• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first"

Started by flaglady, February 09, 2009, 07:54:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flaglady

Just got this email from a friend in London ....

Hi Jo,

I was at the laundrette today and was reading the Daily Mail and they had brought to light 2 cases that had caused outrage,

a) a nurse was dismissed just before Xmas on the grounds that she had offered to pray for a patient --- but reinstated last week due to pressures from various Christian organisations.

b) a foster carer who had brought up 80 children quite nicely was suddenly refused the right to have any more in her care when a 16 year old Muslim asked to be baptised. Her real parents found this too offensive and felt she'd been brain-washed.  The girl was devastated and said she had made her own decision about this. The foster mother was also devastated as nurturing children was her passion and her sole income too. Again, Christian groups are doing all they can to fight the case but as they rightly asked: if a child had gone from Christian to Muslim, or from Christian to atheist, would it cause such a problem????

Talk about Britain going down the drain. For a Christian nation to react this way is doubly shocking.  I could have easily offered to pray for one of my clients, I'd be in shock if this was reported as 'breach of their human rights'... when I tried to help... it's not like the nurse offered dodgy non-approved drugs of some sort.... I thought of YOU too, who must have done something similar in the past (i.e praying if asked). No harm really ! 
Anyway, thought you'd be interested. I didn't know if you'd heard about this. 
Take care, Sylvie xxx

I replied

No, I hadn't heard of that. Thanks for letting me see them. I only ever prayed for patients covertly as, when I trained, it was a disciplinary matter if you let them know, asked or offered to pray for them! So nothing new in that. As for the foster mum - well, it's perfectly true that the powers of darkness seem only to be railed at Christ so would be perfectly logical for it not to be a problem if the conversion was to Muslim or other. Remember Christ said "for if the world hates you, remember it hated me first"

bill16652

It is sad to see what is happeniung not only there but here as well but it is only just the beginning of what is coming

Wordsmith

What has helped me when we see these things happening, is to remind myself
that Jesus created us to be a holy nation, a piculiar people, among many nations that will oppose
Jesus, and oppose that nation that He has created on the earth. I don't think there is a political "christian nation" per se'.  But Christians are a nation among many nations. And those nations will oppose His Nation.
Be as loving as the Truth allows, even if it's
mis-interpreted,
because everyone  you meet is fighting
some kind of battle.

bill16652

Amen Wordsmith and let us not forget that the biggest opposition to Christs bride will be the church and its leaders

flaglady

bill16652

I thought we were discussing a much broader area than America

durst51

Quote from: bill16652 on February 09, 2009, 02:11:19 pm
Amen Wordsmith and let us not forget that the biggest opposition to Christs bride will be the church and its leaders

AND the pharisee types wanting to bring everyone back under bondage to guilt, shame and fear -- i.e., the law.
Not under the 'schoolmaster' anymore once we come to HIM!

Our Lord also had to put up with being called insane and possessed, too.

As with the Master so with His servants.

flaglady

Quote from: bill16652 on February 10, 2009, 01:45:48 pm
I thought we were discussing a much broader area than America

S'alright, Bill - was just being a bit naughty cus everytime I post something about the UK here it gets about 2 replies and then vanishes without trace!  While threads about anything US (specially politics!) goes on and on .....

(Naughty Jo! )

sharonl

Jo that's because politics this year will be a life changing event for the US - and for the world for that matter. I doubt it will go away for awhile - all the changes that are coming about will change life as we know it - but keep telling us about your world also - we love to hear about it - tell us the impact that it is having on you all.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

bill16652

Hey Jo, while you are telling us could you send me some pie and mash?

flaglady

bill16652

Yum you know how to get to me, through my stomachsome cockles to go with the jellied eel?

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

DianeL

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

bill16652

flaglady

Sarah, Diane - sorry, they do look pretty disgusting, don't they? I've only ever eaten them once and that was enough for me! But there are people who relish them!

bill16652

flaglady

That they are, Bill! Bit gristly but my family would often get a pint of cockles (or winkles) for tea. We'd all sit there with sewing pins and pull the poor little things out of their shells. (They had been cooked, btw!) With a big pile of freshly baked, liberally buttered bread - can't beat it!

Odd thing is, they just don't taste the same anymore!

bill16652

Our tastes change some as we get older maybe.  I know thta if it is seafood I love it and while there are many jokes about English food I found it to be amazing

Sarah

Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....