• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 13, 2019, 07:30:34 am

Why I left CF

Started by Pete, January 13, 2009, 10:49:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Neph

Quote from: bill16652 on January 14, 2009, 04:17:47 pm
Sorry, that is how it seemed to me and maybe I am still smarting from CF.  Like you, I didnt go back there for a long time and I do pray that peace reigns over there.  It is not a place I want to be most of the time.

Yeah, I wouldn't advise anyone to go there yet and start teaching WOF doctrine if you don't want to meet staunch opposition because there still are a few people there who hate WOF doctrine and are very bitter over it. And I think that right there was half the problem, bitterness, and they haven't gotten over it. They view their warped belief in what WOF teachers taught them as the cause of all their problems. The key word there is "warped".
God's NOT mad at you!! . . . . .NO matter what!

Neph

Quote from: Pete on January 14, 2009, 04:27:57 pm
There were a number of people at CF who tried to make the case that WoF people were the problem, and tried to use the fact that now that WoF people were fewer in number as proof.  Of course, the opposite would have been true also, had the non/anti-WoF people left, because the opposition would have been gone either way.

Well, I totally disagree with those people who were saying that. And I now have no desire to discuss anything with them. Whatever I would say would only end up going in one ear and out the other and I personally got very tired of it and sick of it. That's why I could care less what they think.

No, my view as to why the forum is better is quite different then their's. I think that because some of the WOF people left, like yourself, they then didn't have a reason to be there anymore. No one to fight with, no one to mock, no one to bash anymore so they then left also, slowly but surely.

Quote[/SIZE]
I believe the problem was with agenda-driven people.  Some people had a very strong anti-WoF agenda.  Some people had a very strong pro-WoF agenda.  Some people had a very politically driven agenda.  Some people had a race-driven agenda.  Basically, anyone who was there for the purpose of "pushing" ANY agenda was, IMO, the biggest problem.

Exactly, I couldn't agree more. Now there are people over there that still push their agenda's but I don't care to listen to them anymore. Like I said, I have my priorities on what to talk about, and I do believe I am in line with God's priorities. You could say I have an agenda also, but it's a good agenda, I don't seek to mock, fight, or bash anyone or their beliefs.

Quote[/SIZE]
For the most part, I agree with you.  I also have no problem with disagreements or debate.  But unfortunately, most of the "debates" there were not debates at all.  When you have people who are trying to TELL you what you believe, and you tell them they're wrong, and they continue to persist in saying the same thing over and over again after being corrected, you could have a more productive conversation with your wall.

Mainly that is how it was like, it has changed for the better. Could it still change for the better, sure, but I find it tolerable now.

Alpine

From my perspective as a non wof (can I say that?) I have to say it was the disappearance of a few vapid anti wof people that made all the difference. (devotiontobible anyone?)
As long as the Steelers themes smileys exist so shall my protest last!

flaglady

Oh my!    did he actually depart in the end!

Neph

Quote from: flaglady on January 15, 2009, 04:02:54 pm
Oh my!    did he actually depart in the end!

Apparently, and so did several others.

Alpine

flaglady

He got a bad cough? Oh dear - poor chap! Hope it's 'not' permanent)

goofy

January 16, 2009, 09:05:11 am #27 Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 09:37:53 am by goofy
Quote from: bill16652 on January 14, 2009, 03:12:36 pm
I think that it is a shame that WOF are attributed with all the problems when the two biggest problems to that SFPC forum are still there spreading what I would consider doubt and unbelief but I say let them have it as long as others are not persauded by it.

agreed, 100% bill.   
but with the shift in staff to those who openly and flagrantly support that mindset at every opportunity, and who are in lockstep with each other, there is nothing that can be done.   

