the way. But we can't stay down!
He is the glory and the lifter of our heads! I love that verse!

Praise God for His faithfulness, even when we aren't.
Thank God we can go to Him and find rest when we are weary!

Floatingaxe

Amen! My church is called Living Hope. I am always reminded of that.

Sarah

Quote from: map4 on May 15, 2009, 12:04:53 am
This makes me think of Psalm 23...though we walk THROUGH the valley of the shadow of death.

Paul said we are running a race. Running a race can become tiresome.
But we look ahead to the prize! The wonderful thing about this race we are running is that WE ALL WIN!
We may fall and stumble on the way. But we can't stay down!
He is the glory and the lifter of our heads! I love that verse!

Praise God for His faithfulness, even when we aren't.
Thank God we can go to Him and find rest when we are weary!

;)
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....