• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 09:36:15 am

Dog thread

Started by Sarah, January 22, 2009, 04:19:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Neph

Quote from: The Lord is my banner on January 24, 2009, 05:40:44 am
Haha!

I don't think that little fellow would make an easy pet somehow!

Ah, but I love that kind of spirit, don't you?

I showed that video to my wife and she pointed out that there was a brick on top of the roof in the corner there above the gate. In other words, these people had a problem with this dog doing this on a regular basis and though they had solved the problem.
God's NOT mad at you!! . . . . .NO matter what!

goofy

lol that's funny Neph.

love seeing the pics of the dogs.

bill16652

Quote from: The Lord is my banner on January 24, 2009, 03:38:23 am
Have you had a St. Bernard before?  You can't have a dog at all at the moment?  That'd be sad. 
I lo9ved the picture and yes a long time ago I did have a St Bernard and She was wonderful.  A funny dog as big as she was would hide under the kitchen table when she did something sjhe knew was wrong and then look so surprised that you had found her although her back half was sticking out.  Loved that dog and thanks for the picture

goofy

LOL awwww, that is a funny story!

DianeL

That's too funny Bill !
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

lovesblessing

Mr. Bill's idea of perfect armament........

Faith is having a good opinion of God!

lovesblessing

Must have been a really bad day on the set with those little rascals........

lovesblessing

For those days when the car breaks down.......

Neph

Lullaby Puppies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V1hOeQCp4c#noexternalembed

And this ones great!
Puppies vs. Cat!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bcV-TL9mho&feature=related

LOL, Notice how they all got braver when their mother walked in?
And boy that cat was not happy.
God's NOT mad at you!! . . . . .NO matter what!

bill16652

flaglady

January 25, 2009, 04:10:36 pm #30 Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 04:22:19 pm by flaglady
Let me tell you a story about a St Bernard a friend of mine had. They lived in a little cottage in a little village in Hertfordshire - picture book stuff. Though the house had a 1½ acre plot of land, it actually stood about 4 feet from the front hedge so when people walked past or horses, cattle, even cars, went past the alarm would go up!

The alarm was in the form of mother and daughter toy poodles who would sleep on the table next to the window. Jane, the SB, would sleep under the table. Jane was quite old and deaf but a wonderful dog, (except for looooong strings of sticky drool she ALWAYS had hanging from her jowls! yuk!)

Anyway, all dogs would be asleep, someone passes by, poodles leap up, shrieking their silly little heads off and race out the back door, round to the front to fend of interlopers.  Jane would hear them as they left, and with great resonating "WOOF WOOOF WOOOOF!!" typical of the breed, she would barge out of the house like a furry tank to follow the two tiny poodles and join in the excitement.

When the poodles got to the front and found nobody there, they would carry on right round the house, "YIP, YIP, YIP, YIP" and Jane behind going "WO-OOF WOO-OF WOOO-OOOOF!!!". Then the poodles would serve into the back door, into the living room and back up on their spot to sleep again.

But poor Jane, being hard of hearing and vision, and following them a few yards behind, wouldn't realise and would keep on going round and round the house until she suddenly realised she was on her own! You could tell when that moment of realisation struck as she would go "WOO-OOF WOO-OF WOO .... ?????" Question mark almost tangible!

Imagine the biggest SB ever looking sheepish as she tries to sneek back into the living room and under the table, trying to pretend she had actually meant to do those three extra circuits of the property! By the time she got in, the poodles would likely as not be sound asleep again!

This would happen at least once and sometime two or three times a day! Sometimes we'd all be laughing so hard, Jane would realise and look even more sheepish.

Poor Jane - she was a wonderful dog but I'd never want one!

bill16652

ROFL!  O love it that is typocal of the breed, they are loyal and loving and so much fun.  I understand that the size and the drool put people off but they are wonderful dogs.  Should have seen the clerk the time I went in the store to stock up on dog food and bought 100 pounds and she asked how many dogs I had and I said one!  Thought she was going to drop over.

flaglady

After she died, they got a boarder collie and I was in infrequent visitor, But Shane and I got on like a house on fire. By then my friends were a lot older and couldn't take her for walks but thought the free fun of their orchard was enough (NOT!)

So I took her for a walk and we had a wonderful time with a ball and just playing catch on the green! She was a show dog and had this thing whenever you picked up her leash, she would sit with her back to you, looking up and waiting for the it to be put on. Well, I never went back for about 4 years and then it was just a flying visit but as soon as I walked in the house, Shane came and sat in front of me waiting to be taken for a walk. I didn't have time that day and it's always been a poignant memory of that dog waiting all that time hoping I'd turn up one day and take her for a walk again!

(you may now all go 'aawwww'!!!)

bill16652

that truly is an awwww story.  I love dogs and they ask so little for the love and loyalty they show.

lovesblessing

Looks like Snoopy has another recruit to help with the Red Baron!

lovesblessing

This is what comes from an obsession with dogs.......

lovesblessing

Here's a photo of The Donalds doggie.......

lovesblessing

Here's a cute little teddy bear for you......

bill16652

all these dogs! all right

flaglady