Essentially it is useless to report the posts of certain people now, because they will always get an automatic pass from staff.
things have changed since Pete left, and not for the good.

there's really no reason why there can't be both camps on the board, and there's no reason why most of them can't manage to get along fairly well. the problem has always been enforcing that idea, because the two camps were so divided.

flaglady

Hey! I tried to keep the flag flying too, y'know! In fact was my going to bat over one of those situations up in A/SA that was cited in my being removed from staff last summer.

bill16652

Quote from: flaglady on January 16, 2009, 10:05:09 am
Hey! I tried to keep the flag flying too, y'know! In fact was my going to bat over one of those situations up in A/SA that was cited in my being removed from staff last summer.
This is exactly why I can never support CF again.  You are one of the fairest nicest people I have met over there and if they removed you not only was it their loss but also shows a lot ablout some character there as well.

sharonl

Quote from: bill16652 on January 16, 2009, 11:20:52 am
This is exactly why I can never support CF again.  You are one of the fairest nicest people I have met over there and if they removed you not only was it their loss but also shows a lot ablout some character there as well.

You are right Bill - that is exactly why I quit posting also - the way they treated Flaglady was crossing the line for me.
Diamonds From Heaven - help for the hurting heart
http://gentle.org/sites/diamonds/
Beautiful gifts - the men love them http://chopsknives.com

flaglady

How could I not thank you two after that!

Alpine

January 16, 2009, 03:22:55 pm #32 Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 04:03:03 pm by Alpine
Quote from: goofy on January 16, 2009, 09:05:11 am

Essentially it is useless to report the posts of certain people now, because they will always get an automatic pass from staff.
things have changed since Pete left, and not for the good.

That's untrue. In fact the mods I've come across the year I've been a mod are all very fair, and we usually go out of our way to be EXTRA fair to people. People who get themselves banned do so for a reason.

Obviously I can't speak specifics towards certain people whom you are referring too, but you can be sure there was a lot of discipline handed out to a lot of people the last year on both sides.

Neph

Quote from: flaglady on January 16, 2009, 01:36:29 pm
How could I not thank you two after that!

When this was happening to you over there was during the time I was getting so disgusted with CF that I was on my way out and I never did hear anything about what all happend to you. I know nothing about it other than they had pretty much fired you.

Alpine, I think you and the current mods over there are doing a great job!

Alpine

Quote from: Neph on January 16, 2009, 04:14:49 pm

Alpine, I think you and the current mods over there are doing a great job!

Thanks! We try to be fair in a no win / unpopular job.

Pete

There always has been (and likely always will be) some level of corruption, favoritism and abuse of power at CF among some of the staff.  But for the most part, I think the staff has always done a very good job.

"There is no charge for awesomeness -- or attractiveness."

Neph

Quote from: Alpine on January 16, 2009, 04:17:39 pm

Thanks! We try to be fair in a no win / unpopular job.

Don't I know...

goofy

January 16, 2009, 06:32:38 pm #37 Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 07:17:36 pm by goofy
as always all we can do is speak from what we know.
and i can affirm that all the above people have spoken truthfully within the scope of their level of knowledge.

and we all know how many different levels of knowledge there are at CF.

if you think of it like the TV game "Survivor," it's a bit easier to understand.

not saying that's either right or wrong, but it is within that framework that staff works.
and yes, some of them work to the glory of God.

Alpine

Quote from: goofy on January 16, 2009, 06:32:38 pm
as always all we can do is speak from what we know.
and i can affirm that all the above people have spoken truthfully within the scope of their level of knowledge.

and we all know how many different levels of knowledge there are at CF.

if you think of it like the TV game "Survivor," it's a bit easier to understand.

not saying that's either right or wrong, but it is within that framework that staff works.
and yes, some of them work to the glory of God.

The tribe has spoken!

Neph

You know Alpine, I wont go back on what I have been saying because since I became a regular over there again since early November, things have changed for the better. But lately, in the last few days, it is starting to go back to how it used to be.

There's a group of people over there who are, slowly but surely, making healing the major topic of discussion. 2 weeks ago there were no threads on healing that I knew of. Now there are several of them. There has yet to be any major fights but I don't think I want to stick around for when they start. Some of these people still have an agenda and whether or not any fights happen, I'm getting that same sickening feeling in my stomack whenever I view the threads.

Right now, if you go to the Debate forum, it is all pretty much nothing but healing threads with alot of sarcasm and snide remarks made on boths sides. I honestly don't think these people care, but I do and I'm about to pull the plug on my involvement over there.