• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 21, 2019, 01:14:56 am

American Idol

Started by Sarah, January 14, 2009, 03:10:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alpine

Adam is a shoo in to win. The other guy is so boring. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

Sarah

It was a sad day.   :doh:  I so was not expecting those results!

I think it will all depend on who Danny's supporters pick next.  Depending on what Adam sings, since not everyone likes his style, will make or break him. 

I wonder who will make an appearance next Tuesday?  Hopefully not Prince!  If He's there Pete might die from lack of ozygen.   :speechless:
Embraced by the loving arms of the Father....

Alpine

I'm guessing most of Danny's followers wont even vote. I'm not even sure I'm going to watch...

Sarah

I'm not sure who I like better this year.  I thought that it was a much closer race last year.  I think it depends on what they song.  I'll post my predictions later.

Alpine

Still haven't decided if I'm watching tonight. Not really interested.

Pete

The final song that Kara helped co-write, "No Boundaries", was easily the most schmaltzy song Idol has ever produced.  It had every cliché about climbing mountains, weathering hurricanes, etc. etc. ad nauseum.  Horrible, HORRIBLE song.

Adam's second song irritated the living daylights out of me.  Shriek city.  I don't deny that the guy has an amazing range and amazing talent to be able to sing some of the notes he hits, but I think he needs to learn some shriek moderation.  Not every song should be shrieked.  That's why I liked his "Mad World" performance.  Very subdued and laid back, and not a shriek in sight.

Overall, had I voted, I would have voted for Kris.  I think it's going to be pretty close.

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Sarah

I agree with Pete.

The first round of songs I thought Kris did better.  The other two rounds were a stalemate for both of them. 

It was a bad thing when Kris forgot the words and he had a teleprompter too.   :bolt:

I guess we will find out tonight.

Make sure you pad your DVRs.   :hugegrin:

lovesblessing

Seriously, I like the line in Toby Mac's recent song......"America has no more stars, now we call them idols...."   Too bad that we have to have more and more idols to worship in this old world anymore......every time I see this thread pop up it makes me think of this....... ;)

tobyMac "Lose My Soul" Official Video
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Pete

Quote from: lovesblessing on May 20, 2009, 01:11:24 pm
Seriously, I like the line in Toby Mac's recent song......"America has no more stars, now we call them idols...."   

Kirk Franklin sings that part.   :P

O0
"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

lovesblessing

I know that.......he even points to Mandisa when he says it......it's on the video link I posted.......and it is still part of Toby's song........ ;)
Faith is having a good opinion of God!

Sarah

That's Nate's favorite song.  He sings it pretty well.  Pete put it in his itunes for him.

Alpine

Quote from: Pete on May 20, 2009, 11:02:13 am
The final song that Kara helped co-write, "No Boundaries", was easily the most schmaltzy song Idol has ever produced.  It had every cliché about climbing mountains, weathering hurricanes, etc. etc. ad nauseum.  Horrible, HORRIBLE song.

Adam's second song irritated the living daylights out of me.  Shriek city.  I don't deny that the guy has an amazing range and amazing talent to be able to sing some of the notes he hits, but I think he needs to learn some shriek moderation.  Not every song should be shrieked.  That's why I liked his "Mad World" performance.  Very subdued and laid back, and not a shriek in sight.

Overall, had I voted, I would have voted for Kris.  I think it's going to be pretty close.

O0

They both sucked!!! Yes I'm bitter!

Sarah

Yes! Kris Won!  I'm glad he won since Danny didn't.

I thought that Rod Stewart was gonna fall and break a hip.

They had so many more celebs than any other year.

I can't wait to see what they all do now.......

Alpine

I am very glad the screamer vampire freak lost.  :hug: