December 16, 2018, 09:57:58 AM

HGO Upgrade

Started by Pete, April 14, 2009, 01:40:28 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Truth

Ok. I thought you changed my profile so that wouldn't work that way. I'm using it now
Who left the air conditioner on in heaven?

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 02:38:07 AM
Ok. I thought you changed my profile so that wouldn't work that way. I'm using it now

I changed it so it's collapsed by default.  You can still use it.

For future reference, you can change all that kind of stuff in your profile under Modify Profile -> Look and Layout.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Truth

I  did on the old one. Everything seems to be set the same here.

Truth

You got two reputation icons on your posts. I guess admins do   deserve twice as many for all the work they do  :wink:

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 02:50:09 AM
You got two reputation icons on your posts. I guess admins do   deserve twice as many for all the work they do  :wink:

Hmm...  So do you.

That should be easy enough to fix.

O0

Truth

Just make sure you leave the one on that ADDS not subtracts  :D 
I've seen those kind and don't like them at all  :P

Pete

There we go. One rep button.

O0

lovesblessing

Well, it is certainly bright......kinda hard on bifocal eyes.

I miss the palm tree in the header too.
[COLOR=#7030a0][SIZE=5]Faith is having a good opinion of God! [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#7030a0][/COLOR][/FONT]
[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z258/lovesblessing/JESUS20LOVES20DOVE.jpg[/img]

Pete

Quote from: lovesblessing on April 18, 2009, 02:58:50 AM
Well, it is certainly bright......kinda hard on bifocal eyes.

I miss the palm tree in the header too.

Once I get the forum working, I may incorporate other themes for you to choose from.

Maybe.  If you're nice.   :wink:

O0

lovesblessing

Okay, so how do  I get my auto purple font back.....will it work on this one?
[COLOR=#7030a0][SIZE=5]Faith is having a good opinion of God! [/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
[IMG]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z258/lovesblessing/JESUS20LOVES20DOVE.jpg[/img]

Truth

Probably need to get all functions working first. I do think this looks more professional.

I was thinking I saw  palm tree on the Living Avatar background. That would work for awhile. Better yet a great photo of palm trees on the sig. I may do that myself later. I like scenery

Pete

Quote from: lovesblessing on April 18, 2009, 03:01:48 AM
Okay, so how do  I get my auto purple font back.....will it work on this one?

The auto font never did really work like it was supposed to.  It was a cheap hack that I threw in there that caused a million errors in my log files...

But I know people used it, so I will be looking for a solution.  As of right now, no, you can't set a default font for your posts.  Sorry.

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 03:03:48 AM
Probably need to get all functions working first. I do think this looks more professional.

I was thinking I saw  palm tree on the Living Avatar background. That would work for awhile. Better yet a great photo of palm trees on the sig. I may do that myself later. I like scenery

The old HGO logo had a palm tree in it.  I replaced it with the sun.

However, if y'all miss the palm tree, I'm sure I can incoroporate it into the header logo.   :wink:

O0

lovesblessing

Okay, Pete.....thanks for the info.

I'm gonna go watch "Redeye" and put my feet up for the night....it's been a long day and I need some beauty sleep!  :wink:

Pete

Quote from: lovesblessing on April 18, 2009, 03:09:25 AM
Okay, Pete.....thanks for the info.

I'm gonna go watch "Redeye" and put my feet up for the night....it's been a long day and I need some beauty sleep!  :wink:
[/]
[][/]

Nighty night!  I'm still plugging away, getting stuff back online.   :hugegrin:

O0

Pete

Well folks, it is now almost 4:30 AM, and I think I've restored most all of the functionality that was on the site prior to the upgrade after about 5 hours of coding!  :D

The blogs section is currently empty, but fear not if you had a blog, I still have it, and I will restore it just as soon as I can.  The blog import function isn't importing like it's supposed to, but worst-case scenario is I have to manually import each blog.  That shouldn't be TOO difficult.  I hope...

Other than that, I hope you like the new look and feel of the forum.  There are bound to be a few bugs with an upgrade of this magnitude, so feel free to click around and try out some of the new stuff, and if you have any problems at all, please let me know about them in this thread.

O0

The Lord is my banner

Love it!  Well done Pete!   O0

Is the rep button supposed to be working?  I moved my mouse over the green blip where it says "Reputation Power" on yours and all it does is say, "Pete has no influence."  That cannot be right!!!  :speechless:
[CENTER][LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Navy]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT][/CENTER]

flaglady

Cool - very cool, boss! :amen:

sharonl

Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/]http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/[/URL]
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

DianeL

I had to think for a minute when I came here if this was Oasis ;)
Thanks Pete, very nice.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Go Up