• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

How to tell a wolf in sheep clothing

Started by san54, February 03, 2009, 02:06:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah

One more thing, I think a wolf is someone who "has gone in the way of Cain, and for pay have rushed head long in the way of Balaam and perish in the rebellion of Korah." (Jude 1:11)

We can read more in the OT about Cain, Balaam and the men who rebelled against the authority of Moses and Aaron at Korah.

The apostasy is the falling away of what God has ordained and falling away from truth.

The Lord is my banner

Quote from: Leah on February 03, 2009, 03:23:28 pm

When you see a 'sheep' gnawing on another sheep, watch out.

ROFLOL!

I know it's not a funny topic, but that is such a picture!

jazzypooh

Quote from: san54 on February 03, 2009, 03:05:41 pm
I am not quite computer literate ,but I ran across a you tube video by Dave Hunt on false prophets. He presents several more points for us all to chew on.

[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/SIZE][/URL][/SIZE][/COLOR]

That was interesting.

As far as the thing he mentioned about prophecies being accurate, sometimes a prophet may speak a word of warning about a coming judgment if the person(s) doesn't repent. But if they repent, then God wouldn't still judge them for it. So in that case, the prophecy wouldn't come to pass. But I don't know about those percentages of accuracy though. I don't think I've ever seen firsthand a mature prophet miss the mark like that.

san54

February 04, 2009, 11:45:31 pm #23 Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:37:33 am by san54
Jazzy ,you are right watching for accuracy from the prophetic is exactly what the word admonishes. We
can't go wrong using the bible as our road map.
Defining The False Prophet And Their Fate:
[BLOCKQUOTE]
Deu 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Deu 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Jer 23:14 I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.
[/BLOCKQUOTE]
All we need do is watch ,pray and follow the word.
"Behold I am coming quickly as a thief. Blessed is he who watches and keeps his garments,lest he walk naked and they see his shame.
Rev.16 v.15

jazzypooh

Quote from: Leah on February 03, 2009, 03:30:41 pm
We can read more in the OT about Cain, Balaam and the men who rebelled against the authority of Moses and Aaron at Korah.
[/SIZE]

My pastor was just teaching on this very same thing this past Sunday about how Korah led the people into rebellion against their leaders. There is a really good lesson to be learned through that... Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft for sure.

Love,
~jazzy

LittleRocketBoy

My understanding is that wolves in sheeps clothing are always unbelievers.
They deny Christ and want you to deny Christ also.
They are, after all, inwardly "wolves," not sheep.

Wordsmith

Quote from: jazzypooh on February 03, 2009, 06:46:28 am
Hey San (((hugs)))

first off, pastors will know that there is a difference between a SHEEP, a GOAT, and a WOLF. sheeps like to be taught and led by their shepherd. goats are the hard-headed ones. and wolves just have a totally different agenda. they are a breed of their own...

there are lots of ways you can discern a wolf in sheeps clothing:

1. they like the high places. their desire and inward drive is to have a position of AUTHORITY in the Church. they love to lead but they themselves cannot be led by anyone. Jesus said the greatest among you shall be your SERVANT. wolves have no desire to serve, but love to be in the pulpit

2. they love flesh and blood (carnality and sin). they are carnal and therefore are easily drawn into strife and carnal things. they cause division, strife and schism in the Body of Christ

3. they come to defy ORDER in the Church. their main target is those that are in leadership, because their desire is to be in leadership. they will give them the hardest time because they will forever be trying to overthrow them and gain the position that they seek

4. they will not submit to their leader or anybody for that matter. they are full of rebellion

5. they don't want responsibility but will take all the authority and honor that you will give them

6. they are sly and sneaky just like their father. the false doctrines that they teach are often subtle. remember, a good heretic is one who knows how to combine SOME truths with deception. take the New Age movement for example

7. they only draw those that have 'itching ears'. only people with an itching ear can be allured by someone with a seducing spirit

8. they have an unteachable spirit because they already know everything

9. wolves identify themselves by their ATTITUDES, ACTIONS, and LIVING CONDITIONS

10. they oppose truth. they oppose the anointing. and they are skilled in operating in a counterfeit anointing

Jesus encountered the wolf spirit in John 6:60-71

i could go on and on and on, but all you have to do is stay in the Word of God and continue to feed your spirit TRUTH, and you will be able to discern this spirit. the most important thing to know is God will give you discernment through His Word. He'll give you a heart of discernment to know when something is Him and when it is not Him

Love,
~jazzy

Umm...this might sound like wolves, but it also sounds alot like brand new chirstians, showing just a lack of maturity, and are on fire for God, and haven't figured it out yet that they aren't the only ones that have experianced God. LOL..
Be as loving as the Truth allows, even if it's
mis-interpreted,
because everyone  you meet is fighting
some kind of battle.

