• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 01:14:10 am

Humble

Started by Sarah, May 06, 2009, 10:12:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

During the service tonight at church we were going over some scriptures and they really stuck in my mind.  They were so powerful.  I realized how much more I need to renew my mind to focus more on my Father than ever before. 

Philippians 2 (AMP)
1SO BY whatever [appeal to you there is in our mutual dwelling in Christ, by whatever] strengthening and consoling and encouraging [our relationship] in Him [affords], by whatever persuasive a]'>[a]incentive there is in love, by whatever participation in the [Holy] Spirit [we share], and by whatever depth of affection and compassionate sympathy,
    2Fill up and complete my joy by living in harmony and being of the same mind and one in purpose, having the same love, being in full accord and of one harmonious mind and intention.     3Do nothing from factional motives [through contentiousness, strife, selfishness, or for unworthy ends] or prompted by conceit and empty arrogance. Instead, in the true spirit of humility (lowliness of mind) let each regard the others as better than and superior to himself [thinking more highly of one another than you do of yourselves].     4Let each of you esteem and look upon and be concerned for not [merely] his own interests, but also each for the interests of others.     5Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:]     6Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [b]'>[b]possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not c]'>[c]think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped d]'>[d]or retained,     7But stripped Himself [of all privileges and e]'>[e]rightful dignity], so as to assume the guise of a servant (slave), in that He became like men and was born a human being.     8And after He had appeared in human form, He abased and humbled Himself [still further] and carried His obedience to the extreme of death, even the death of the cross!     9Therefore [because He stooped so low] God has highly exalted Him and has f]'>[f]freely bestowed on Him the name that is above every name,     10That in (at) the name of Jesus every knee g]'>[g]should (must) bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,     11And every tongue [h]'>[h]frankly and openly] confess and acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.     12Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, i]'>[i]with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ).     13[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while j]'>[j]effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and k]'>[k]delight.     14Do all things without grumbling and faultfinding and complaining [l]'>[l]against God] and m]'>[m]questioning and doubting [among yourselves],     15That you may show yourselves to be blameless and guiltless, innocent and uncontaminated, children of God without blemish (faultless, unrebukable) in the midst of a crooked and wicked generation [spiritually perverted and perverse], among whom you are seen as bright lights (stars or beacons shining out clearly) in the [dark] world,     16Holding out [to it] and offering [to all men] the Word of Life, so that in the day of Christ I may have something of which exultantly to rejoice and glory in that I did not run my race in vain or spend my labor to no purpose.

Ephesians 4 (AMP)
22Strip yourselves of your former nature [put off and discard your old unrenewed self] which characterized your previous manner of life and becomes corrupt through lusts and desires that spring from delusion;
    23And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude],     24And put on the new nature (the regenerate self) created in God's image, [Godlike] in true righteousness and holiness.     25Therefore, rejecting all falsity and being done now with it, let everyone express the truth with his neighbor, for we are all parts of one body and members one of another.B)'>(B)     26When angry, do not sin; do not ever let your wrath (your exasperation, your fury or indignation) last until the sun goes down.     27Leave no [such] room or foothold for the devil [give no opportunity to him].     28Let the thief steal no more, but rather let him be industrious, making an honest living with his own hands, so that he may be able to give to those in need.     29Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor) to those who hear it.     30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [do not offend or vex or sadden Him], by Whom you were sealed (marked, branded as God's own, secured) for the day of redemption (of final deliverance through Christ from evil and the consequences of sin).     31Let all bitterness and indignation and wrath (passion, rage, bad temper) and resentment (anger, animosity) and quarreling (brawling, clamor, contention) and slander (evil-speaking, abusive or blasphemous language) be banished from you, with all malice (spite, ill will, or baseness of any kind).     32And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave you.

This was like new awakening of my spirit as to how my actions and words need to change.  I so desire to be the vessel that naturally pours out my Father in everything I do and say. 

Right now it seems as if I'm on the edge,  the verge of something new ans exciting.  Somewhere I've never been before and a great opening up of a new dawn for me. 
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Truth

DianeL

Wonderful words. I'm still working on this, even if it takes my whole lifetime.  ^-^
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13