• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 09:07:45 am

Black Lab Advice?

Started by Rachel Faith, April 07, 2009, 09:45:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachel Faith

For my birthday, I got a black lab mix. She's about 2 years old. She was free and has had all her shots and been spayed. They didn't tell me that they had done it THAT DAY. She has been lethargic and recovering, but she's much better. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to take care of a lab?
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Pete

Feed it.  Take it for walks.  Pet it. 

Practical dog care advice;  Just one of the many services we offer here at HGO. 

But seriously, I need to see a picture of this dog.  I really like labs!

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Alpine

labs are the best dogs. They will love you like mad! Make sure you play with the dog and take the dog for an occasional walk. The dog will thank you with lots of love!
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

JTM³

Quote from: Alpine on April 07, 2009, 11:46:15 pm
labs are the best dogs. They will love you like mad! Make sure you play with the dog and take the dog for an occasional walk. The dog will thank you with lots of love!

Really? Huh.

My best friends sister has a lab and its exactly like that (complete opposite of my dog btw ), almost too loving.

Since we're working on the fence she comes over a lot. lol

[spoiler]

Job got HEALED, and YOU can be too!!

Pro tip: Read to the END of the book. Not just man's ideas. They're usually wrong. =P

Jesus = The revealed will of God for all people for all time.
[/spoiler]

The Lord is my banner

How lovely, yes, photos please!

Ask Dana about Labradors- she has a chocolate one!

My Rosie is half Labrador and half collie.  Very lively mix - she's now 11 and still looks like a young dog, full of beans.  You can look forward to lots of healthy walks to enjoy together!

Does she have stitches to be removed? She ought to get a check-up at the vet regarding her post-op recovery even if they are the dissolving kind. I forget when - a week or 10 days after I think - phone them and ask.
I also remember them telling us to walk Rosie on the lead only, not to lether run and jump for a few days at first, to protect the wound.

DianeL

I love retrievers, here's the website for labs, you can ask questions on all things including health, working dogs, etc... it's very good.

http://www.blacklabrador.com/

Have fun with her.  BTW, what's her name?
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

bill16652

Rachel Faith

THanks y'all. Her name is Sadie. I'll get some pics up soon.
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith

Rachel Faith

bill16652

Pete

What a great dog!

You may need to hire a qualified electrician to sort out that mess of wires back there though... 

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Sarah

She is just beautiful Rachel.  I am pea green with envy.  If someone offered me a dog like her I would have a hard time saying no.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

The Lord is my banner

Wow, she's gorgeous, and very like a smooth-coated cousin of my Rosie!

Rachel Faith

She is gorgeous. Pete that is the leftover evidence of our last recording session. I can't get Danny to clean up his recording mess. *sigh* I always have to move the speakers back and put them away along with the sound board and everything else. I should beat him.

jeolmstead

Sorry,

I'm a cat person

Having owned and operated cats for years, I can't imagine why one would want a dog

John O.

DianeL

Sadie is beautiful! Smooth shiny coat.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

lovesblessing

I knew there was a reason why I like you John!

And for Miss Rachel, you doggie is beautiful and looks to be a good friend and playmate for many years to come!

Quote from: jeolmstead on April 09, 2009, 10:26:14 am
Sorry,

I'm a cat person

Having owned and operated cats for years, I can't imagine why one would want a dog

John O.
[/SIZE] [/COLOR][/FONT]
Faith is having a good opinion of God!