December 17, 2018, 05:18:45 AM

Praise Thread

Started by Sarah, May 06, 2009, 09:37:24 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Sarah

I think that this scripture was meant just for you today, SB. :godbless:

Psalm 30 (AMP)
1I WILL extol You, O Lord, for You have lifted me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me.
   2O Lord my God, I cried to You and You have healed me.    3O Lord, You have brought my life up from Sheol (the place of the dead); You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit (the grave).    4Sing to the Lord, O you saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.    5For His anger is but for a moment, but His favor is for a lifetime or in His favor is life. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.A)'>(A)     6As for me, in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.    7By Your favor, O Lord, You have established me as a strong mountain; You hid Your face, and I was troubled.    8I cried to You, O Lord, and to the Lord I made supplication.    9What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit (the grave)? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth and faithfulness to men?    10Hear, O Lord, have mercy and be gracious to me! O Lord, be my helper!    11You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; You have put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness,    12To the end that my tongue and my heart and everything glorious within me may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

bekstebbins

Today, this song comes to mind:

"I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at his right hand
Stands one who is my savior

I take him at his word and deed
Christ died to save me this I read
And in my heart I find a need
For him to be my savior

That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, my God he is
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
My God he's always gonna be

Yes, living, dying; let me bring
My strength, my solace from this spring
That he who lives to be my king
Once died to be my savior
he is my king and he can help me
That he would leave his place on high
And come for sinful man to die
You count it strange, so once did I
Before I knew my savior

My savior loves, my savior lives
My savior's always there for me
My God he was, My God he is
My God he's always gonna be"

GOD IS ALWAYS WITH ME!!!!!!! PRAISE HIS NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truth

Praise the Lord for a warm house.
It's been
cccooolllddd!
Who left the air conditioner on in heaven?

DianeL

Yes, Lord, thank you for a warm house  :amen:
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Sarah

I third that!   :hug:  It's a great time for cuddling.(with man or beast.  ;))
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Foadle

Thank you Lord for the breeze that is blowing and that things are cooling down

Daughter of the King

Praise God for bringing me through some dark times in the past 2 years.  Praise Him for my amazing husband and wonderful children.
Praise Him for forums like this where I can share with like-minded people!

SOZO = salvation, healing, restoration, prosperity, freedom! PTL!

Pete

Quote from: heatherfb on February 13, 2010, 04:06:37 PM
Praise God for bringing me through some dark times in the past 2 years.  Praise Him for my amazing husband and wonderful children.
Praise Him for forums like this where I can share with like-minded people!

Amen!

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Neph

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=3][B][SIZE=3]God's [U]NOT[/U] mad at you!! . . . . .[/SIZE][/B][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=4][B][U]NO[/U] matter what![/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Bryan

Jesus you are AWESOME! BEAUTIFUL! COMPASSIONATE! DEDICATED! EMMANUEL! FOR US! GOD! HONORED! IESOUS! JUST! KIND! LOVING! MERCIFUL! NEVER ENDING! OMNIPRESENT! PRINCE OF PEACE! UNQUESTIONABLE! ROYALTY! SAVIOR! TRUSTWORTHY! UNIQUE! VALOROUS! WONDERFUL! XP! YESHUA! ZEALOUS!
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

Bryan

Well allow me to enter a couple testimonies here and restart this praise thread that has not had an entry for 2 years.

yesterday was day one of a 10 day fast and towards the end of the day I felt like I should eat.  Friday is normally a fast day for me so I momentarily felt as though 1 day would suddenly be ok, then I prayed about it.  I told the Holy Spirit  I wanted to fulfill my oath to the Lord but was struggling (day one is almost always the hardest).

While I was praying I felt my stomach fill up and my hunger pains went away.  It was INCREDIBLE!  Never before had I experienced that and it floors me to even remember it. 
All glory to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us.  He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

Bryan

My next praise is from a healing that has taken place.

So I have been a bit down lately wondering why the Holy Spirit isn't leading me to do more in the way of healing.  I am almost positive I heard The Spirit tell me to wait and he would tell me when, how, where to heal.  Healing is after all dependent upon him.

Any ways, at church one day, my wife suddenly came down with a very bad migraine.  The type where she had to sit down, close her eyes and put her head in her lap from the pain.  I was standing next to her with my 5 yr old daughter and I told my daughter who had asked what was wrong with mommy that mommy wasn't feeling well and asked her if she wanted to pray for her.  She said yes so I told her to put her hand on her head and say "In the name of Jesus". My daughter did exactly as I instructed and my wife's migraine slowly started to go away!

Later that night I got a tremendous pain in my neck and it became difficult to even move it or twist it.  I went to grab some medicine when I felt the Spirit tell me to have my wife pray.  So I asked her if she would.  Now my wife is still struggling with her faith and said she didn't feel like it, but I persisted.  She then said she didn't think I would do any good, so I told her if it didn't no harm no foul that I would just take some medicine. Well she came over laid her hands on my neck and prayed silently, as soon as she took her hands off the pain went away and I had full movement again in my neck!

God is good!  I praise his name!

jiminpa

Good testimonies Bryan!

I want to encourage you that despite how it feels God is giving you tangible evidence that He is still with you in this valley of the shadow of death, and you have not failed Him in your grief. He has grace and mercy for the emotions of grief. I know this first hand.

I have to wonder if the scripture that where sin abounds, grace much more abounds, doesn't also apply to the dark times that aren't sin, but are too dark and painful for us to bear on our own. There is also the scripture that God gives grace to the humble, and of course the 23rd psalm. 
I used to worry and stress and strive to "do my part," never believing that I had done enough of "my part."  Now I see my part as casting it off on Him, doing what I believe He is giving me, and letting it just be His problem.  I don't have to fix everything, but I get to work along side of God.

Go Up