• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
December 06, 2019, 11:52:18 am

HGO Upgrade

Started by Pete, April 14, 2009, 01:40:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Quote from: The Lord is my banner on April 18, 2009, 04:54:19 am
Love it!  Well done Pete!   O0

Is the rep button supposed to be working?  I moved my mouse over the green blip where it says "Reputation Power" on yours and all it does is say, "Pete has no influence."  That cannot be right!!!  :speechless:

I'm not sure just exactly how reputation works since it's new, but to give someone reputation, you click the "heart" icon under their avatar in the post.  I may have to tweak some settings to get it to work just the way I want it to, but we'll see.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

lovesblessing

Eh, what Heart icon would that be, Mr.   O0         

You're board seems to missing its heart!  :wink:

Quote from: Pete on April 18, 2009, 11:32:33 am

I'm not sure just exactly how reputation works since it's new, but to give someone reputation, you click the "heart" icon under their avatar in the post.  I may have to tweak some settings to get it to work just the way I want it to, but we'll see.

O0
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Pete

Quote from: lovesblessing on April 18, 2009, 01:59:45 pm
Eh, what Heart icon would that be, Mr.   O0         

You're board seems to missing its heart!  :wink:

You don't see a heart icon?   :shifty:

lovesblessing

Nope!  Not on mine or yours or anybodys!  Is it just me?  :hugegrin:

I gotta go meet a friend for lunch now, will be back later!  :wink:

Pete

Quote from: lovesblessing on April 18, 2009, 02:28:06 pm
Nope!  Not on mine or yours or anybodys!  Is it just me?  :hugegrin:

I gotta go meet a friend for lunch now, will be back later!  :wink:

How 'bout now?

The permissions weren't set...   :speechless:

O0

The Lord is my banner

flaglady

lovesblessing

Okay, I see the heart under others avatars in their posts, but there is still not one under mine that I see......is that because it's my post, so I can't give myself a better rep?  :hugegrin:    :wink:

lovesblessing

Alrighty now Mr. Pete what did you do to my favorite cheeky winky guy?  I used it when I wrote my post and that other wink shows up in his place!  Please fix it NOW!  (Remember older female can have hormonal surges that come out as very GRUMPY!  :hugegrin: )

Quote from: lovesblessing on April 18, 2009, 07:13:52 pm
Okay, I see the heart under others avatars in their posts, but there is still not one under mine that I see......is that because it's my post, so I can't give myself a better rep?  :hugegrin:    :wink:

Pete

Quote from: lovesblessing on April 18, 2009, 07:13:52 pm

Yep.  You can't rep yourself.  No matter how wonderful you may be.   :P

O0

lovesblessing

Okay, but when are you gonna fix my favorite wink emo?   :shifty:

Let me see if this works now....... ;)

Pete

Quote from: lovesblessing on April 18, 2009, 07:16:43 pm
Alrighty now Mr. Pete what did you do to my favorite cheeky winky guy?  I used it when I wrote my post and that other wink shows up in his place!  Please fix it NOW!  (Remember older female can have hormonal surges that come out as very GRUMPY!  :hugegrin: )

Well, apparently we had 2 smilieys using the same code, but the other WYSIWYG editor didn't care...

So now, they have different codes and should work.

The code;

;)

;)

O0

lovesblessing

Okay, much better.......now hurry up and find some way to set the personal font for good! 

GRUMPY hormonal female here......... :gah:   

;)

Truth

Quote from: Pete on April 18, 2009, 03:06:26 am

The old HGO logo had a palm tree in it.  I replaced it with the sun.

However, if y'all miss the palm tree, I'm sure I can incoroporate it into the header logo.    ;)

O0

No I like it better this way!   :hugegrin:   Like I said, its more professional looking

Truth

Speaking of new things, I gave you reps for a good job and it doesn't show on here.  I would suggest changing the default to a POSITIVE rep instead of a negative one in case someone gets in a hurry and clicks it and takes all our  reps away  :o  Maybe thats why its not working. I never liked negative reps on sites. If you don't like the post pray for them and help them    :P   
It says on my stats I have one vote and I didnt vote for anything.  ( dont remember it) unless  calling the reps a vote is why it may not show on your reps on your posts. It does say I gave you reps on my stats

Another thing I noticed that wasn't on the other one is some people's status says Ministry Team. Is that for admins and mods?