The Lord is my banner

Quote from: LittleRocketBoy on February 05, 2009, 10:49:48 pm
My understanding is that wolves in sheeps clothing are always unbelievers.
They deny Christ and want you to deny Christ also.
They are, after all, inwardly "wolves," not sheep.

I suppose that's the puzzling thing.

If they were wolves and looked like wolves we'd be safe because we'd flee.

If they seem to be sheep, how do we know until we get too close?

And sometimes, I wonder if we can ever know if a person who abused us was a wolf or a sheep.  It seems that so many Christians abuse others.  Were they really not Christians, not sheep, but wolves after all, even when it seemed they had great faith and claimed such wonderful things in their own relationship with God?

Best thing to do is keep well away from anyone at all until you know them well.  Umm...then how will we ever know anyone well enough to trust?

bill16652

When they come at the sheep and wound and kill they are easy to identify and no they are not all unbelievers as they are easy to see, they are the so called christians that are better than everyone else, that forget we all sin daily, that nwill bring up your past even if it says that Gopd has forgotten it, the ones that hang on every word of your prayer to see if they can gain an advantage.  Than k God a lot are not like this but many are.

The Lord is my banner

Quote from: bill16652 on February 09, 2009, 10:04:24 am
When they come at the sheep and wound and kill they are easy to identify and no they are not all unbelievers as they are easy to see, they are the so called christians that are better than everyone else, that forget we all sin daily, that nwill bring up your past even if it says that Gopd has forgotten it, the ones that hang on every word of your prayer to see if they can gain an advantage.  Than k God a lot are not like this but many are.

Thank you Bill, that affirms my experience.

Pete

Quote from: The Lord is my banner on February 09, 2009, 04:34:26 am

Best thing to do is keep well away from anyone at all until you know them well.  Umm...then how will we ever know anyone well enough to trust?

I think that's exactly what the devil wants us to do; keep our distance form people.  As long as we stay far away, then we can never help each other.

I think we have to get to the point where it no longer matters to us what people think or say about us.  It is only in making ourselves vulnerable and opening up to other that we are able to truly help others.

I'm slowly getting to the point where I no longer care if what I do or say is twisted and used against me.  I'm beginning to realize that unless I open myself up to others, I will be unable to help them.  Some people are going to betray you, misuse you, abuse you, etc.  You can count on it.  But I believe that is a large part of what crucifying our flesh is all about.

I have to remember that the battle is not mine.  I have to remember that every tongue that rises against me, God (not me) will show to be in the wrong.

That's a hard place to go.  But I believe we need to get to that place.

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

The Lord is my banner

Quote from: Pete on February 09, 2009, 02:23:41 pm

I think we have to get to the point where it no longer matters to us what people think or say about us.  It is only in making ourselves vulnerable and opening up to other that we are able to truly help others.

And in the process receive more hurt into ourselves. 

Sorry, I am, have been for some time, dwelling on the surface of online interaction, because I've repeatedly shown too much vulnerability and been hurt... again, and again, and again.

If you've got to a place where that no longer hurts unbearably, that's good, but I don't know how to get there and maybe it's not possible.    I feel my best defence now is to not let anyone see my pain.  It doesn't do anybody any good at all, none.  I'm not letting anyone in any more.

Pete

I wish I could fully communicate the revelation of God's Love that I have, but I don't know how to articulate it...

God's Love, and particulary the revelation that Love pays no attention to a suffered wrong, have made it near impossible for someone to hurt me.  When people say things that are designed to "hurt" me, instead, I now feel a compassion for that person, and I see THEIR hurt.

That is why I talk about Love so much.  The freedom found is indescribable.  The chains of past hurts, wounds and offenses are broken.

