January 24, 2020, 01:08:13 pm

HGO Upgrade

Started by Pete, April 14, 2009, 01:40:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Quote from: sharonl on April 20, 2009, 02:24:50 pm

How do you give reputations?

Underneath each user's avatar, there is a heart icon;

Click that icon, and it should allow you to add to that user's reputation.  Still trying to figure out how to get that pesky "I disagree" option out of there...   ;)

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

bill16652

Wow Pete I am lost, back for a few days

Pete

Quote from: bill16652 on April 20, 2009, 05:27:26 pm

It's not that hard.  You'll figure it out.  And if not, I'm here to answer any questions.

O0

bill16652

Is the shout box gone?

Pete

Quote from: bill16652 on April 20, 2009, 07:29:47 pm
Is the shout box gone?

Momentarily...

It's on my list to bring it back soon.

O0

lovesblessing

Hey, Pete.....thanks for the tune......that's the best version I've ever heard of "Lola"!  Weird Al is a hoot and a half.   ;)
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

lovesblessing

Uhm, Mr. Codeman  O0 , I just clicked on the link for the blogs and it said there are no blogs to view!  Do I have a totally different version of this forum from yours?  ;)   Because, I could have sworn you said they were all up now!  :hugegrin:
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Truth

Quote from: sharonl on April 20, 2009, 02:24:50 pm

How do you give reputations?

When you click on the heart just make sure you change it first and check I agree before submitting or you will subtract points   :o

Truth

Quote from: Pete on April 20, 2009, 02:31:12 pm
Underneath each user's avatar, there is a heart icon;

Click that icon, and it should allow you to add to that user's reputation.  Still trying to figure out how to get that pesky "I disagree" option out of there...   ;)

O0

Do you mean it won't let you check I AGREE instead on the controls?

Truth

Quote from: bill16652 on April 20, 2009, 05:27:26 pm

Hey Bill
I didn't think you were lost, you're saved, right?  ;)

Anyway, you been gone too long. But it basically the same

Pete

Quote from: lovesblessing on April 21, 2009, 01:00:24 am
Uhm, Mr. Codeman  O0 , I just clicked on the link for the blogs and it said there are no blogs to view!  Do I have a totally different version of this forum from yours?  ;)   Because, I could have sworn you said they were all up now!  :hugegrin:

I'm not sure exactly what's going on with the blogs.  For some reason, it's only allowing people to see their OWN blog.  So if you don't have a blog, you see nothing.

They are all there, and I *thought* I had the permissions set to let everyone view every blog, but apparently I don't...

O0

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 21, 2009, 01:38:13 am
Do you mean it won't let you check I AGREE instead on the controls?

No, it lets me click "I agree", but I want to completely remove the "I disagree" option.

O0

Pete

I did some putzing around with the arcade, and it appears to be saving scores now!

Give it a try, and let me know if you run across any games that aren't allowing you to save your score.

The arena still isn't working.  Not sure why.  But at least you can save your scores again.

O0

bill16652

Quote from: JJ on April 21, 2009, 01:40:24 am
Hey Bill
I didn't think you were lost, you're saved, right?  ;)

Anyway, you been gone too long. But it basically the same
lol, thanks JJ, its good to see you just in for a little and then back to campground

bill16652

Pete, is there any way to make the topics show up by miost recvent posts as mine are scattered everywhere and is hard to find topics that are current

Pete

Quote from: bill16652 on April 21, 2009, 10:14:24 am
Pete, is there any way to make the topics show up by miost recvent posts as mine are scattered everywhere and is hard to find topics that are current

You are now able to sort the board index any way you want.  By clicking the column titles, it will sort by that column.  Clicking the same column name twice will change the sorting from ascending to descending order.

You can click Subject, Started By, Replies, Views or Last Post.  The arrow next to the column header indicates which column the posts are sorted by.  If you want the most current posts on top, you'll want to sort by Last Post in descending order, just like in the picture below.

O0

Pete

Aha!  I figured out the blogging permissions!

NOW you should be able to see ALL the blogs.

O0

bill16652

I did the last post like you showed, with nthe arrow pointing down and they are still in no order, all mixed up but recent posts are about in the middle of the first page.  Isnt working for me.  Also would like to know what the arena is in the games section.  Went in and said nothing there.  Also will there be new games?

Pete

Quote from: bill16652 on April 21, 2009, 05:27:59 pm
I did the last post like you showed, with nthe arrow pointing down and they are still in no order, all mixed up but recent posts are about in the middle of the first page.  Isnt working for me.

Very strange.  It should be in whatever order you specify.   :shifty:

Quote from: bill16652 on April 21, 2009, 05:27:59 pm
Also would like to know what the arena is in the games section.  Went in and said nothing there.  Also will there be new games?

The arena is for challenging others on games.  You can create a match, with as many players and as many games as you like, and it will keep track of who wins the match.  Unfortunately, that's not working right at the moment, and I'm not sure why.

Once I get the arcade running better, yes, I do plan to add more games.

O0

The Lord is my banner

Oops!  Didn't see the last page, my comment no longer relevant.