• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
July 15, 2019, 04:13:18 pm

Wondering Confused Mind

Started by 8 iron, March 08, 2009, 03:55:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

8 iron

Okay this is a topic I want to open up for discussion. The Lord has recently convicted me of having a 'reasoning mind'. That isn't healthy for me. Now, we all know what the scripture in James 1 says, about being 'double-minded' never coming to conclusion.

So, if we're tossed back and forth we'll never come to any conclusion and just add confusion, doubt and a wondering mind.

My question is this. I've been dealing with a situation for several months now. I can figure it out and I can't really figure out what direction the Lord wants me to go.  For now, I've put it on the shelf and turned it over to the Lord.

Everytime my mind tries to reason or wonder, I picture me taking it out of my mind and putting into God's hands. Literally.

So, I'm not sure I'm ever going to reach a decision on what I'm suppose to do concerning this issue. What if I make a decision and it's the wrong decision? Can God, in His grace and mercy cover that mistake up and lead me where I'm suppose to be? I think so.

Problem is there are other people involved. I just keep reading the scripture in James and think I should hear clearly on this. Or maybe God isn't speaking to me right now. Maybe He wants me to go through a time of testing and proving.

Sometimes I think that is my answer. This issue needs a time of testing and proving. However, in the mean time I'm tossed around as to how to feel about it. Honestly, there have been times when I feel God is telling me 2 different things.

Now, obviously, one of those things is God and one is my emotions and my fleshly desire to have what I want. Just discerning which one I guess is the hard part.

Thanks for your input.

Sarah

Just for your piece of mind......you aren't the only one to struggle with being torn about certain situations.

I would wait on the Father.  He's only going to tell you do to "right" things.  Trust that He will show you what to do when the time comes. 

Farther, give Brad peace about these situations.  Give him supernatural wisdom concerning what You want him to do.  Confusion can't reign when You have spoken.  I thank you that as he seeks You with an open heart You will reveal You heart to him.  Thank You Father for using Brad and moving in an awesome way in his life.  Amen.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Pete

I see such a desire in you to do what God wants you to do.  That is, I believe, the most important thing.

If it were me, I would wait until I had a peace about the decision, but rest assured that even if you make the wrong choice, God's grace will abound toward you as you've sought with your whole heart to do what He wants you to do.

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

8 iron

Quote from: Pete on March 08, 2009, 07:11:15 pm
I see such a desire in you to do what God wants you to do.  That is, I believe, the most important thing.

If it were me, I would wait until I had a peace about the decision, but rest assured that even if you make the wrong choice, God's grace will abound toward you as you've sought with your whole heart to do what He wants you to do.

This is good.

churchlady

I agree with Pete. 
God sees your heart to find out and do His will in this situation. 
He also sees you taking deliberate action over and over to bring your 'reasoning' thoughts into captivity to Jesus.  It takes time to form a new habit and way of behavior, so maybe God is giving you sufficient time to establish this habit until it becomes second nature.
De Oppresso Liber

8 iron

Quote from: churchlady on March 08, 2009, 11:33:26 pm
I agree with Pete. 
God sees your heart to find out and do His will in this situation. 
He also sees you taking deliberate action over and over to bring your 'reasoning' thoughts into captivity to Jesus.  It takes time to form a new habit and way of behavior, so maybe God is giving you sufficient time to establish this habit until it becomes second nature.

Thanks. I agree, the forming of the new habit takes a little time. I could say there have been days when I've said, "mind let it go..." about 100 times.. LOL...