It's not impossible, even though it seems that way sometimes.  God's Love can overcome anything.

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

jazzypooh

Quote from: The Lord is my banner on February 09, 2009, 05:19:58 pm

And in the process receive more hurt into ourselves. 

Sorry, I am, have been for some time, dwelling on the surface of online interaction, because I've repeatedly shown too much vulnerability and been hurt... again, and again, and again.

If you've got to a place where that no longer hurts unbearably, that's good, but I don't know how to get there and maybe it's not possible.    I feel my best defence now is to not let anyone see my pain.  It doesn't do anybody any good at all, none.  I'm not letting anyone in any more.
[/SIZE]

IT IS POSSIBLE! It just takes time. I think everyone is still growing in this area, because everyone has been hurt at some point in their life. I used to feel the same way you feel about this, and sometimes I still have to confront these 'defense mechanisms' that have developed. The more God became transparent with me, the more I was able to become trasparent with others. I'm still not as transparent as I'd like to be, but the more God reveals HIS love for me and shows me how HE feels about me, then the less I care about why others don't love me or care about me and want to hurt me. I'm not as affected as I used to be when people try to hurt me now. I don't deny that their words hurt me. I just choose not to dwell on it and let it capture my mind. Instead I start focusing on how God feels about me and what He says about me. When I do that,  every thing or every word the person did or spoke to hurt me just begins to fade away into the distance. It's like His love drains out their words, and because He does that, the enemy is not able to magnify those words in my mind and bring me into bondage to hurt again.

I think a lot of times people's words are able to hurt and wound us because we allow those words to linger in our minds. The longer they linger, the more those words are able to take root, and the more we'll start believing it. When it happens to me, I reject that person's words because it's a lie, and I believe what God's Word says to me. The enemy may be saying one thing to us, but we have to confront that thing with TRUTH - with what the Word says. When I started doing that, that's when I began to grow in this area and God started healing me. I actually got victory in this area (to my own surprise ), and I no longer had a need to put up a wall between me and other people. That's what enabled me to become transparent. I knew that if I was hurt, God would send His Word and heal me from that hurt. So I don't have to try to protect myself (I wasn't any good at it anyway....lol). God would protect me. When I tried to protect myself, I only ended up hurting myself even more and hindering God when He wanted to use me to witness to someone or encourage someone. As He healed me, He also enabled me to share it with others.

God will do the same thing for you. It may be difficult at this time, but it's not impossible. God knows exactly why we're hurting, and He knows exactly why we put up our walls. He also knows how to break through those walls and heal us. Oftentimes, we may put up walls for people, but they also end up being a wall between us and God. If He's helped others overcome their hurts and be able to share it with others, then why would He be any different when it comes to us? He's no respector of persons.

Perfect love casts out ALL fears. If we have a fear of opening up to others because we may get hurt, then we need to ask God to reveal His perfect love to us and give us grace. A lot of people need to hear our stories, because they may be dealing with the same thing. But if we never share it because of a fear of getting hurt, then that person that needs to hear our story may never get the word that they need to overcome their situation.

Love,
~jazzy

san54

"Behold I am coming quickly as a thief. Blessed is he who watches and keeps his garments,lest he walk naked and they see his shame.
Rev.16 v.15

The Lord is my banner

That's why I no longer ask for help.

Everybody else has pulled themselves up by their own bootstraps and overcome it all by saying, thinking, feeling and doing the right things, and I try their patience by continuing to suffer.

Sorry, been wrestling not to post, but it came out in the end.  Hearing testimonies no longer comforts me, it condemns me.

bill16652

Sue I so feel for you and am here to tell you that we all have times that are not pulling ourselves up as you say but we hurt and fear amd dopubt and all the rest and then the Word, the closeness of Jesus or the people around us if Jesus seems so far away help to build us up and ufnthat dont help then it becommes perseverence to push in until we can feel Jesus.  So easy to say, so hard to do when we feel abandoned and alone.  The only thing anyone can tell you is that you arent but that is empty as well until you yourself can realize it.  Sue I pray for you and I truly wish that the people on this board could reach out and put their arms around you but at least know that we feel your pain, have been where you are and some of us still are to some extent and know that we love you and that you are cared for.