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 11:59:41 pm
Speaking of new things, I gave you reps for a good job and it doesn't show on here.  I would suggest changing the default to a POSITIVE rep instead of a negative one in case someone gets in a hurry and clicks it and takes all our  reps away  :o  Maybe thats why its not working. I never liked negative reps on sites. If you don't like the post pray for them and help them    :P  
It says on my stats I have one vote and I didnt vote for anything.  ( dont remember it) unless  calling the reps a vote is why it may not show on your reps on your posts. It does say I gave you reps on my stats

Still not sure exactly how the rep system works, but I only gave permission to everyone to be able to increase, not decrease, rep.  I think after you have 100 rep points, you get another bar.  Maybe.  I really have no idea...   :laugh:    I'll look more into it tomorrow.

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 11:59:41 pm
Another thing I noticed that wasn't on the other one is some people's status says Ministry Team. Is that for admins and mods?

The Ministry Team is not new.  The ability for you to see who is on it is.  Let me explain...

First, there are no admins or mods on this site except for me.  For now, I am quite capable of shouldering the entire responsibility for the site, so the Ministry Team has no additional permissions as far as moderating goes.

I debated whether or not I should make that status hidden like it was prior to the upgrade, but I ultimately decided against it.  I believe there is a fine line between "privacy" and "secrecy", and so I want to be very clear that I have no secrets from anyone here, but there is a private area, where only a handful of other people have access.  These people are people that I have known online for quite some time, and have demonstrated to me that I can trust them with sensitive information about the forum.  Any time a conflict arises (which has happened 5 times), I present it to the Ministry Team for prayer and for advice.  Ultimately, I decide how to handle the situations as God leads me, but I value their input on the situation.

That is what the Ministry Team is for.  People are added to and removed from the Ministry Team as I feel God lead.  Other than access to the Private Ministry area (which is not as exciting as it may sound, since right now there are less than a dozen threads over almost 2 years in there), the Ministry Team has no additional privileges on the forum.

I hope that explains what the Ministry Team is.  I decided I did not want there to be any "secrets", but there are still some "private" matters that still need dealt with from time to time, and that is what the Ministry Team is for.

O0

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 11:52:41 pm

No I like it better this way!   :hugegrin:   Like I said, its more professional looking

Well, I appreciate that.  The HGO in the upper left corner is my design.  I modeled it, rendered it, and did the image compositing all myself.  :pathead:

I'm glad you like it.

O0

Truth

Quote from: Pete on April 19, 2009, 12:30:26 am

Still not sure exactly how the rep system works, but I only gave permission to everyone to be able to increase, not decrease, rep.  I think after you have 100 rep points, you get another bar.  Maybe.  I really have no idea...   :laugh:     I'll look more into it tomorrow.

What I was referring to is when you click it what is checked is I DISAGREE ( which is negative). I'd think the other one should be checked I AGREE. Click it and see what I mean. Anyway maybe it doesn't show I gave any because I'm new and haven't been here long enough for it to count, or what ever the criteria is.

Thanks for all that explaining about the team who prays and gives advise. As long as there are people there will be  problems  that  come up that need to be discussed without telling the whole world. It doesn't pertain to them.

Truth

Quote from: Pete on April 19, 2009, 12:31:52 am

Well, I appreciate that.  The HGO in the upper left corner is my design.  I modeled it, rendered it, and did the image compositing all myself.  :pathead:

I'm glad you like it.

O0 

I forgot about this guy!  :pathead:  I should have given you a pat on the head.

( Side note: Its ok if a head gets bald as long as is doesn't get  too big   ;)    :hilarious: )

lovesblessing

Uh, Mr.  O0  is there a problem with the chat room?

Because yesterday and tonight I tried to go in there and it loads and then I get a box telling me I've been banned!   

Somehow, I don't think I'd make a very good leader of the banned....... ;)