• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 09:09:27 am

Dating Thread { read flags to look for }

Started by 8 iron, April 09, 2009, 09:59:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

8 iron

Top 10 red flags, tendencies, behaviors, whatever to look for??

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

sharonl

The biggest one for me is 'does the walk match the talk.'
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

goofy

i hope you're ready to laugh....

1. you go to his house for a party and to meet his friends, and notice that he's wearing a nice bracelet...one of his best friends is wearing a matching one.

2. your date tells you he's in training for a wrestling match. he shows up in sweats and high as a kite from the diet pills.
you wind up taking him to the emergency room.

3. you drive two hours to meet a guy, the son of a minister. His best friend shows up to check you out first.  you pass the exam only to find out later that they are both way deep into the local KKK.

8 iron

Quote from: sharonl on April 10, 2009, 09:05:06 am
The biggest one for me is 'does the walk match the talk.'

That's interesting. Of course physical intimacy is also the crutch of any new relationship. I read a article recently about dating.

It mentioned a way to gauge one's walk with the Lord is how committed they are to sexual purity. I thought that was pretty interesting observation.

Pete

Quote from: 8 iron on April 10, 2009, 05:22:01 pm

That's interesting. Of course physical intimacy is also the crutch of any new relationship. I read a article recently about dating.

It mentioned a way to gauge one's walk with the Lord is how committed they are to sexual purity. I thought that was pretty interesting observation.

When I stated dating Sarah, I purposely refrained from all physical intimacy for a long time.  It was funny, because after every date, my buddy would call me and ask me, "Did you kiss her yet?"  He apparently thought I was taking too long. 

What's funny though, is I attribute that as being one of the largest factors as to why I'm as close to Sarah as I am today.  We built a strong, solid foundation, that had absolutely nothing to do with physical intimacy.  It had to do with a real Love, honor and respect for one another.  Once that foundation was solid, then they physical intimacy just came naturally, but underneath it all, we had a solid foundation so that when tough times and adversity came, we were able to stand strong.

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

8 iron

Pete,

That is awesome. That is how I want it to be for me. I'm not saying I've been perfect since my divorce, however, most women 'expect' it and even push as much as you'd expect a man to push for it.

I even had someone say they couldn't see us together because waiting till we're married just wasn't realistic. This person was a died in the wool charismatic.

Truth

If they were not already serving the Lord with all their heart when you met them, going in the direction the Lord previously has called you to, and  compromise God's principles for you or others, then  thats a red flag. Otherwise they could try to act like they know God and say what you like just to please you, but it won't last and would be disasterous later.

2 Corinthians 6:14

8 iron

Quote from: JJ on April 16, 2009, 09:05:14 pm
If they were not already serving the Lord with all their heart when you met them, going in the direction the Lord previously has called you to, and  compromise God's principles for you or others, then  thats a red flag. Otherwise they could try to act like they know God and say what you like just to please you, but it won't last and would be disasterous later.

2 Corinthians 6:14

good stuff