• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 11, 2019, 08:12:36 pm

OMG!

Started by Sarah, January 14, 2009, 03:33:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpine

Al Gore is doing a speech in downtown Milwaukee today, and someone on another board posted about it, here's my response:




: NPR & CNN will be covering Al Gore's seminar on global warming live from the Marcus Ampitheater today at noon!!!


I hope Gore dresses warmly!
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Neph

Quote from: Alpine on January 15, 2009, 11:55:57 am
Al Gore is doing a speech in downtown Milwaukee today, and someone on another board posted about it, here's my response:




: NPR & CNN will be covering Al Gore's seminar on global warming live from the Marcus Ampitheater today at noon!!!


I hope Gore dresses warmly!


LOL, that's funny!!!

It was -19 degrees below zero this morning when I woke up. They ended up cancelling all schools so I had the day off!!
God's NOT mad at you!! . . . . .NO matter what!

Alpine

those are the best days neph!
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Renee

The wind chill this mornin was 5 below. But of course this crazy school would not call off schooll. They care more bout the school then the kids. I had to give my scarf to Cecil to protect his face from the horrible cold.
Quote from: Neph on January 15, 2009, 02:55:37 pm

LOL, that's funny!!!

It was -19 degrees below zero this morning when I woke up. They ended up cancelling all schools so I had the day off!!
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored

DianeL

It's flippin freezin... up here in Canada too! I just don't like it!!!  (I'm not that far from PA-USA)
34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13

Pete

Tomorrow, we're supposed to have a high of 1° F.

Every school in a 500-mile radius is already either delayed or canceled tomorrow, except for our's. 
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Sarah

It's supposed to be 1 degree tomorrow with negative wind chills.  :gah:
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Neph

Over here we're supposed to bottom out tomorrow morning at -26 below with wind chills of, get this, -35 to -45 below. Well, I get another day off of school again.


But there's good news of a heat wave coming next week! By Tuesday we will be in the 30s!!! :suntan::egyptdance::thewave:
God's NOT mad at you!! . . . . .NO matter what!

Alpine

Quote from: Neph on January 15, 2009, 10:36:52 pm
Over here we're supposed to bottom out tomorrow morning at -26 below with wind chills of, get this, -35 to -45 below. Well, I get another day off of school again.


But there's good news of a heat wave coming next week! By Tuesday we will be in the 30s!!! :suntan::egyptdance::thewave:



I'm working outside in this today...I'm not too excited...
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Pete

In what can be classified as nothing short of a miracle, school in our town was actually canceled today!

If you lived here, you'd realize what a monumental moment this is. 

Current temperature: -10° F (-17° F Windchill)
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

bill16652

Yes, school was cancelled here as well and it is 1 above right now, a real heat wave

Alpine

This was weird. I worked outside today, and I felt very warm.

Right now it's 4° and it felt more like 20 to me.

Must be because it's not that windy today.
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Neph

Quote from: Alpine on January 16, 2009, 03:25:09 pm
This was weird. I worked outside today, and I felt very warm.

Right now it's 4° and it felt more like 20 to me.

Must be because it's not that windy today.

The wind always has alot to do with it, but also so does getting used to the cold. And as long as you dress appropriately, you should stay relatively warm.
God's NOT mad at you!! . . . . .NO matter what!

Alpine

My nose hairs did freeze up when I first went out. But as the day went on, my nose hairs were quite bouncy and not very frozen!
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Neph

LOL, Thanks Alpine, I'm sure that's something we all wanted to hear.
God's NOT mad at you!! . . . . .NO matter what!

Pete

* Pete runs off to find a picture suitable of the concept "bouncy nose hairs"...


"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Neph

Quote from: Pete on January 16, 2009, 04:31:10 pm
* Pete runs off to find a picture suitable of the concept "bouncy nose hairs"...




Try Googling a Ren and Stimpy cartoon skit. That'll probably be your best bet.
God's NOT mad at you!! . . . . .NO matter what!

GiantSlayer23

Does anybody own a time share the the Caribbean?  Ready to pack and get away from this yucky weather.
May His Grace surround you and His Love keep you!

Neph

Quote from: Pete on January 16, 2009, 04:31:10 pm
* Pete runs off to find a picture suitable of the concept "bouncy nose hairs"...





How about this?

Instead of fighting bouncy nose hairs, braid them!

God's NOT mad at you!! . . . . .NO matter what!

bill16652