• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
November 22, 2019, 11:09:33 am

Tee Hee Giggle Giggle

Started by leadworship, January 08, 2009, 12:14:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

leadworship

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

What what what!?!??!?!

We must have faith to please Him.  Got that..

Now the power of a little tiny word "and" that requires both arguements be fulfilled to allow the condition be met.

Condition:  draw near to God
Requirements:  Believe He exists AND that He rewards those who seek Him.

So... you mean... it's not enough to believe in God, but I also have to believe that He is a rewarder of people who seek Him?  What kinds of wages could God pay? 

You tell me!

**warning:  this post is meant to spark discussion.  These aren't the droids you're looking for.  Move along ... down to the reply button OH YEAH BABY!!!**

bill16652

lol, so right, almost all the promises of God are conditional as in I will if you will.  Even salvation has conditions as in believe in your heart and confess with your nmouth

flaglady

You're a nutcase, man!

I think your proposed argument is a non sequitur as surely the three go hand in hand.

IF you have faith in God that is not the end of it.
You cannot believe in something that does not exist.
Even then you have faith that He is going to DO something ..... like ..... bless you!

Wages? Nah!
Rewards - certainly! Like His live, His closeness, His total acceptance of me no matter what. That's good for starters.

charityagape

leadworship

Sorry, didn't mean to throw you guys off.

Reading this verse I was reminded of people who often times say that God's not a gumball machine or that if you do without some or all conveniences, that you are a better (or REAL lol Pete) Christian. 

Then I looked up the scripture in the interlinear, and linked the work "rewarder" above.  It said a rewarder was "one who pays wages, a rewarder".  So, in context of that verse, we must believe he exists and that he pays wages -so to speak- to those who seek him.  That got me wondering what people might think or consider wages.  Must they be Spiritual?  Can they be Emotional or physical?  Aren't we Triune beings too, and wouldn't God possibly consider paying wages to all three.

Just a thought, and wondered what your thoughts were.  What would you consider wages?  How has God "rewarded" you?