December 16, 2018, 10:57:43 AM

HGO Upgrade

Started by Pete, April 14, 2009, 01:40:28 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Pete

Quote from: JTM3 on April 17, 2009, 11:13:56 PM
OMG.......awesome new theme & forum! :D

Don't forget to add back in the multi-quote function, that is a MUST have in any forum, IMO, unless you don't mind double, triple and quadruple posts! :D

The multi-quote is the same as it was before.  Click the "Insert Quote" link in the message history below your post to add multiple quotes.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Renee

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP I'M CONFUSED. SOMEONE HELP PLEASE. Oh my this is bad this is bad this ISSSSSSSSS BAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD. Help help HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP. Changes not good nope not good. I'm confused.
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored

Pete

Quote from: Renee on April 17, 2009, 11:26:40 PM
HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP I'M CONFUSED. SOMEONE HELP PLEASE. Oh my this is bad this is bad this ISSSSSSSSS BAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD. Help help HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP. Changes not good nope not good. I'm confused.

Could you be a bit more specific?   :hugegrin:

O0

Truth

Whoa a brand new forum! You sneaked it in on me and something else too LOL.  Someone chose an avatar for me, but what is  it ?  :-\   Something there, in from of the sun?
Who left the air conditioner on in heaven?

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 12:28:52 AM
Whoa a brand new forum! You sneaked it in on me and something else too LOL.  Someone chose an avatar for me, but what is  it ?  :-\   Something there, in from of the sun?

Apparently, the new forum has a "default" avatar if you don't select one.  It is a sun with a "simple machine" in front of it. (HGO runs SMF...  Simple Machines Forum).  I'm going to remove that, as soon as I find it...  :wink:

O0

Truth

April 18, 2009, 12:32:03 AM #25 Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 01:03:05 AM by JJ
Opps I meant in front.  Thats something else no way to edit, correct mistakes and I made plenty of them  :doh:

Truth

That looks like a very simple machine alright. Looks like a teeter totter  :hugegrin:

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 12:32:03 AM
Opps I meant in front.  Thats something esle no way to edit, correct mistakes and I made plenty of them  :doh:

There are 2 ways to edit your posts.

You can click the icon to the far right in each of your posts (kinda looks like a pencil on a tablet, will not use the WYSIWYG editor), or you can click the "Modify" button (up near the quote button, which should only be visibile on your posts, and WILL use the WYSIWYG editor).

O0

Truth

Well I don't need to ask my other question. The avatars are definately animated. LOL    :D

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 01:02:08 AM
Well I don't need to ask my other question. The avatars are definately animated. LOL    :D

But slightly off-center...  That didn't happen in my test upgrade.  Not sure what is going on there...  Just another thing to fix.   :hugegrin:

O0

Truth

This is really something 10 minutes for an upgrade!  You get the prize, whatever it is.

I found something just for you! Here, use this 

:genius:

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 01:08:38 AM
This is really something 10 minutes for an upgrade!  You get the prize, whatever it is.

I found something just for you! Here, use this 

:genius:

Thanks!

I'm pretty gosh darn proud of myself, as this was a pretty major upgrade.  The execution of it only took 10 minutes of downtime, but the preparation for it took over 2 months of testing and tweaking.

O0

Truth

In case you didn't noticed, when you're tweaking, it goes all the way down to the bottom to the quick reply when I click on a thread,  then in about 4 seconds comes up slightly to the next 1 or 2 posts or in between. It did come to the top of the page before

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 01:21:15 AM
In case you didn't noticed, when you're tweaking, it goes all the way down to the bottom to the quick reply when I click on a thread,  then in about 4 seconds comes up slightly to the next 1 or 2 posts or in between. It did come to the top of the page before

It should go to the first unread post.  What browser are you using?

O0

Truth

IE7

It was working find  all this time. I've read all the posts on this thread

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 01:37:54 AM
IE7

It was working find  all this time. I've read all the posts on this thread

I'm using IE8 in IE7 compatability mode, and it's working OK.

Are you clicking the thread title, or are you clicking the "new" icon next to the thread title?

Truth

I"m clicking on the title HGO Upgrade. It goes to the quick rely but not square on it just part way so to use it I'd have to move it down. Then it jumps up to your post #19 at the bottom but  half way on the letters of your words

So, we're back

And I only see the bottom half of those letters and the rest of the post. Then I have to move it to the top of the page as I have it set, and even reset  it just now.

I dont know what "new" icon looks like. Theres 2 things to the left of the title.

Pete

I just made a change to your profile to "hide" (it will be collapsed) the quick reply box by default.  Let me know if it works better now.

Truth

Yes it works. I was using the quick repy but guess I'll need to use the other reply .

Pete

Quote from: JJ on April 18, 2009, 02:32:17 AM
Yes it works. I was using the quick repy but guess I'll need to use the other reply .

You can still use the quick reply like this if you want.  Just click the button next to the "Quick Reply" and voila!  It's there when you want it.

O0

Go Up