July 02, 2020, 08:58:35 am

OMG!

Started by Sarah, January 14, 2009, 03:33:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Today has been super cold out.  Not even 10 degrees.  The snow is really starting to pile up too.  We have around 2 feet and it's starting again.  We are in PA near the lake but I can't remember the last winter that was actually a real winter.  I need to go out again and shovel.  The mailman won't be able to wade through to the mail box if I don't.  Gotta love winter.
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

bill16652

I would prefer palm trees and year round summer.  Winter, yuck

Sarah

Are you gonna retire in Florida?

flaglady

aarrrgghh! She said  the 'S' word!

bill16652

No, I am where God wants me but can always hope for that global warming

Sarah

Quote from: flaglady on January 14, 2009, 03:37:18 pm
  aarrrgghh! She said  the 'S' word!

Sorry,  It's hard to miss here.

Quote from: bill16652 on January 14, 2009, 03:39:50 pm

Amen to that!

bill16652

As I type this it is snowing arrrgggh

Sarah

We're supposed to get lake effect snow again tonight.  Wahoo!

flaglady

'lake effect'? I dread to think what that is!

bill16652

That is the cold wind going across the warmer water and creating lake effect snow

Neph

Quote from: Sarah on January 14, 2009, 03:33:43 pm
Today has been super cold out.  Not even 10 degrees.  The snow is really starting to pile up too.  We have around 2 feet and it's starting again.  We are in PA near the lake but I can't remember the last winter that was actually a real winter.  I need to go out again and shovel.  The mailman won't be able to wade through to the mail box if I don't.  Gotta love winter.

You are going to shovel? Where's Pete? That's mens work, so my wife tells me...

Right now here in Wisconsin it is 4 degrees and is supposed to get down to -20 below zero. I feel your pain Sarah!
God's NOT mad at you!! . . . . .NO matter what!

Neph

Global warming, what is that?

If you got any, please send some my way!

bill16652

Revelation says that during tribulation we will definitely have it, but dont want to be here to see it

Neph

Quote from: bill16652 on January 14, 2009, 05:41:02 pm
Revelation says that during tribulation we will definitely have it, but dont want to be here to see it

I hear preachers every once in a while say that we are living in the most exciting time. I disagree, I would much rather have lived when Jesus was here, honestly.

Sarah

Quote from: Neph on January 14, 2009, 05:35:48 pm

You are going to shovel? Where's Pete? That's mens work, so my wife tells me...

Right now here in Wisconsin it is 4 degrees and is supposed to get down to -20 below zero. I feel your pain Sarah!

Since I don't get our much in the winter, houseboundness starts to get to me sometimes.  I also need the exercise.  That's why I usually shovel.  I don't mind it.  A means to an end.

You must have it worse than we do, not that it's any consolation to me.

bill16652

Quote from: Neph on January 14, 2009, 05:47:13 pm

I hear preachers every once in a while say that we are living in the most exciting time. I disagree, I would much rather have lived when Jesus was here, honestly.
All times are exciting and while I agree that to see Jesus then and His ministry I think that now as prophecy and events come together and the power of God has increased because satans power has also, this is exciting.  While the perils are much more so to are the rewards for those that overcome

goofy

no possibility of snow for us until Sunday or Sunday night. just cold, colder, coldest until then.  :suntan:

lovesblessing

Well, gee, it's even gonna be cold in Florida!
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Alpine

Quote from: Neph on January 14, 2009, 05:47:13 pm

Yeah, but the odds are you would of been a pagan and lucky to live 30 years as people didn't live very long back then!

It's -8° right now , the wind chill is -30° and I'm supposed to work outside today. I think I might have to blow it off and do it tomorrow when it will be a balmy 8° for a high.
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Renee

you do know that now the scientist are saying we are heading for another ice age don't you?
THE DEFINITION OF REVIVAL

1. Falling in love with Jesus all over again

2. Having the Joy of your salvation restored